Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Tottenham (h)

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Sanchez 8 Solid with hands and feet, excellent performance, I no longer have knots in my stomach when balls come into our box.
Veltman 7 Excellent again, not quite up to dizzy heights of his last 2 or 3 games, but at the price we paid he has to be the 2nd best signing we've made in the EPL years.
White 7.5 Also excellent, concentration levels better than the Fulham game.
Dunk 8 His absolute dominance at the back allows Webster and White to make those forays forwards. Back to his brilliant best.
Webster 8 Superb, no loose balls today that I can recall.
March 8 How he still has doubters on this board amazes me, he was superb yet again and a definite contender for Player of the Season.
Bissouma 7.5 How much did Spurs pay for N'Dombele? He couldn't get near Biss.
Gross 9 Wow. Best game I've seen Pascal play. He is the bargain buy of our EPL years bar none.
Trossard 8.5 Great performance, welcome to the party Tross, where have you been? Hopefully that goal will see his confidence boosted and he'll start to perform like that every week.
Mac Allister 9 MOM His class and vision shone through, what a performance, but his work rate in both defence and attack ... and transition ... was unreal. He's got better and better every game since he's had a run in the side, please take note Mr. Potter.
Maupay 7. 5 Yet another good performance full of running, harrying and generally getting in the faces of defenders, whilst also keeping possession superbly when the ball is knocked up to him. I don't get the constant knocking of him by some on here. Yes he could make better decisions sometimes, yes I wish he scored more, but he's the best centre forward we've got so support him, don't slate him.

Burn 7 Thought he did rather well while he was on.
Connolly6 Did OK, but can't ignore that miss.....
Lallana 7. Didn't see a great deal of the ball because he was only on the pitch a few minutes, but still managed to carve out that golden opportunity for Connolly. A class act, I wish he wasn't made of glass.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 8
Veltman 7
March 8
Webster 8
Dunk 8
White 7.5
Bissouma 8
Gross 9.5 MOTM
MacAllister 9
Trossard 8
Maupay 8

Lallana 7
Burn 7
Connolly 6

Agree with most ratings, but feel Maupay has been marked harshly and his contribution underrated. He worked his bollocks off defensively. Moreover, his movement and play outside the area, was the best I’ve seen from him for some time.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Not going to give individual scores, great team performance. I think in general maupay is being under scored, his link up play was the best ever today. I would score him 8.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bissouma 7.5 How much did Spurs pay for N'Dombele? He couldn't get near Biss.

“On 2 July 2019, Ndombele signed for Tottenham Hotspur in a deal worth €62 million (£55.45 million) plus up to €10 million (£8.97 million) in add-ons.”

Would you take N’Dombele + £20m off Spurs for Biss this summer?

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Sanchez 8
Veltman 8.5
White 8
Dunk 8
Webster 8
March 8
Bissouma 9
Gross 9
Trossard 9 my MotM
Mac Allister 9
Maupay 8

Burn 8
Connolly 7
Lallana 8

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Sanchez 7: Not too much to do but when called upon he made two important saves. Looked solid and assured again.

Webster 7: Defensively solid and one or two good surging runs.

Dunk 7: Solid again.

White 7: Solid. good on the ball.

Veltman 7: Such a solid, consistent performer. It's getting to the point that I'm not sure Lamptey is nailed on for an instant return.

Bissouma 8: A really solid, disciplined, unshowy performance. The kind of performance that allows us as a team to perform like we did.

Gross 8: Excellent again. Created a number of chances as well as the goal. I like how he'll move forward and play as a 10 while Ally Mac drops deeper and covers. Must make it difficult for the opposition to pick up.

March 7: Another good industrious performance. I don't remember much if anything coming down his flank.

Ally Mac 7.5: Excellent first half, faded slightly in the second. He's fast becoming a very important player for us. Such quality on the ball. Links up well with the Trossard and Maupay, comes deep and allows Gross to get forward so we basically play with three number 10's.

Maupay 7: Another hard working performance, held the ball up well, good link up play. Just lacking confidence in front of goal, when it comes back he's going to get a hatfull with the way we're currently playing.

Trossard 7.5: A goal. A goal! A goal to cap off another good performance. Lively, creative and linked up well again with Ally Mac, Maupay and Gross. Worked hard defensively too.

Subs:

Burn 7: Did what he had to.

Lallana 6: Not on long enough to get a higher score.

Connolly 6: Should have been a 7 but missed an absolute sitter that would have put a deserved gloss on the result.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez 8 -- Good save, did everything well.
Veltman 8 -- Going to be interesting when Lamptey is fit, solid professional and positioning is excellent.
White 8 -- Good performance, used the ball well.
Dunk 8 -- Not tested but a clean sheet is a clean sheet.
Webster 8 -- Broke forward well and was solid going the other way.
March 7.5 -- Quiet for him but effective shift especially defensively.
Bissouma 9 -- Dominated midfield.
Gross 9 -- Ran all over the pitch involved in everything just brilliant.
Trossard 8.5 -- first half took his chance sparkled, faded a little 2nd half but much much better after Fulham.
Mac Allister 9 -- Really developing into a good player at the heart of all our best moves.
Maupay 8 -- Really good but missed another gilt edged chance. Worked so hard though and caused them no end of problems.

Subs:
Burn 8 -- WTF playing keep ball by the corner flag in injury time? Lofl came on did what needed doing.
Connolly 6 -- Looked a little off the pace and needs to be stronger in possession. Oh and lift the ****ing thing!!!!
Lallana 8 -- Kept it. Exactly what he'll have been asked to do..

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Feeling for Connolly. Comes on with 10 minutes to go to play the lone striker against a thuggish Spurs defence. His job is to occupy them, win fouls and keep the ball in the top third. He generally did this.
The icing on the cake would have been what looked like a tap in after running 70m to get in the box, but in reality was a brilliant bit of defending. Was Connolly responsible for aldeweirwald’s bloody lip?
Would Maupay have done any better/different?
Connolly - 7
Thanks
Aaron’s dad

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Feeling for Connolly. Comes on with 10 minutes to go to play the lone striker against a thuggish Spurs defence. His job is to occupy them, win fouls and keep the ball in the top third. He generally did this.
The icing on the cake would have been what looked like a tap in after running 70m to get in the box, but in reality was a brilliant bit of defending. Was Connolly responsible for aldeweirwald’s bloody lip?
Would Maupay have done any better/different?
Connolly - 7
Thanks
Aaron’s dad

i know you make light of it at the end but to be fair he did put himself about... He has to score but I have seen lots of 'better' players miss and had that been Dunk (ala Fulham) we would be saying what a brilliant defender he is.

Think he thought it was an open goal don't over hit it....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez 7 -- Solid and a good save.
Veltman 7.5 -- Very good footballer and not sure what we will do if/ when Lamptey is fit again.
White 7.5 -- Seems to get better and better or maybe it's because we won?
Dunk 7.5 -- Great leader and very solid defensively.
Webster 8 -- Another good performance.
March 8 -- What a contribution! some great passing and very good defensively.
Bissouma 9 -- Always seems to have more time and rarely loses the ball.
Gross 8.5 -- One of his best games for us. Really great pass for the goal.
Trossard 8.5-- Really good performance took his goal well and link up play was really sharp.
Mac Allister 9 MOM -- Terrific passing and great tackles really becoming a must start player.
Maupay 8 -- Must be a nightmare to play against. Works so hard for the team. Just wish he scored more.

Subs:
Burn 7.5 -- Very reliable and does his job without any fuss.
Connolly 6-- Missed a glorious chance to make the game safe. Does give us another runner up front though.
Lallana 7 -- Good to see him back. But who on earth get's dropped to make way?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
i know you make light of it at the end but to be fair he did put himself about... He has to score but I have seen lots of 'better' players miss and had that been Dunk (ala Fulham) we would be saying what a brilliant defender he is.

Think he thought it was an open goal don't over hit it....

tbh after I'd finished screaming at the telly ( about 20 minutes) I just found it a very comical reinforcement of our luck this season.

In defence, we've had saves hitting defenders and going in. Goalies missing easy punches and bouncing off defenders and going in, huge deflections off the wall flying into the top corner.
Going forward, we've had countless open goals where we have somehow managed to conspire to **** it up, every part of the woodwork hit multiple times.
Top it off with an open goal, where all you have to do is make contact and score...
Connolly does everything right, lifts it enough to give the defender little to no chance of stopping it. just to see some big ****ing lump guess right and deflect it round the corner.
Ridiculous!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sanchez 8 -- reassuring
Veltman 7.5 -- always an outlet, solid
White 7.5 -- Mourinho now wants to pay a lot of money for him
Dunk 7.5 -- another defender with a score like this because they were so well organised they weren't really under threat
Webster 8 -- pushing the England squad, or ought to be
March 7.5 -- top, top season
Bissouma 9 -- stunning
Gross 9 JMotM -- like the duracell bunny, kept on going, brilliant assist, hit the post, caused havoc
Trossard 9 JMotM -- first half, he was dynamite
Mac Allister 9 -- technically superb, lots of good decisions
Maupay 7 -- lots of effort, a few things didn't pay off

Subs:
Burn 8 -- plenty to enjoy in there
Connolly 5 -- fluffed his lines
Lallana 7 -- good to see you again, experienced contribution

Boy, we deserved that. First half we were absolutely stunning. Second half, unruffled, and should have made it easier for ourselves by extending the lead.

Yep, yep and yep again :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
tbh after I'd finished screaming at the telly ( about 20 minutes) I just found it a very comical reinforcement of our luck this season.

In defence, we've had saves hitting defenders and going in. Goalies missing easy punches and bouncing off defenders and going in, huge deflections off the wall flying into the top corner.
Going forward, we've had countless open goals where we have somehow managed to conspire to **** it up, every part of the woodwork hit multiple times.
Top it off with an open goal, where all you have to do is make contact and score...
Connolly does everything right, lifts it enough to give the defender little to no chance of stopping it. just to see some big ****ing lump guess right and deflect it round the corner.
Ridiculous!

That has indeed been the story of most of this season, but you forgot to mention the “bounce of the ball” which seems to have gone against us most games during play, it didn’t yesterday for the first time for as long as I remember.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wonderful all round team performance where no one deserved less than 7/10. Great to see Gross and Trossard play with the confidence of when we first signed them. I thought McAllister might be a useful squad player / sub - but now seems to be a definite starter ( but in a central position).

This

And Graham Potter 11/10 for sticking at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here