Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Watford (h)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Everyone loves a whipping boy, don't they?

At least it's got the idiots off Maupay's back for Now!

I for one haven’t read anything about him apart from posts on here. What he does away from the football club is his concern. If he does something the club doesn’t like it’s for them to deal with, which they have. However we are able critique his on field efforts. For me he just doesn’t cause anywhere near the same problems for the defence that Maupay does. He needs to improve or be shipped out.

4/10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gross - 8 two gross turns I think. Assist. Looked handy on the right but slow

Slow, yet repeatedly gets into positions on the wing where he’s Cruyff turning one or two players and putting a pinpoint cross/assist in. For his slowness he does very well. One could argue that his slowness draws one or two players over to him and out of the box; a benefit of his lack of speed?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I thought Mac Allister was excellent today (I seem to be in a minority). His work rate and link up play kept the Watford defence under pressure. He’ll be an important player for us this season and a good bet for at least 5 or 6 invaluable goals.

I bounced his thread yesterday, excellent I thought, not sure what some people are watching, but then that's football I guess. :):albion2:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sanchez 7 Clean sheet but down one for poor distribution
Webster 8 All worried about there attacking play but didnt get a look in
Duffy 8 As above
Dunk 8 As above
Gross 6 Not a wide player
March 8 Am usually critical of his poor attacking play but not needed today. Given a job today on Sarr and did it very well
Bissouma 8 Very good
Lalana 7 Did so much well
MCCallister 6 fair perhaps should have got in box more
Trossard 7 Still the player to make something happen
Maupay 8 Good game very hard to mark
Connolly 2 Sorry but he is rubbish and should be no where near first team. . Something wrong if 2 games in he is our no2 striker.

I think you got your 9 upside down, best crosser in the squad. 2 assists in 2 games . . . . Give your head a wobble.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you got your 9 upside down, best crosser in the squad. 2 assists in 2 games . . . . Give your head a wobble.

Gross - playing the best football of his 5 seasons with us imho. So comfortable in his own skin, brilliantly linking up with Webster/Trossard/Lallana. Watford couldn’t live with him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Gross - playing the best football of his 5 seasons with us imho. So comfortable in his own skin, brilliantly linking up with Webster/Trossard/Lallana. Watford couldn’t live with him.

Yes, he's playing really well. And I suspect he considers himself not in his best position, especially when having to track back at lightning quick wingers

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, he's playing really well. And I suspect he considers himself not in his best position, especially when having to track back at lightning quick wingers

I didn’t see it like that yesterday.

Lallana and Trossard aided Webster in the main, whenever Watford tried to overload our right. I had a great view of it first half from NS block D.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Maybe a little harsh. However received ball many times when a natural WB would take full back on and take us forward.. So need Lampty or at least Veltman

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez 6 -- Nothing to do really?
Webster 8 -- As good as he was bad at Burnley, looked fitter.
Duffy 8 -- My admiration for his ability to bounce back is massive. Great header and good allround.
Dunk 8 -- Comfortable
Gross 7 -- Quality as per really
Bissouma 8.5 -- Ran the game
Lallana 7.5 -- Lovely display of passing, showed his quality.
March 7 -- Solid and kept Sarr quiet.
Mac Allister 7 -- Decent if not decisive.
Trossard 7 -- Mixed bag but mostly good.
Maupay 8 -- Great half shame about the injury.

Connolly 6 -- Worked hard and good movement but missed a decent chance.
Mwepu 7 -- Think he will be a good player when he gets up to speed.
Moder 7 - Athletic and knocking on the door for a start.

Potter 7.5 - Got most things right, better balance than last week and we won at a canter in the end.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe a little harsh. However received ball many times when a natural WB would take full back on and take us forward.. So need Lampty or at least Veltman

Maybe :blush::whistle: We know he's not a speedy wing back and incomparable to Lamptey. But a fine cultured player deserving of more than a 6 for his contribution.

As an aside, it's interesting that certain players get high/low marks on good/bad weeks ( Trossard and Maupay being good examples ) but conistent players get average marks at best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He rarely has to do this due to the way the team is set up, though. Yesterday was a good example where others cover before Webster. In fact it worked so well that Webster was also available as an attacking outlet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He rarely has to do this due to the way the team is set up, though. Yesterday was a good example where others cover before Webster. In fact it worked so well that Webster was also available as an attacking outlet.

Did it a lot in the first half in front of me, it was just that he was outpaced. He was definitely trying to track though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Though we've played two obvious relegation strugglers.

You'd imagine the better players from top half teams would give us a greater risk of being exposed.

I'm delighted with Pascal's form, though I think he'll revert back to the centre when Veltman and or Lamptey are fit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You'd imagine the better players from top half teams would give us a greater risk of being exposed.

I'm delighted with Pascal's form, though I think he'll revert back to the centre when Veltman and or Lamptey are fit

I don’t think anyone sees RWB as his regular position….which ties in with my comment about him having players cover.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

They may be potential strugglers but they're precisely the teams we struggled against last season.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I bounced his thread yesterday, excellent I thought, not sure what some people are watching, but then that's football I guess. :):albion2:

Completely agree.

Looked really at home and not phased by the English premier league at all.

Still plenty of potential in the guy. Gonna be a really great asset going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here