Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs QPR (H)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'll add these from the other thread:

Acker79, might be helpful if you start a "player ratings - post them here" thread every match day before the game so we have some place to submit our ratings without having the problem of duplicate threads ... could maybe even make it a Sticky so it's easily locatable?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Odd one, we were very poor, solid but poor and looked a like a matter of time before they scored the goal as we clearly weren't. We looked really poor going forward as Lingaard struggled to get involved in a meaningful way and our midfield three were solid but had no creativity.

Kuszczak 9
Bruno 6.5
Ward 7
Upson 8
Dunk 7
JFC 7
Andrews 6.5
Ince 7.5
Buckley 7.5
Lingaard 6
Ulloa 6.5

KLL 6.5
Stephens N/A

Isn't that Lingaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We weren't as good as we were against Wigan, but still a solid compact performance, against a team, squad, and a manager with tax arrangements that are squillions better than ours. Really enjoyed last night.

Top Kat 8 -- that save in the second half when he tipped it round the West Side post was awesome, and wasn't his only good one. His distribution isn't getting any better though, although thankfully for the first time in a while it didn't get any worse.
Bruno 7 -- for comments, see Bruno thread
Ward 8 -- top man
Dunk 8 -- quick, classy, in control -- I'd keep him in for Saturday, but don't think Oscar will
Upson 8 -- he's just running away with Player of the Season
Andrews 5.5 -- did alright but his star is definitely waning, two shocking passes in the first half
Ince 8.5 -- up against Jenas, Barton and Morrison and came out on top, and still managed to get across and quell the threat posed by Hoilett and that other winger
JFC 7.5 -- glad to see he's getting recognised, as he always puts in a serious shift and leads the pressing pack, tidy in possession, used his body well to shield the ball
Buckley 8 -- probably his best game of the season, if he continues like that for the rest of the season, things are looking up
Ulloa 6 -- good finish, took a battering, didn't get any support from the ref, didn't do that much, but he does score a goal a game
Lingard 6.5 -- he's a really astute loan signing, and really does enhance the team, things didn't quite work out for him last night, but a good game nevertheless

KLL 6.5 -- held on to the ball well, hit a good corner, but I wish he'd just bomb on at times, rather than waiting for his defender to catch up with him
Stephens 7 -- was really effective for those few minutes, I have high hopes for him

Crowd: first 75 minutes 6; last 15 9.5, although surprised to not hear 'Who's that man...'

Oscar 8.5 -- compact, hard to break down set-up, and then judged the right moment to make a positive substitution

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Kuszczak - 7
Bruno - 7
Ward - 7
Upson 8
Dunk 8
Forster-Caskey - 7
Andrews - 6
Ince - 8
Buckley - 7
Lingaard - 6
Ulloa - 6

Lua Lua - 6
Stephens - N/A

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Kuszczak - 7.5
Bruno - 8
Ward - 8.5
Upson 8
Dunk 8
Forster-Caskey - 7
Andrews - 6
Ince - 9
Buckley - 7
Lingaard - 6
Ulloa - 6

Lua Lua - 7
Stephens - N/A

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How do you rate Bruno?! I always have to split his defensive and attacking work. Defense 5, Attack 10 - so 7.5, I suppose.

Kusz - 8 - did nothing wrong, some good saves and came far to claim very well from a couple of corners/crosses.

Bruno - 7.5 - Insanely mixed bag, but overall well worth having him in the side. I also feel that because he's poor defensively, everyone's now built up Calde in their minds as some kind of defensive ROCK, which simply isn't true - Calde gets skinned plenty by quick wingers, but is at least more reliable positionally.
Dunk - 7.5 - Good game, solid.
Upson - 7.5
Ward - 7.5

Ince - 8 - Really happy with him. Grew in stature towards the end of the game which was important.
Andrews - 7 - A real mixed bag. Similar to Hammond/Dicker in that he can be very ponderous in possession and isn't the guy you want on the edge of the box for a shot.
JFC - 7.5 - An improvement on recent performances, lovely turn at the end, slightly tame shot unfortunately.

Lingard - 6 - Never got going, slightly cowed by the fact the ref was giving him absolutely NOTHING. Not his day, still a great option to have though and his pace helped at points.
Ulloa - 7.5 - In the position for the goal and some good link up play. Still PLENTY more to come from him though.
Buckley - 7 - Pretty good, no insane moments which was nice to see.

Kaz - 7.5 - One of the best subs in the league to have, always keeps our play positive and puts pressure back on the other side.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Kuszczak 9
Bruno 7
Ward 9
Upson 9
Dunk 8
JFC 7
Andrews 8
Ince 8
Buckley 7
Lingaard 7.5
Ulloa 8

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kusch - 8
Ward - 7
Upson - 7
Dunk - 7
Buckley - 8 (my MOM)
JFC - 8 (best game I've seen from him)
Ince - 7 (got better as the game went on)
Andrews - 6
Lingard - 6 (still not in same wavelength as Ulloa but very lively and will be interesting if/when the 2 of them click)
Ulloa - 7 ( nice hold up play with no ref. protection, got into right place at right time for Bruno's cross)
KLL - 8 (always changes the game when brought on)
Stephens n/a

Bruno?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak 8
Bruno 7
Upson 7
Dunk 7
Ward 7
Ince 7
Andrews 6
Forster-Caskey 6
Lingard 6
Buckley 7
Ulloa 7

LuaLua 7

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kooshack 8
Bruno 7.5
Upson 7
Dunk 7.5
Ward 7
Ince 6
Andrews 6
Forster-Caskey 6
Lingard 6.5
Buckley 7
Ulloa 5 - Except the goal (which he couldnt really miss), he didnt do anything.

Subs
LuaLua 6.5
Stephens N/A

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Koosh 7 (needs to have more confidence to play it short)
Bruno 7
Dunk 8
Upson 7
Ward 7
Ince 8
JFC 6
Andrews 5
Lingard 6
Buckley 7
Ulloa 7

Subs
LuaLua 8

Stumpy Tim

PIG - 8.5. Made 2 excellent stops, though the rest you would expect him to make. It's rare for him to get beaten from outside the area
Bruno - 6.5. Awful defensively, outstanding attacking
upson - 9. MOM. Outstanding
dunk - 8.5 Excellent... almost faultless
ward - 7.5 Solid back & forward. Unlike Bruno!
Andrews - 6.5. Poor on the ball, but made some important challenges from some long range shots
Ince - 8. Pick of our midfielders, though distribution not quite there yet
JFC - 7.5. Playing well at the moment. Very good from him
buckley - 7. Up against a very good left-back. Had more joy when he switched wings
Lingaard - 7. Gets into some great positions... really like that part of his game. Quality on the ball not quite there yet, but it'll come
Ulloa - 7. People a bit harsh on him today. Thought he did well when he was very isolated at time.

Stephens - NA
KLL - 7.5 Made them think about a new challenge, and never really got to grips with him

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak- 9 my MOM
Bruno- 6 fantastic going forward but at times backed off his player there comes a point you need to stand your ground
Upson-8 Did not put a foot or head wrong
Dunk- 7.5 very good game learning from Mr Upson
Ward-8 Another fine performance
Ince- 8 At times looks like Bambi on ice but some how comes away with the ball he is going to be a very good player
Andrews-6 works very hard just wish he would take a shot when he has the chance
Buckley- 7 At last starting to look like the player we all know he can be now please stay fit
Lingard-6 works hard main attribute from what I can see is his speed but he is a little bit light weight at times
JFC-6 fine player but I feel Stevens is a better option when fit
Ulloa-7.5 does what it says in the song scores a goal a game, he is getting fitter worked hard with no protection from the referee

Subs: LuaLua-7.5- never seems to be able to do what he did when he starts a game but as a substitute he is devastating made a huge impact
Stephens-6 Played a little cameo role glad he appears over his foot injury as I think he has a big part to play as the season draws towards the end

Management team- 7.5 did what was required to beat a very good team and the 2-0 score flattered us a bit but hey ho can we play you every week can we play you every week

Protection from the ref?? He may score a goal a game but he is a great big pansey! Needs to man up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
PIG - 8.5. Made 2 excellent stops, though the rest you would expect him to make. It's rare for him to get beaten from outside the area
Bruno - 6.5. Awful defensively, outstanding attacking
upson - 9. MOM. Outstanding
dunk - 8.5 Excellent... almost faultless
ward - 7.5 Solid back & forward. Unlike Bruno!
Andrews - 6.5. Poor on the ball, but made some important challenges from some long range shots
Ince - 8. Pick of our midfielders, though distribution not quite there yet
JFC - 7.5. Playing well at the moment. Very good from him
buckley - 7. Up against a very good left-back. Had more joy when he switched wings
Lingaard - 7. Gets into some great positions... really like that part of his game. Quality on the ball not quite there yet, but it'll come
Ulloa - 7. People a bit harsh on him today. Thought he did well when he was very isolated at time.

Stephens - NA
KLL - 7.5 Made them think about a new challenge, and never really got to grips with him

Excellent work Timothy - you've saved me lots of typing.

Acker, please mark me down for all of the above scores, EXCEPT the following:
Dunk 8, Andrews 6, Lingard 6.5, Ulloa 6

Thank you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last edited:

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Kooshack - 8 - My MoM....only a couple of sloppy bits of distribution this week :) but won us the game with some tricky saves and 100% concentration throughout
Bruno - 7.5 - which is derived from 4 (awful defensive play) + 9 (brilliant attacking play)/ 2 + 1 for the assist for the 1st goal
Upson - 7.5 - Usual dependable self. Looking favourite for player of the season on current form IMO
Dunk 7 - Filling GG's shoes with ease. Deserves to keep his place. Good understanding with Upson
Ward 7 - Gave everything and his celebration for the goal showed how much it meant to him
Ince 6.5 - Solid but seems to rush his decisions on the ball occasionally. Needs to realise how big and strong he is and how he can really dominate a midfield
Andrews 6 - 10/10 for effort but a few passes went astray and was overrun in midfield on occasions through no real fault of his
Forster-Caskey - 7 - I thought he had a very good game against a very physically strong QPR. Always wanted the ball
Lingard 7 - Again doesn't shirk. Question marks over his lack of pace and ability to beat a player. Is he a little lightweight against some of our Championship bruisers?
Buckley 7 - Some nice touches but I fear we will hear the familiar 'twang' of a torn something or other soon when he over-stretches once too often.
Ulloa 6 - I'll be honest. I was strongly suggesting he should be subbed about 30 seconds before his goal as his body language was awful. All part of his plan obviously!

Sub
LuaLua - 7 - Did very little apart from the assist for the 2nd goal. However just his introduction seemed to raise the level of the team performance & crowd 10%

Oscar - 7 - The players really did do him proud. Player for player we weren't a match in ability or in physical stature (bar one or 2 exceptions). However we battled hard throughout and on this occasion I can forgive the lack of shots on target as his tactics tonight were probably the only way we would have won the game.
I'd have brought Kaz on at 60 mins if i was being picky.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kuszczak 7
Bruno 8
Dunk 8
Upson 8
Ward 8
Ince 7
Forster-Caskey 6