Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Vs Palace

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'd give Ulloa 6 but agree with the rest. Thought Greer had a great game.

Yep, thought Greer had a corker tonight. Only reason I marked Ulloa down a point was that he gave ball
away twice in a key area that lead to a dangerous Scum attack

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Kuszczak - 7

Calderon - 6.5
Greer - 7
Upson - 7
Bridge - 8

Bridcutt - 9
Lopez - 7
Hammond - 7.5

Buckley - 7
Orlandi - 6
Ulloa - 7

Lua Lua - 6
Barnes - 6

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody played badly. Hammond and Ulloa will rue those missed chances and Calde gave away a stupid booking that gave them a way back into the match. Bridcutt immense, Bridge classy, Spanish busy, Buckley a brilliant 45 mins.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Greer was a hero for us tonight, an 8 - easily. That challenge when it was three on three was pure Braveheart. He was a ROCK.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kusczack - 7 - very sound
Calde 6 - fantastic until the booking, then scared to tackle
Greer 7 - very solid and good distribution
Upson 7 - strong
Bridge 8 - absolute premiership class
Bridcutt 9 - colossus
Hammond 7 - very good,marked down for finishing
Orlandi 6 - nice touches at times
David 6 - decent enough, got stuck in too
Buckley 6 - quiet after good first 15 mins
Ulloa 6 - not at his best but worked hard

Subs

Barnes 6
Lua Lua 6

Very good result in the end. Murray injury was a big boost for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuczszak - 7
Calderon - 6
Bridge - 8 - Once again, Zaha in his pocket.
Greer - 8
Upson - 8
Bridcutt - 8
Hammond - 6
Lopez - 6
Orlandi - 6
Buckley - 6
Ulloa - 6

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuszczack 7. Did what he had to do efficiently.
Calderon 7. Silly yellow, but did well against Zaha and managed to also contribute to the attack.
Greer 7. Some really good defensive work. Solid.
Upson 7. Class.
Bridge 8. Gave the ball away once in a dangerous position, but generally up to his usual very high standards. Great attacking threat particularly in the 1st half.
Bridcutt 9. Brilliant. Just brilliant.
Hammond 7. Shame he couldn't put the chances away, but great to get into those positions. Deserved a goal.
David 7.
Orlandi 7.
Buckley 6. Just didn't happen for him.
Ulloa 7. Some great hold-up play, but didn't get the rub of the green.

Subs:
Lua Lua 5. One of those days when nothing went right.
Barnes - not on long enough.

Crowd 9. Thought we were great, but the abuse of Murray when he was injured was sickening.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
GK Kuszcak - 7
RB Calderon - 6
LB Bridge - 8
CB Greer - 8
CB Upson - 8
CM Hammond - 8
CM Bridcutt - 9
CM Lopez - 7
RM Buckley - 7
LM Orlandi - 6
Str Ulloa - 6

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't like giving ratings for TV games, because I'm usually also on the Internet at the same time, and the camera tends to follow the ball so you miss the runs and options other players make that for me is important in rating their performance.

Having said that

Hammond was our best attacking player. Constant threat getting everywhere. If only he was able to finish last night.
Bridge easily handled Zaha.
Calderon struggled with Zaha, and I don't think it was all down to the yellow (bridge would stand off Zaha, let him collect the ball and turn. Hen close him down, whereas caldy got too tit to Zaha who was able to flick past him into space or turn him)
KLL was frustrating. He seemed hesitant on the ball, and at least three or four times it dropped not too far from him, but he just stood there and stared at a ball he could easily collect as if the whistle has gone and play has stopped.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak - 7

Calderon - 7
Greer - 8
Upson - 8
Bridge - 8

Bridcutt - 9
Lopez - 8
Hammond - 7

Buckley - 7
Orlandi - 7
Ulloa - 7

Lua Lua - 6
Barnes - 6

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Spot on Wesley

GK Kuszcak - 7
RB Calderon - 6
LB Bridge - 8
CB Greer - 8
CB Upson - 8
CM Hammond - 8
CM Bridcutt - 9
CM Lopez - 7
RM Buckley - 7
LM Orlandi - 6
Str Ulloa - 6

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak 7
Greer 7
Calderon 6
Upson 8
Bridge 8
Hammond 7
Orlandi 7
David 7
Bridcutt 8
Buckley 7
Ulloa 6

LuaLua 6

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Kuszczak - 7
Calderon - 7
Greer - 8
Upson - 8
Bridge - 8
Bridcutt - 9 (MOM)
Hammond - 8
Lopez - 6
Buckley - 7
Ulloa - 6
Orlandi - 6

Thought that defensively we were very solid. Greer, Upson and Bridcutt in front of them were immense. That is now 5 goals conceded in 10 games with Greer and Upson together.

For the second leg, we need to get Lopez on the ball more. Thought he had a quiet game and Ulloa got limited service as a result. Buckley was very effective first half but didn't get a look in second half.

Overall, good team performance. If we can keep another clean sheet on Monday, then we will have a great chance of winning (maybe even by a couple of goals). The first goal is going to be key!

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Kuszczak - 7 Great save from the header in the second half. Silly booking.
Calderon - 6 Zaha running at him scared the life of me. A couple of sloppy moments but otherwise fine
Greer - 8 Been a different player since playing alongside Upson
Upson - 8 Colossus
Bridge - 8 Dealt with Zaha so well in the fist half, great going forward
Bridcutt - 8 Another dominating performance
Hammond - 6 Was everywhere but had to do better with the header and has seems to have got into a habit of letting the ball bounce one more time before dealing with it and it nearly got us into trouble a couple times
Lopez - 7 More assured game from SD, some great interceptions to start attacks and can't remember him giving the ball away
Buckley - 5 Poor game from Buckley for his standards, seemed to be trying too hard, culminating in inexplicably dribbling the ball out for a corner
Ulloa - 7 Held the ball up fantastically well but should have done better with the header
Orlandi - 6 Some good moments but tried the complicated thing a number of times which didn't work

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Liam Bridcutt will be playing in the Premier League next season - he's earned it. Hope he doesn't have to move clubs to do it. Andrea Orlandi needs to cut down on the Cantona-style flicks - too many went to the opposition. Having said that, our flair and some of our one and two touch stuff, particularly in the first half, made me very proud of the team. Has anyone said that there's all to play for yet ???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Player ratings (Albion):

Kuszczak 8 Got the balls, if not commanding, but no protection from the referee
Calderón 7 We knew that he was deficient against Premier class wingers
Upson 7 Dealt with the physical challenges
Greer 7 Not that much to do skill wise
Bridge 8 Superb, even better than usual
Bridcutt 8 Steady as normal even allowing for the tame opposition
Hammond 7 Box to box, but finishing was poor and shooting from long range was a waste
Orlandi 8 Very skilfull play, better than usual
Lopez 6 Unforunate disappointment, his job was to create and he didn't
Buckley 8 All the chances came through this route and only stoppable by fouls, service to him was below optimum
Ulloa 6 Missing chances, and getting offside

Total 82 slightly below average

LuaLua 6 Over eager and not on long enough

Barnes NR

Ref: Oliver 4 Awarded lots of fouls but did not give Kuszczak and Buckley protection for persistent fouling

BBC Sport - Crystal Palace 0-0 Brighton

Entertainment level: 6 Albion started brightly and then the game flattened to an even contest, struggling for half chances few and far between because of inadequate attacks rather than strong defences.

Good: Albion well balanced and dangerous both on left and right, at least potentially as the final ball went astray.

Individually it was not that bad, just a very average sort of performance. The left side was very good in midfield at times, mostly the first half an hour.

I expect one or two Albion changes for the home game to exploit the Palace weaknesses at full back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here