Maupay - 7 - Proud of how hard he worked today

Subs - encouraging

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The Mac looked quality for ten minutes or so he was on - has to start next game

March was abysmal going forward

Ali J and Biss were both up for the fight

Rest did ok - we were quite defensive though - never broke with numbers as worried about being taken to the cleaners on the break ( which we would have been )

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well I must be one of them.

Did you watch from half-time? He was awful in the first half, both positionally and with the ball.

Much better in second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I did miss the first five minutes or so though. The stats scores support my view, over yours.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Ryan 7 - Never had too much to do but looked comfy in doing what he did.

Montoya 7 - Got forward but never left his defensive duties either
Webster 7 - Seemed to get better as the game went on
Dunk 8 - Heart of the defence again
Burn 6 - Seen much better from him and Traore troubled him in the short time he was on

March 7 - Lots of running, worked hard but no quality on final pass/cross
Bissouma 9 - Outstanding, everywhere on the pitch. motm
Pröpper 5 - I like Propper but looked weak and gave the ball away numerous times
Mooy 6 - OK, but seems to slow us down too often. If he moved the ball quicker like he was earlier in the season would be great
Trossard 6 - Tried but didnt really seem up for the physical battle against Boly

Maupay 6 - Worked hard but the ball never reached his feet often enough

Mac Allister 8 - Only 13 minutes but always found space and looked a dangerous threat
Jahanbaksh 7 - Seemed to get past Boly more in 15 min that Trossard had done in 75 mins.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 7 - Never had too much to do but looked comfy in doing what he did.

Montoya 7 - Got forward but never left his defensive duties either
Webster 7 - Seemed to get better as the game went on
Dunk 8 - Heart of the defence again
Burn 6 - Seen much better from him and Traore troubled him in the short time he was on

March 7 - Lots of running, worked hard but no quality on final pass/cross
Bissouma 9 - Outstanding, everywhere on the pitch. motm
Pröpper 5 - I like Propper but looked weak and gave the ball away numerous times
Mooy 6 - OK, but seems to slow us down too often. If he moved the ball quicker like he was earlier in the season would be great
Trossard 6 - Tried but didnt really seem up for the physical battle against Boly

Maupay 6 - Worked hard but the ball never reached his feet often enough

Mac Allister 8 - Only 13 minutes but always found space and looked a dangerous threat
Jahanbaksh 7 - Seemed to get past Boly more in 15 min that Trossard had done in 75 mins.

If Pröpper was a 5, there is no way March and Webster were 7s. Other way round IMO. More or less agree with the rest of what you said though, especially Bissouma who was outstanding

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, I did miss the first five minutes or so though. The stats scores support my view, over yours.

Not sure I’d ever base any argument on NSC scores [emoji23].

You obviously missed him falling over his own feet and giving the ball away twice around the penalty area.

On the positive he did play well in the second half....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not sure I’d ever base any argument on NSC scores [emoji23].

You obviously missed him falling over his own feet and giving the ball away twice around the penalty area.

On the positive he did play well in the second half....

Nor would I. But, as I pointed out, it's the independent statisticians that rate him higher than you and the NSC consensus

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
If Pröpper was a 5, there is no way March and Webster were 7s. Other way round IMO. More or less agree with the rest of what you said though, especially Bissouma who was outstanding

Maybe a 6 then. But he lost possession of the ball so often. I aint anti Propper at all actually rate him quite highly just not today. March did a lot of running and tried very hard thought he was decent apart from crossing where he was poor. I did originally have Webster at 6 but a clean sheet for a defender away at a team that only failed to score at home once previously

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nor would I. But, as I pointed out, it's the independent statisticians that rate him higher than you and the NSC consensus

I pay even less attention to stats as they tell a partial story - sorry [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION].

I mean we were great vs Palace with all those shots, whereas the majority trickled towards the goal......

I know what I saw in the first half and it wasn’t competent defending [emoji2]

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
He is, but there is a few moments every game when he is one of the worst and since he doesnt really score a shitload of goals and assists, the negative standout moments are easy to remember.

He’s this generation’s Robert Codner.

And much like Bob the Cod, I’ve always been desperate for DP to be much much more involved than he is. Clearly he’s a classy player, but since Christmas, whilst no one has excelled, DPs errors (caught in possession, poor positioning etc) seem to be worse than most.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He’s this generation’s Robert Codner.

And much like Bob the Cod, I’ve always been desperate for DP to be much much more involved than he is. Clearly he’s a classy player, but since Christmas, whilst no one has excelled, DPs errors (caught in possession, poor positioning etc) seem to be worse than most.

Obviously he brings stuff to the table that are difficult for us laymen to see but since he is always playing regardless of manager + gets called up to Oranje etc, there's just something about him that managers see. Still I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he leaves this summer to make room for Alzate/someone else.

Think there are probably leagues that would fit him a lot better. Somewhere where you have a little more time with the ball, like Italy.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also made a thread with ratings but lets go with this one.

Ryan 7 - did what he had to do and looks increasingly comfortable with the ball at his feet

Montoya 6 - poor first half but completely locked the right wing in second half. One of the best as long as he does not have the ball.
Webster 6 - also poor first half, lots of small mistakes that could have been punished, but did very well in the second
Dunk 8 - great performance, unlucky card
Burn n/a - unusual amounts of trouble but in the end did well

March 6 - great defensive work compensates for his horrible end product
Bissouma 9 - easily the best performer on the pitch, flawless performance
Pröpper 4-7 - a bit up and down as always
Mooy 7 - good as always, great defensive performance and is by far the best passer in the team
Trossard 5 - did work hard but.... its just not really working for him

Maupay 7 - works his ass off and rarely make bad decisions, not very involved today though

Ali J & Mac Allister played too little but had some promising fun with tired Wolves defenders

BUrn N/A - excellent performance by Dan who actually did a few nice crosses as well. MoM

This was your score for Burn against Palace. I'm intrigued to know the reason why Burn isn't allowed a score?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
BUrn N/A - excellent performance by Dan who actually did a few nice crosses as well. MoM

This was your score for Burn against Palace. I'm intrigued to know the reason why Burn isn't allowed a score?

I'll quote myself:

"Because I cant put numbers on his performances. He is 8 ft tall, believes he is Roberto Carlos, makes silly mistakes that he always repair. Weird stepovers that fail, Zidaneesque chip passes that succeed. He outruns pacy wingers and lose headers against dwarfs. Who or what am I going to compare him to?"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ryan 6: Nothing to do, but did it well
Burn 6: Fortunate Traore didn’t start the game
Dunk 7: Superbly marshalled the defence, another yellow card means one bad tackle away from a two match ban
Webster 6: Couple of errors first half, much better in second and always comfortable on the ball
Montoya 7: Gave an outlet on the right all match.
Bissouma 8: Finally did for 90 minutes what he’s done in patches for nearly two seasons. Can’t shoot for toffee though
Mooy 5: Tidy but not imposing
March 5: Frustrating, at times took his man on but too often preferred an easier option. Missed our best chance...again.
Pröpper 6: Laconic but screened back four well.
Trossard 5: Some good moments but not enough of them
Maupay 6: Ran all match and some top shithousery as always but feeding on scraps

Subs
MacAllister 6: Wanted the ball all the time
Ali J: 6: Took us up a gear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here