Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Wolves

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not really, it's based on how ratings average out, comparing the comments people make with the ratings they give, and comparing everyone's opinion, not just my own.

Yes but surely it's your opinion that people rate him higher than he deserves, he is a former Spanish international so it's hardly surprising that he achieves above average ratings most of the time. The ratings may or may not be biased, who knows. The only accurate way is by asking someone who actually knows what they're talking about. Get Gus to post some player ratings :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes but surely it's your opinion that people rate him higher than he deserves, he is a former Spanish international so it's hardly surprising that he achieves above average ratings most of the time. The ratings may or may not be biased, who knows. The only accurate way is by asking someone who actually knows what they're talking about. Get Gus to post some player ratings :lolol:

There are a lot of posters who seem consistent in their comments and marks from one player to the next, but there are lots that aren't, they rate in perspective to the general opinion of everyone on here. These are usually in line with overall averages.

When you take average ratings and compare that average to the ratings other people gave, or when you look the distribution of some of the ratings (i.e. people keeping every performance in line with average, then voting significantly higher than average for, say Vicente, or particularly lower for, say, Barnes), and take into account the comments people put with their ratings it is clear a fair few people have those biases, regardless of whether I agree with them or not.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There are a lot of posters who seem consistent in their comments and marks from one player to the next, but there are lots that aren't, they rate in perspective to the general opinion of everyone on here. These are usually in line with overall averages.

When you take average ratings and compare that average to the ratings other people gave, or when you look the distribution of some of the ratings (i.e. people keeping every performance in line with average, then voting significantly higher than average for, say Vicente, or particularly lower for, say, Barnes), and take into account the comments people put with their ratings it is clear a fair few people have those biases, regardless of whether I agree with them or not.

It all depends what things people are taking into account. E.G Vicente is generally always a better passer than Barnes, does that mean he should get marked higher or now do people expect Vicente to pass the ball well every game, marking him down if he doesn't. It's hard to judge from, what normally is a short comment whether they are being biased or not. You may think they are if a player generally gets lower ratings, but the player might just not be very good. As I said, it's all opinions anyway, and seeing as no one on here really knows what they are taking about they are obviously going to differ from one another.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kuszack-8

Dave- 7
Greer- 8
Upson- 7
Painter -6

Bridcutt- 8
Crofts- 6
Vicente- 7
Lua Lua-10

Barnes-7
Ulloa- 7

Barker-
El-Abd-7
Hammond 7

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player ratings

Lualua 8.76 (73min)
Bridcutt 7.61
Upson 7.45
Greer 7.16
Ulloa 7.00
Kuszczak 6.92
Crofts 6.89
Barnes 6.84
Painter 6.84 (81min)
David Lopez 6.71
Vicente 6.29 (90min)

Subs
El Abd 6.93 (22min)
Barker 6.67 (5min)
Hammond 6.58 (14min)

Squad average: 7.05

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Unconventional, as he's not an Albion player, but if I could just be permitted to award Roger Johnson of Wolves a 4 out of ten. What a lazy, disinterested waste of money he was for them. I recall him going for a tackle on an Albion player in the second half, failing to win the ball and then just standing with his hands on his hips before drifting slowly back towards his defensive position while the Albion poured forward. Really poor attitude. No wonder he's been relegated three years in a row. Must drive their fans nuts to see that.

Obviously I haven't watched Wolves all season but O'Hara was brilliant in comparison to Johnson. Utter waste of space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here