Whing 6 improved performance until injury
ElAbd 7 Very solid
Virgo 7 ditto
Tunnicliffe 6 much better in 2nd half after nervy 1st half
Bennett 7 Very good. Would have liked to have seen with the ball more
Davies 7 Looks quality
Crofts 7 Best performance so far
Dicker 7 Proved why a lot of people on here wanted him in team
Forster 7 As canny and effective as ever. What a bargain he was at 75k!
Dickinson 7
Subs
Elphick 6
Cox 7 made a difference
Hart 6 Should have scored

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kuipers - 6 - Did okay, should have lumped the ball up the pitch and avoided that fiasco at the end. Distribution was good if you were called Michael Duberry
Whing - 6 - Was beginning to link up well with Bennett prior to his injury
ElAbd - 7 - Very good. His inability to overlap limited our ability to break them down on the left, but you can't really blame a right footed centre half for that
Virgo - 6 - Distribution very poor at times
Tunnicliffe - 6 - Improved, but hesitation nearly cost us. That long throw looks like something we will never be able to exploit. Can we drop it?
Bennett - 6 - Not in the game much, good when he was
Davies - 7 - Similar to Bennett, but with a little more impact
Crofts - 7 - The enforcer. Very good.
Dicker - 7 - Did the simple things very well
Forster - 6 - Did well for the goal. Was often playing too far apart from Dickinson. Lacked midfield support
Dickinson - 6 - I hate seeing Brighton players dive. Ditto Forster

Subs
Elphick - 6 - Okay
Cox - 7 - Very busy. The only player to not stick rigidly to the formation. Showed exactly why people should not underestimate his contribution
Hart - 6 - I backed 2-0. Cost me £50

The forwards really lacked any support today. Nobody was getting into the box to support them until Cox came on. I like both Dicker and Crofts, but someone has to play higher up the pitch, especially when teams park the bus at Withdean.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Kuipers - had nothing to do bit of a mess at the end - 6

Whing - did alright but don't seem the same player as previous years - 6
Virgo - his passing scares me but did the defensive job well in both positions - 7
Tunnicliffe - looks calm think he is going to get better and better - 7
El-Abd - out of position gave 100% and was very good - 7

Bennett - ran with his head down a few times but looks like we might have a player - 7
Crofts - solid best i've seen him play - 7
Dicker - my MOM wanted the ball was clever did get a bit tired but first 90 mins - 8
Davies - did alright but ran out of steam, think he will get better - 6.5

Forster - got the goal but seen him play a lot better - 6.5
Dicksinson - the booking (very unjust) upset his rhythm but still gave his all - 6.5

Subs:
Elphick - solid as ever - 7
Cox - thought he changed the game - 7.5
Hart - should have scored, would have preferred Davies to come on personally - 6

The Ref - shocking never let the game flow and some piss poor decisions - 1

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
kuijpers - 6 - did ok but last minute mess could have been costly
whing - 6 - a bit off the pace
tunnicliffe -7- a few nervous moments but improving
virgo -7- less hoofs than usual and a couple of good intercepts
el abd -8- our best defender today
crofts -7- very effective, broke up a lot
dicker -7- quality apart form a couple of stray passes
davies -8- looks as if he could be excellent
forster -6- still running but noticably less effective. well positioned for goal
dickinson - 5- bad dive and silly booking and then had to be restrained in what he did so wasn't in things much. dominated in the air by Duberry

elphick -7- solid
cox -8- i agreed with him not starting, but he was lively when he came on and did well to make the goal
hart -6- that miss was a shame.............

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Kuipers 6.5 - nothing to do - could have cost us at the end
Whing 6.5 - did OK
Virgo 7CB 5 RB (passing woeful in 2nd half)
Tunicliffe 7 - looked solid
El Abd 7 - solid
Bennett 6 - some good play but does not want to take on the full back
Davies 6 - OK but not overly impressed
Dicker 7.5 - goosdgame a few stray passes
Crofts 7 - good game (still a problem with playing 2 defensive CMs though)
Dickinson 7 - worked hard and played sensibly with discipline after booking
Forster 7 - Worked hard

Cox 7- changed game
Hart 5 - didn't get in the game bad miss
Elphick - 7 solid defending

In summary a good solid team performance but lacked creativity

I don't see how you can possibly rate Michel or any of the defenders - they had NOTHING to do. Ok, noone did anything wrong, but they won't have an easier game all season.

Dicker was probably the one class act - I'll give him a 7. The other players (Bennett, Crofts, Davies, Forster, Dickinson) were bog-standard league one triers today and no more. 5's and 6's all round there I'd say. Wycombe were outrageously clueless, and to be honest we didn't look THAT much better. A bit better and probably deserved winners, but there was nothing there to make me think any attacking player warrants more than 6.

Tosh tosh and more tosh

I'd like to see you work that hard and descibe it as nothing to do. I agree Wycombe lacked ambition for most of the game but our defence still had to work hard.

All the players put in a shift today, closing down and working hard for the team but to describe those above as bog standard league 1 is a joke. Bennett and Davies in particular were better than that and Dickinson was excellent.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Kuipers- 6 -Nothing to do but nealy blew it at the end, like others have said.

Whing - 6 - Still not up to the level we have come to expect of him.
Tunnicliffe- 6 - some dodgy moments when he let the ball bounce, but looked quite composed otherwise.
Virgo- 5.5 - personally I thought he had a really off game, some of his touches were awful, and his distribution wasn't good...then again made some good interceptions
El-abd- 6.5 - considering it was El-abd at left back, he was really good, but still the odd nightmare, like when he tried to let it go out for a goal kick and got tackled.

Bennett- 6.5 - decent game today, nice ball into cox for the goal, hopefully more to come
Dicker- 7 - Thank God he started, can't have seen us winning that game had it been Navarro
Crofts- 7 - I thought he was really good, tidy with the ball, put in some great tackles, looked promising alongside Dicker
Davies- 6.5 - decent debut, when he got the ball he looked a threat, nearly scored with a good chance in the first half

Dickinson- 6 - Not one of his better games, got wound up, told White to f*** off, but he's still class
Forster- 6 - even though he scored he didn't have a very good game, but then again he was never going to win anything in the air against their CBs

Subs:
Elphick- 6.5 - solid, as far as I can remember
Cox- 6.5 - did well when he came on, nice assist for the goal
Hart- 5.5 - missed a great chance to put it to bed, had he scored the last 5 mins would have been much more bearable

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Kuipers 6

Whing 6
Virgo 6
Tunnicliffe 6
El-Abd 5

Davies 7
Dicker 7
Crofts 6
Bennett 7

Forster 7
Dickinson 6

Elphick 6
Cox 8
Hart 6

Jul 7, 2003
Why do you all think Kuipers deserved a 6. The FDM not only nearly cost us the game at the end but also lost it earlier in the second half when he scuffed a kick and then rushed unnecessarily out of his goal to slice the ball out for a throw in when there were two defenders nearby who were ready to clear the ball themselves.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Kuipers - 5 - had little to do, but everytime he was called upon he almost f*** it up.

Whing - 6 - Looked like he was going to get skinned everytime. Lucky to pick up a injury IMO.
El Bad - 7 - Still found myself shouting 'don't let the ball bounce' but the usual whipping boy was steady again today.
Tunnicliffe - 7.5 - Impressed rightly starting in front of Elphick on present form.
Virgo - 6.5 - Strong at centre back, not as good at full back - but we all knew that!

Dicker - 7 - good passer, strong and no coincidence we won with him starting.
Crofts - 8 - The stand out player today. Broke play up, won tackles, full of running.
A Davies - 7 - Done well, for a debut. With a bit more match fitness he'll be an asset.
Bennett - 6 - OK game, confidence player. Will get better and better.

Dickinson - 6 - One of those games. Booked early and given nothing by the ref for the rest of the game because of it. Won little in the air. Thought him and Forster played to far apart especially as we were playing with 2 out and out wingers. Would have been a 5.5 but for the 'F*** OFF' he directed at Dean White!
Forster - 6.5 - Goalscorer and therefore very valuable to us! Far from his best game, but as always, ran hard. He and Dickinson won little in the air all afternoon.

Elphick - 6 - Solid, strong and dependable. Positioning always good, but worried about his lack of pace.
Cox - 7 - Changed the game when he came on. Great vision and selflessness to set up the goal.
Hart - 6 - Not so great vision and selflessness, should have rolled his 90th minute effort across the goal to Bennett. But in that position I think every striker would probably have shot.

Ref - 2 - Poor, poor, poor, poor. But we are coming to expect that in League 1.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
i haven't read anyone else's ratings....

Kuipers 6 - sounded loud today. did all that he was asked. lucky not to be punished at the end of the game though.

Whing 6 - worries me, looks like a weak link.
Virgo 6 - some great tackles. woeful distribution at times.
Tunnicliffe 6 - looks solid unless he hesitates and lets the ball bounce. accomplished at times on the ball.
El-Abd 7 - usually i can't stand him, probably due a 6 but he played well today, and out of position, so bumped him up.

Davies 7 - quite a positive first game. not afraid to shoot and i'll always applaud that. probably tried a bit too hard to impress and needs a better final pass.
Dicker 8 - classy and wants the ball all the time. tidy feet. some sloppy mispasses, obviously not match fit/up to peak performance but very influential.
Crofts 7 - thought he was navarro. did quite well tho and very involved in the game
Bennett 7 - i like this lad. he surprises me as he can tackle and head the ball well (useful for those long racking no-hoper cross balls from the defence)

Forster 6 - you can tell he's quality but did seem a bit off the pace.
Dickinson 7 - i like him and that old pratt in front of me in g block who kept calling him a lazy bastard is a fool. thoiught he worked hard, good touches, needs to improve in the air and stop falling over and appealing to the ref.

subs:
Elphick 7 - did well at right back
Cox 8 - have not liked his peformance all season but he came on and looked sharp and inventive. obviously, needs to be dropped more often.
Hart 6 - looked a bit large?

thoroughyl enjoyed the game which was quiet and too many errors but i think we're improving and showed in spurts we can develop into a good team

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 6's apart from El Abd , Dicker and Dickinson 7.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Why do you all think Kuipers deserved a 6. The FDM not only nearly cost us the game at the end but also lost it earlier in the second half when he scuffed a kick and then rushed unnecessarily out of his goal to slice the ball out for a throw in when there were two defenders nearby who were ready to clear the ball themselves.

Too right mate. He did not have much to do but everything he did he did wrong. I give Michelle (as his name is spelt in the BBC report) a 2 for todays performance.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Regarding Michel, firstly if you're picking out ONE misplaced kick in the whole game you're pathetic. This is league one football, the goalie will sometimes not put the ball directly on the forward's head. The Wycombe goalie booted it straight out for a throw in the second half, but I bet they haven't got retards who go on the internet to discuss it four hours later.

And secondly, I don't even think he was holding onto the ball THAT long when he got penalised at the end. I've certainly seen him take the piss a LOT more than that without a word being said. And why was it a free-kick and not just a yellow card? Keepers get booked for timewasting all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen a free-kick given for it. The ref was a twat and Michel played perfectly well.

I LOVE YOU MICHELLE, I LOVE YOU :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Jul 7, 2003
Regarding Michel, firstly if you're picking out ONE misplaced kick in the whole game you're pathetic.

Oh dear - please take off those orange coloured goggles. I'm not one of FDMs detractors and if you care to read the post again before dreaming of sticking your tongue back up Michel's arse you'll see that it wasn't the kick but the unnecessary rush out afterwards that I criticised.:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here