Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Vs. Swindon

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was for me still I expect Virgs will play on Tuesday so hoof ball anyone :down::wozza:

I'm not so sure (That virgs will start) Mind you GP could "Rest" some players!

GP rates El Abd

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
By the way, even if we ignore the match-costing goal, did you not notice El Abd's two horrific mistakes in the second half that let Swindon through on goal, or the totally free header they had from a corner?

To be honest, I only noticed one. Mind you I sit in the North Stand by the (Family stand) goal line. Not saying your wrong. I may have been swayed more by the first half but overall I still think he played well.

We lost more becuse of our failure to score. I swore loudly when Bennett missed his sitter in the second half (and I don't think that's allowed in the North Stand)

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
I actually thought we played well today, but were badly let down by the central defenders. No surprise there, they are the clear weak link in what is becoming a competent team. Swindon are a top 6 side and in every department we were as good, if not better than them, apart from the two donkeys at the back. The way we're now looking just as good as EVERY other team in this league leaves me with no worries about going down.

Couldn't agree more with the above. :thumbsup:

As for the players, today's scores are;

Brezovan 6

Calderon 7
Elphick 4
El Abd 3
Painter 5

Bennett 6
Crofts 65
Dicker 7
Navarro 4
Lua Lua 7

Murray 5

Holroyd 3 - Why?
Forster 5 - Only because of the time on the pitch

WE NEED GOALS!

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Got to agree with C Badger regarding El-Abd and Elf-Dick. Despite a reasonable first half, by their standards, their playing ability took me and the team, back about three months in the second half.

Elf-Dick struts about like a fvcking Peacock shouting instructions to El-Abd which only confuses the poor lad and makes his indecision even worse.

He may be a competant header of the ball but he does not tackle when it counts, does not track his man and leaves us open in the centre.

El-Abd is the same except worse.

TAXI!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I get the feeling that Lua Lua could beat 20 players (the whole opposition outfield twice) drive a rasping shot from 35 yards into the top right corner and then do it again in the second half and Bensgrandad will still only give him an average rating!!!!

I thought that both Bennett and Lua lua were poor today as their end product was non existant. Lua Lua went past players and then gave a poor ball in which is, I suppose, better than Bennett who couldnt even manage that even from dead balls.

Today they were both luxuries that we could ill afford and Forster should have come on at half time for one of them and then leave the other one to run at the defence.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Elphick was at fault for their goal because he gave the ball away on the byline so 4.
Bennett - how vcan so many people give him 5 ? 4 gave the ball away, set pieces awful.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You say they played well today, but if we had a proper defence we'd have got a valuable point today - NO doubt about that.

I'm not saying the defence were flawless, but, if the striker(s) had done their job correctly then we may have got three points. That's where our current problem lies. The inability to kill teams off has, and, is costing us dearly.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
El abd - oh dear back to looking very poor sadly
Bennett - some good balls into box but shooting was dire and can no longer beat his man.
Calderon - outstanding.
Lua Lua - best game so far.
Everyone else - good first half and AWOL second half.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Probably a bit late, but never mind.

First game I've seen this season, in the flesh, and I was quite impressed by the first minute attack we had :eek: , and most of the overall style of play. Much better than the last match I saw at Withdean. I think we have enough to stay up comfortably this season, and hopefully be able to build on for a promotion push next season :thumbsup:

Brezovan 6 - Two good saves, and impressed with his kicking.

Calderon 7 - Superb when on the right, didn't look so comfortable when switched to the left.
Elphick 7 - Composed early on, then seemed to lose the plot when we were chasing the draw at the end.
El Abd 5 - Improved over last season, but a couple of errors that could have put us 2-0 down :facepalm:
Painter 6 - Went about his business with no fuss, unlucky to be the player to give way on the substitution, did nothing wrong, just a tactical switch.

Bennett 6 - Like his work ethic, and defintely has talent, just needs nuturing. Some good freekicks. Again, seemed to struggle to provide the ammo just at the crucial time when we needed it.
Crofts 7 - Good link-up play, a few stray passes.
Dicker 7 - As above.
Navarro 3 - Who's he, did he play today????
Lua Lua 8 (MOM) - Hopefully we can sign this guy for next season :thumbsup: Can't half run at players with speed and beat them then! Good crosses, good effort on the long range shot.

Murray 6 - Unlucky not to score, ran about a lot more than I've seen him in the past, and didn't get caught offside once :ohmy: lol Defintely needs someone to try and feed off him more. Again, no protection from the referee on several pushes in the back by the Swindon defenders.

Holroyd 4 - Looked out of his depth, and I think when he, Murray & Forster were all on together, they all tried to play as the centre-forward, and it got a bit confusing.
Forster 5 - Short time to make an impact, should have had the last 20 minutes.

Manager - Gus Poyet - 6 -
4 - 5 - 1 is not a formation I like to see a home team play! Yes, it's been getting the results away from home, but as the home team I would always like us to come out with an attacking formation. 3 - 3 - 4 in the Brentford match please Gus. Made the substitutions too late, could have been 5 minutes earlier.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
So many games are decided around the 60th minute. Just around then we lost the initiative and Swindon started to get control. The defence is more solid with Virgo instead of ElAbd. In the first half not enough players got into the box, particularly when LuaLua was roasting their back. Didn't think the substitutions worked and Bennett had a poor game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
mona;3399953. Didn't think the substitutions worked .[/QUOTE said:
Sadly that appears the case most weeks and Gus has got to learn very quickly. He makes bold moves taking off a defender to bring on an attacker but rarely does it work. I am sure somebody will point out an isolated occassion when it has.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brezovan 6 - one good save, little chance with the goal. Did ok.

Calderon 7 - really enjoy watching this man play football.
Elphick 5 - didn't actually have a bad game but critical errors.
El Abd 5 - some errors, little positivity.
Painter 6 - solid, positionally great.

Bennett 6 - set pieces starting to get there but cannot go past a man.
Crofts 5 - the reason we lost IMHO. For whatever reason just did not gun into the box to support Glenn.
Dicker 7 - looked creative and ttidy but covering other people's arses today.
Navarro 5 - errors aplenty - an off day. But does break up play well.
Lua Lua 7 - was impressed with most of his crossing. People buy tickets to watch players like this.

Murray 5 - no change from Swindon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Couldn't agree more with the above. :thumbsup:

As for the players, today's scores are;

Brezovan 6

Calderon 7
Elphick 4
El Abd 3
Painter 5

Bennett 6
Crofts 65
Dicker 7
Navarro 4
Lua Lua 7

Murray 5

Holroyd 3 - Why?
Forster 5 - Only because of the time on the pitch

WE NEED GOALS!

crofts 65

I know he was ok, but he wasn't that good

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
crofts 65

I know he was ok, but he wasn't that good

Obviously it is a type-o but it gives all the nit-pickers a chance to outdo themselves. :tantrum:

So, to avoid any further embarrassment to me and confusion to the cerebrally challenged, let's give Crofty a "6" for his performance on Saturday.

There, are we all happy now? :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here