Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Wolves (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 6
Gross 8 -- just keeps on going, so glad it was him the ball fell to. His fifth of the season.
Webster 6 -- a bit mixed today
Dunk 6 -- don't wave your arms above your head in the penalty area; beyond that, a couple of stunning balls to Mitoma
Estupinan 6 -- a bit clumsy today
Ali Mac 6 -- decent free kicks, but was a little anonymous today despite us dominating possession
Caicedo 6 -- also clumsy today
March 7 -- stretched them out wide, one great interception, impressive dynamo
Lallana 9 -- best performance for the club. Expertly finished one goal, and sublime play to assist another. Made things happen
Mitoma 9.5 MotM -- tries things, last week (for me) too much didn't pay off, today most things did. A delightful pre-assist threaded through a tight space with the outside of his foot; an excellent header to score his first goal (never thought I'd say that); stunning first touch to draw the foul for the red; brilliant close control, acceleration and pull back for the winner. And, apart from that, caused havoc
Trossard 7 -- lovely lay off for the first, some inventive stuff, kept their defenders occupied

Welbeck 5 -- thought he was poor, gave away too many silly free kicks, and didn't capitalise on a few opportunities
Gilmour 6
Undav 7 -- an assist, a lovely turn and shot. Positive cameo
Veltman n/a

Lovely game of football, with the right outcome

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bit harsh on Dunk. You try to intercept a cross by sticking a leg out without your arms lifting, it's a natural position for your arms to be. VAR need to run some drills to understand how the body works
Don't think he could have acted much different. One of those "shit happens" things... its a penalty 365 days a year though.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
No way Tross gets a 7 today even with my blue and white specs. Gross not an eight despite the winner. Actually didn’t do that well at times. Spot on with the rest of the scores though from the op thread starter

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bit harsh on Dunk. You try to intercept a cross by sticking a leg out without your arms lifting, it's a natural position for your arms to be. VAR need to run some drills to understand how the body works
It's the rules. And therefore players have to adapt to the rules. You may not like the rules (not so sure I do). And it isn't VAR that needs to run drills. The ref body might but, on the whole, I'm in favour of rule changes that encourage attacking play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's the rules. And therefore players have to adapt to the rules. You may not like the rules (not so sure I do). And it isn't VAR that needs to run drills. The ref body might but, on the whole, I'm in favour of rule changes that encourage attacking play.
The rule is unnatural position - so it’s then ambiguous as to what’s a natural position. The other rule is proximity of player to ball - and in this case it was very close. Loads like this have been given recently of course, but it doesn’t make it the correct decision whatsoever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh and Caicedo was absolutely running it all day for me - 8 or 9
I thought Caicedo was an immense, pacey, powerhouse today.

Not the OP, but I think some of the gloomy mid-match posts were based on the Albion taking time to break down a mass 10 man defence. Everyone knows 11 against 10 is difficult for the 11 when the 10 don’t play, just defending. The Albion were patient and got their reward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I found it hard to argue with the pen given the laws. Harsh but correct imo

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sanchez 7
Gross 8 - you want that chance to fall to him more than anyone else almost don't you.
Webster 7 -
Dunk 7 -
Estupinan 6.5 - played quite well but careless at times
Ali Mac 7
Caicedo 7
March 8
Lallana 9 - brilliant in that position
Mitoma 9 - MOTM
Trossard 7 -- great layoff but faded and was poor in second half

Welbeck 5
Gilmour 6 - great player to bring on as passes quickly and incisively.
Undav 6 - was that an assist as it looked more like a tackle. Loved the foul he won
Veltman

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Caicedo 6 -- also clumsy today
Harsh on Caicedo - he put in a lot of leg work up and down the pitch and put in some important defensive work today.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Caicedo now looking peak Biss. He doesn't need to break sweat.
Lallana very good. Best game for us maybe.
Nothing Dunk could've done. That was a natural body position. He was hurling his legs towards the player.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think Mitoma and Lallana were 9s, the rest 7-8... apart from maybe Perv who was non-involved in a bit too many "where is Perv?" moments today.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got a yellow for that didn't he :mad:
No whomever the ball went too, post tackle, Pervy booted straight up in the air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here