Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Norwich

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Player ratings v Norwich

Havent seen a thread posted but for those who cant get to games for whatever reason.

Stockdale 8 Did everything he had to and kept his concentration.
Bruno 8 Lets just say he was Bruno
Duffy 8 so good in the air.
Dunk 8 forming good partnership with Duffy so solid
Bong 9 Very good and worthy of MOM bar a hatrick
Knockaert 8 Generally subdued but some moments of magic
Stephens 8 So calm and influential
Sidwell 9 as per Bong
Skalak 8 Probably his best display overall
Baldock 8 Full of energy and firing on all cylinders so cant be ignored
Murray 10 did what he is paid for if only it had been in January. Who knows?

Subs

All did what they were expected to do.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Havent seen a thread posted but for those who cant get to games for whatever reason.

Stockdale 8 Did everything he had to and kept his concentration.
Bruno 8 Lets just say he was Bruno
Duffy 8 so good in the air.
Dunk 8 forming good partnership with Duffy so solid
Bong 9 Very good and worthy of MOM bar a hatrick
Knockaert 8 Generally subdued but some moments of magic
Stephens 8 So calm and influential
Sidwell 9 as per Bong
Skalak 8 Probably his best display overall
Baldock 8 Full of energy and firing on all cylinders so cant be ignored
Murray 10 did what he is paid for if only it had been in January. Who knows?

Subs

All did what they were expected to do.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...r-ratings-vs-Norwich&highlight=player+ratings

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stockdale - 7 One save to make all game
Bruno - 7 Quiet game really did what he had to do
Duffy -8 Very good performance again , growing in confidence .
Dunk - 8 Nice header for the goal but his defending was superb
Bong -8 I've never been quite sure on his ability , he proved over the last couple of weeks why i'm not a football manager .
Knockeart - 8 Terrier like performance capped off with a lovely taken goal , a pleasure to watch
Sidwell 9 - Very very good again , one tackle he made in the 2nd half was teetering on the edge of assult with a deadly boot , proving the critics wrong week after week .
Stephens -8 Picked up all the pieces in midfield , made the Norwich midfield chase shadows
Baldock - 7 Struggled a little to get into the game but his tireless running created space for Murray on numerous occasions .
Skalak -8 it is pretty obvious to all that Jiri is not going to skin defenders with his pace but bloody hell can the lad cross a ball .
Murray - 10 1st 10 i can remember giving , it was just a brilliant display of all round forward play

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I didn’t see that result coming! What a game! Great display by the Albion taking advantage of some awful defending by Norwich.

Stockdale 7. A couple of decent saves, but also some wayward kicking.
Bruno 7. Not his best game, but played his part in a great defensive clean sheet.
Duffy 8. Excellent. What a great acquisition.
Dunk 8. Well taken goal and a very good overall performance. About time our defenders pitched in with some goals.
Bong 9. Back to his very best. Great cross for the goal. WHICH GOAL WAS THAT? When he received the ball there was no dithering, he just motored forward and crossed the ball. Positive play which I’d like to see a bit more of on occasions.
Stephens 8. Good to have him back in the starting line-up. Accomplished.
Sidwell 9. Possibly his best performance for us. He was everywhere.
Skalak 8. Another player who gave possibly his best performance. Was it three assists?
Knockhaert 7. Not his best game, but a well taken goal. The mazy run followed by the cross/shot should instead have been passed to Murray who would have had a clear shot at goal.
Baldock 8. A good all-round game. Great partnership with Murray.
Murray 10. MoM. First time I’ve given a 10 rating, but three goals plus some great hold-up play and distribution and winning just about everything in the air is reason enough.

Subs:
Hemed 7. Did what was required of him.
Norwood 7 Ditto
Murphy N/A.

Disagree about the mazy run from Knockhaert. Perfectly entitled to take a shot in that position.

Wouldn't argue with the ratings though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I missed the previous thread but was surprised I didnt see one. Having said that came home from the game feeling like s..t so went to bed and still there on my tablet.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale 7 Solid but didn't have much to do.
Bruno 7 Not at his finest but solid, steady and still providing attacking runs to the death.
Duffy 9 Headed it, kicked it, tackled anything which had the temerity to come near him and he was spot on all game.
Dunk 9 They'd still be playing today without having scored. Formed a very strong partnership with Duffy, excellent balance.
Bong 7 Solid but untested, didn't really good forward too much or had to. Did everything well enough.
Knockaert 8 Killed them when they'd tired and we were ahead, the man is awesome.
Sidwell 8 Covered every blade of grass with renewed energy and vigour, he is on top form right now.
Stephens 8 Quietly bossed things in midfield, we surrendered some space knowing that Stephens and Sidwell had control.
Skalak 8 3 assists, constant menace and directly contributing to the team in every game.
Baldock 7 Ran around without doing much, has been playing well recently but not involved yesterday.
Murray 10 The difference between third and the top 2. Top, top class.

Subs
Hemed 6 It's no shame being a downgrade on Murray, but the difference is huge.

Murphy and Norwood not on long enough to mark.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know I'm biased but the Football League Paper ratings are a joke.

Stockdale 6
Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 6
Knockaert 8
Sidwell 6
Stephens 6
Skalak 8
Baldock 7
Murray 9

Hemed 6
Norwood 6
Murphy N/A

Norwich
McGovern 4
Martin 6
Bennett 5
Klose 6
Olsson 5
Tettey 6
Murphy 4
Dorrans 5
Hoolahan 6
Pritchard 5
Jerome 5

Oliveira 6
Brady 6
Naismith 6

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know I'm biased but the Football League Paper ratings are a joke.

Stockdale 6
Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 6
Knockaert 8
Sidwell 6
Stephens 6
Skalak 8
Baldock 7
Murray 9

Hemed 6
Norwood 6
Murphy N/A

Norwich
McGovern 4
Martin 6
Bennett 5
Klose 6
Olsson 5
Tettey 6
Murphy 4
Dorrans 5
Hoolahan 6
Pritchard 5
Jerome 5

Oliveira 6
Brady 6
Naismith 6

6 for Sidwell, Bong and Duffy, same as Tettey and Klose. What were they watching ??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
6 for Sidwell, Bong and Duffy, same as Tettey and Klose. What were they watching ??

Exactly my point, which is why I copied both team ratings. Was someone actually watching the game, or was it made up back at the office?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
personally did not think they were as bad as score made out. They made some fundamental slips that cost them and they had a few passengers but were competitive for a large part of the game. That said our players were generally all better , or made a telling contribution at right time. I can't see how anyone can rate Baldock with same or higher score than AK... Not as good as some of his games maybe but always there and a threat. Did Baldock have a shot?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
personally did not think they were as bad as score made out. They made some fundamental slips that cost them and they had a few passengers but were competitive for a large part of the game. That said our players were generally all better , or made a telling contribution at right time. I can't see how anyone can rate Baldock with same or higher score than AK... Not as good as some of his games maybe but always there and a threat. Did Baldock have a shot?

One decent effort in the first half after a sweeping move (Bong header, run then a cracking pass out to him by Murray).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Stockdale 7 Clean sheet but nothing to do
Bruno 7 Good game

Dunk 8 Very good
Duffy 8 Very good
Bong 8 Very good
Sidwell 8 Very good
Stevens 7 Good
Skalak 7 Two great assist but did very little apart
Murray 9 Nothing less for hatrick
Baldock 6 Contributed very little as provider and never looked like scoring
Knockhaert 7 poor game apart from his last 15mins
Fantastic to come back from very poor first half. All credit to defence during this period when we had very little of ball.

Re your marks and comments for Skalak and Baldock, I'm not sure I was at the same match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I didn’t see that result coming! What a game! Great display by the Albion taking advantage of some awful defending by Norwich.

Bruno 7. Not his best game, but played his part in a great defensive clean sheet.
Dunk 8. Well taken goal and a very good overall performance. About time our defenders pitched in with some goals.
Bong 9. Back to his very best. Great cross for the goal. When he received the ball there was no dithering, he just motored forward and crossed the ball. Positive play which I’d like to see a bit more of on occasions.
Skalak 8. Another player who gave possibly his best performance. Was it three assists?
Knockhaert 7. Not his best game, but a well taken goal. The mazy run followed by the cross/shot should instead have been passed to Murray who would have had a clear shot at goal.
Murray 10. MoM. First time I’ve given a 10 rating, but three goals plus some great hold-up play and distribution and winning just about everything in the air is reason enough.

Subs:
Norwood 7 Ditto
Murphy N/A.
Excellent ratings and I literally agree with all your analagys. Only difference is make on the scores is Stephens who I'd give a 9 to as well. I thought he was excellent yesterday & his ball winning ability was fantastic and meant we didn't miss Kayal so much.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale 8.
Bruno 8. No recklessness today
Duffy 9 Immense
Dunk 9 Immense
Bong 8.5
Knockaert 7. Very quiet first half and needed the genius run to get himself into the game
Sidwell 9 Brilliant
Stephens 8. So much better
Skalak 8
Murray 10
Baldock 7 Worked his socks off

Hemed 8. I know the game was all but over but he looked like the rest has done him good.

CH 10

Ref 10

Norwich looked a good side for 60 minutes up until the final third. Did they ever look like scoring?

Ditto

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Bong 9. Back to his very best. Great cross for the goal. When he received the ball there was no dithering, he just motored forward and crossed the ball. Positive play which I’d like to see a bit more of on occasions.

Subs:
Norwood 7 Ditto
Murphy N/A.

What goal did Bong cross the ball for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here