Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Watford (h)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan 4 Distribution is always a worry, he dithers constantly
Schelloto 5 At least he attempted to get into the box first half.
Dunk 6 OK
Duffy 4 Very rusty
Burn 4 As above
March 6 first half 4 second
Propper 4 Too slow in moving the ball and pathetic when called upon in defence
Mooy 4 Very poor today
Gross 3 Awful
Trossard 3 Awful
Murray 6

Maupay 6
Alzate 8 Showed more in the 5 minutes in the middle than the rest put together. Then the Tinkerman moved him
Ali j 6

Tinkerman 2. Please stop wholesale changes before and during games, how about getting it right from the start and then keeping that going forwards. Play players in their best positions and don't then drop them when they do well. The swapping and changing actually ends up with players becoming confused and those in form losing it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dunk 6 OK
Duffy 4 Very rusty
Burn 4 As above
Mooy 4 Very poor today
Gross 3 Awful
Trossard 3 Awful
Murray 6

Maupay 6
Alzate 8 Showed more in the 5 minutes in the middle than the rest put together. Then the Tinkerman moved him
Ali j 6

Tinkerman 2. Please stop wholesale changes before and during games, how about getting it right from the start and then keeping that going forwards. Play players in their best positions and don't then drop them when they do well. The swapping and changing actually ends up with players becoming confused and those in form losing it.

Honest about NSC favourite Propper, that won’t be popular.

Who would you play in CM protecting the CB’s?

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
This game reinforced some long held beliefs of mine. I am sure most are controversial.

1) Gross, Murray and Stephens should never start. ( Gross should not even be in the 18)
2) Alzate, Maupay and Jahanbakhsh should start. Alzate in Stephen’s spot.
3) Potter should stop changing formation and starting 11 so much. Looks silly...
4) If we are playing the same player as right wing and left back, (Solly March) then we should not expect much cohesiveness in the team. Players to your right and left and behind and front of you are constantly changing and so no chemistry or understanding is developed.
5) and my most controversial belief is that Duffy and Webster are about the same. One is slightly a better defender, the other one better with the ball at his feet.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Honest about NSC favourite Propper, that won’t be popular.

Who would you play in CM protecting the CB’s?

I thought Propper was the best of a very poor bunch.

However we missed...........

Stephens.

Gross sat deeper and looked uncomfortable. Mooy was just dreadful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought Propper was the best of a very poor bunch.

However we missed...........

Stephens.

Gross sat deeper and looked uncomfortable. Mooy was just dreadful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, the game passed Gross by completely, Mooy at least tried and put in a shift, but he seems tense, trying too hard a the moment.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan - 7
Schelotto - 6
Duffy - 5
Dunk - 6
Burn - 5
March - 7
Propper - 6 Improved massively once Alzate and Jahanbakhsh joined him.
Mooy - 3 Tried, but not at the races today.
Groß - 2 A shocker, a relief when GP took him off.
Trossard - 6
Murray - 6

Maupay - 5
Alzate - 7.5 Oozes quality, forward thinking, quick thinking, incredible ball retention under pressure.
Jahanbaksh - 7.5 Game changer, Watford fell apart partly due to him.

Always got called twice and recovered brilliantly. He is a great player and should start every game. Ali J looked class. Trossard was ok Gross was poor. The biggest issue I have is why Dunk is not doing more of the long ball passing. He is better than most. Also thought Propper put in a good shift he did get lucky on 3 occasions where he did suicide passes but got away with it.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
This game reinforced some long held beliefs of mine. I am sure most are controversial.
5) and my most controversial belief is that Duffy and Webster are about the same. One is slightly a better defender, the other one better with the ball at his feet.

Duffy is a better header, Webster is a better passer. The controversial call would be to drop them both for Dan Burn who can head and pass the ball.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yawn. Is it over??... oh thank god

Ryan - 6
Shell Toes - 5
Duffy - 5
Dunk - 6
Burn - 6
Mooy - 5
Propper - 6.5 MOTM
March - 6
Gross - 4
Trossard - 6
Murray - 6

Maupay - 6
Jahanbaksh - 6
Alzate - 6

A very good day for Stephens and Webster who’s stock has risen immeasurably after that dross

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ryan - 6
Schelotto - 4
Duffy - 4
Dunk - 5
Burn - 5
March - 5.5
Propper - 5
Mooy - 4
Groß - 3
Trossard - 5
Murray - 5

Maupay - 5
Alzate - 5
Jahanbaksh - 6

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Duffy is a better header, Webster is a better passer. The controversial call would be to drop them both for Dan Burn who can head and pass the ball.

Dan Burn really isn’t very good in the air. It’s bizarre given his height but he’s really not all that

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Dunk 6 OK
Duffy 4 Very rusty
Burn 4 As above
Mooy 4 Very poor today
Gross 3 Awful
Trossard 3 Awful
Murray 6

Maupay 6
Ali j 6

These

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always got called twice and recovered brilliantly. He is a great player and should start every game. Ali J looked class. Trossard was ok Gross was poor. The biggest issue I have is why Dunk is not doing more of the long ball passing. He is better than most. Also thought Propper put in a good shift he did get lucky on 3 occasions where he did suicide passes but got away with it.

Yes, Propper’s (not under pressure) suicide passes were noted from the NS. His trait when sitting deep. Far better when he let’s a DM take that space.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a wasted opportunity for Watford. Game was there for taking as we gave them so much space. Sat back defending lead and we never looked like scoring. Up to recently have admired a lot of our opponents. That ended a few games ago when all have looked very average. Trouble is we have been even worse.

Ryan 6 Nothing to do
Shelloto 4 Headless chicken. What is point of tearing upfield with ball and just hitting hopeful balls
Duffy 3 Worse game I have seen from him Embarrassing.
Dunk 5 Poor game. Good job didnt have to do much Centre backs had nothing to do in 2nd half
Burn 3 Dire Shows no composure on ball. Dont understand why Bernardo was left out
Propper 6 Tried to make things happen
Mooy 5 Average but at least makes effort to get near penalty area
March 4 Very poor.
Gross 3 contributed nothing
Murray 5 Did nothing and at his age unable to create space and lose defender
Trossard 5 Average Only defence is the way we are playing at moment very hard to play upfront in this team.

What a terrible game. Very easy to say they defended lead but we were so slow passing ball about across park by the time we tried to go forward they had the time to get everybody back. Didnt help when we did get in good wide positions out crossing was terrible. Surely chances of Shelloto,Burn or March finding someone would increase if they bothered to look up

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Same again. Every week there are at least 4 or five players that don’t perform. Not always the same ones. Yesterday it was Mooy Duffy Schelotto Trossard and Gross. How can we win games when at least half the team have poor games. Not altogether Potters fault if players can’t be consistent but why Alzate does not start in the centre of midfield I don’t know. He has pace which Gross and Mooy don’t have. Their goal showed exactly what we don’t do. Attack the defence from midfield and scare the shit out of the defence. Any positive play by Brighton always breaks down in our midfield who slow everything down to the pace that we have there which inevitably ends up with a backwards or sideways pass. We must be the easiest team talk for all opposition managers. I feel sorry for Davy Propper with decent players around him I think we would see a very good player. A decent midfield would take the pressure off the defence. Ok Duffy should have done better but it is not the first time they have been let down by midfield players. It seems deja vu to last year albeit we are playing much better football. Losing to all the teams around us, this year we cannot rely on other teams to keep us up..Potter can only send players out on the pitch then it is up to them. Most of them are not consistent enough to play week in week out so he has to tinker with the team and still does not know his best 11. That should not be happening at this stage of the season..

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan - 6 didn’t have anything to do. Noticeably kicked long much more than normal (I wonder why with Duffy in the team).
Schelotto - 6 a very average performance. Drove us forward when he could and was unlucky with a second half cross, but lacked quality.
Duffy 4 - just not a Potter CB. At fault for the goal, gave the ball away regularly, didn’t utilise any space to drive forward. Not a good day at the office yet again this season. And this is without mentioning the other two massive clangers he dropped.
Dunk 6 - a below par performance. Had a couple of old school Dunk errors in there today.
Burn 5 - I’m not entirely sure why he was recalled aside from his size. Looked a bit rusty and lacked incision going forward to break their low press.
Propper 7.5 - probably our best player. The only one that looked capable going forward at times and dictated much of the game whilst being very diligent defensively.
Gross 4 - not a good day at the office again. Slowed the play down far too much, lacked the mobility to get forward, anonymous defensively and even his usually reliable set piece delivery was lacking in the main.
Mooy 5 - a poor first half was balanced out by a much improved second half. Partially at fault for their goal (although a lot happened afterwards) and really should’ve scored in the second half. Seems more effective at the top point of a midfield 3.
March 7.5 - up there with Propper for my MOTM. He needs to play every week, ideally off of the right. The decision to move him to LB was questionable as he’d been by far and away our best forward to that point.
Trossard - 6 like Mooy, a poor first half where he seemed totally isolated which got balanced out by a much improved second half where he looked full of creativity. We need people nearer to him to play off of though.
Murray 5 - he battled hard, but showed his age yet again. He struggled to hold the ball for most of the game (although he did win numerous headers) and he lacked the mobility to play off of his fellow attackers. Seemed incredibly slow in anticipating the Greyhound’s second half cross.

Subs
Alzate 6 - looked good initially in CM, and then looked a bit lost at RB as he has everytime he’s played there. Surely he’s got to be pushing for Gross’ place.
Maupay 6 - some clever bits of link up but got pushed off the ball on numerous occasions far too easily. Didn’t look like scoring, yet again. It’s questionable whether he’s up to the Premier League but he’s currently the best forward we have considering Connolly’s recent injuries.
Ali J 7 - came on and looked lively whilst helping himself to an assist.

Potter 6 - like the team, he had a poor first half and an improved second, although he’ll surely be ruing the board’s decision not to sign a striker capable at this level. He’s over complicating it at times, but the second half showing where he had just two defenders on the pitch in what equates to a really offensive mindset was undermined by the lack of quality in his forward players. He must also be furious with Duffy who put in yet another really poor performance to cost us a goal at home and hand Watford the initiative for much of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here