Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs MK Dons

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
My first game for six weeks as I've been working overseas.

Very poor display. A couple of bright patches, but overall far too many defensive errors. And MK Dons were not even particularly good.

And Cox should never ever again be allowed to take corners. Useless.

Sullivan 5. To blame for their first goal (at least from where I sat), but a couple of good saves.

Whing 4. Form has deserted him. Distribution mostly awful.

Elphick 5. To blame for their third goal. Also partly to blame for their fourth as he dashed upfield for the free kick leaving us very exposed at the back. Seems short of confidence.

Hawkins 6. OK, but not up to his early season standards.

Richards 7. Probably our best player today.

Cox 2. Rubbish.

ElAbd 6. At least he put some effort and passion into his game, Sensibly substituted as he was looking for a second yellow. Lucky not to be shown a red.

Johnson 5. Completely anonymous in the first half. Better in the second.

Thomson 5. Another typical Thomson game. Doesn't do enough to justify his place.

Forster 7. Did his best, but the support was not there.

Murray 6. Well taked free kick for the goal, but not much else.

Subs:
Thornton 7. Why didn't he stsrt?

Anysinah 6. Looks to have potential, but ...

Fleetwood 5. Well taken goal, but I'm not impressed.

Manager 2. Micky has definitely lost it. Why can he not play a settled team. His tactics today made no sense.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Nono I don't think Whing was that bad. He was fairly solid and put a flair cross in at the end:clap:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
First half I thought Whing had an awesome game. Unfortunately he didn't switch on in the second half and invited the MK Dons player to come into the box and shoot for their 2nd goal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sullivan 4 - At fault for the first goal and again when their bloke somehow contrived to hit the post.

Whing 5 - Up against the best player on the park, not totally awful but not great either.
Elphick 5 - Mistake for the 3rd was unfortunate, he was probably our best defender but the defence was woeful and they always looked like scoring so still got to be a low mark.
Hawkins 5 - Some comedy heading and kicking but defensively not awful (individually)
Richards - 6 Did ok

Thomson 0 - Not a right winger then. :dunce: St. Mirren you are welcome to him.
Johnson 6 - Didn't do a great deal other than score
El-Abd 5 - Probably our best midfielder first half! That says more about how bad we were. Ball retention was non existent.
Cox 4 - Play him on the right please. And get someone else on corners.

Forster 4 - worked hard to little effect, but could count the decent passes he had on one hand.
Murray 6 - The man most likely, do people still think he's lazy?

Thornton 6 - Wanted the ball but didn't really take them on as much as he usually does. Mystifying to leave him out.
Anyinsah 6 - The kind of situation he's made for, made a nuisance of himself.
Fleetwood 6 - Looked to get in behind, took his goal well enough, hilarious attempted lob.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
First half I thought Whing had an awesome game. Unfortunately he didn't switch on in the second half and invited the MK Dons player to come into the box and shoot for their 2nd goal.

Pretty sure it was Thomson, not Whing.

woody257

Jun 2, 2008
Brighton
The reason Elphick made those mistakes was because when your on a bad run of form, players who are normally reliable start to make mistakes. The team has just lost all confidence with this poor run.
Sullivan- Few good saves but at fault for first goal. 5
Whing- Started well but invited the winger to attack in the second half. 6
Elphick- At fault for two goals. Disappointing we know he's so much better than that. 5
Hawkins- Had ok game. Didn't do much wrong but didn't set the world alight either. 6
Richards- Did ok. 6

Thomson- Didn't seem to do alot. Didn't like him playing him tucked in the centre. Shouldve started with Anyinsah or Thornton. 5
El-Abd- One of the only players who had a bit of passion. Feel he needs a good run in the team when the loans have gone to get some form. 6
Johnson- Scored but didn't do much else. Looks a good player if we can sign him. 6
Cox- Frustrating display once again. Can't take corners. Tried hard but some of his crossing was poor. 5

Forster- Gave his all but didn't have a big influence. 5
Murray- Not sure whether he was fully fit. But IF he was fit. Why did Adams take him off? 5

Thornton- Tried to inject some energy but didn't seem his normal self. Should've started instead of Cox. 5
Anyinsah- Should've started instead of Thomson for me. 5
Fleetwood- Well taken goal. 6

I can't see where we are going to get our next result from. If we're out of the JPT it will be a miserable season. But how long can we give Adams before its too late? If we don't get a good run going very soon there will be a lot of pressure on Adams.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sullivan--3
Whing----4
Elphick---5
Hawkins--5
Richards--6
Thomson--4
El Abd----5
Cox-------3
Johnson---6
Murray----6
Forster----5

Subs.
Anyinsah---7
Thornton---6
Fleetwood--7

Ref 2

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Sullivan--6, yes made some mistakes but some good saves also, he will get better, kicks very well (too far sometimes)

Whing----5, backing off for MK goal 2 was embarrassing but other than he was not as bad as people are making out here

Elphick---4, you can not make basic errorts like he did especially from balls over the top, he needs some pressure on his place to start concentrating and stop thinking he is better than he actually is!

Hawkins--4, I am sorry but I have seen nothing in Hawkins that impresses me, he is error prone, terrible on the ball, DOES NOT WIN MANY CHALLENGED HEADERS as he cant get off the ground................what sickens me is that Lynch is a better centre half than hawkins

Richards--7. one of our best players tonight, yes he lacks pace but some of his defensive work was excellent and goal saving at time, well done, some one has to get some praise

Thomson--4, I hear he wants to go back to Scotland, I'll pay for his flight if he likes. For a supposed ball player he is never on the ball and just runs up and don the pitch not adding to much value, I risk sounding contradictatory by saying he was in the wrong position tonight but even in the middle he is ineffective

El Abd----6, for effort alone, at least he tried to get the ball and play, unfortunately Adam can not play in centre mid UNLESS he has a technically sound ball player with him who he can lay the ball off too. His distribution even over 5 - 10 yards is woeful and that we saw in the game

Cox-------4, a confidence player and at the moment looks like this is missing, why dont we play him on the right or at least swap him over every now and then to get defenders thinking

Johnson---5, vacant

Murray----6, was he fit? Feeding of scraps but tried to hold up the ball when he could

Forster----5, vacant

Subs.
Anyinsah---7, why does he not start
Thornton---6, why does he not start
Fleetwood--7, pleased that he scored, perhaps he should start for Fossie and have a game up front with muzza

Adams 3 - I am an Adams fans but something is very wrong at the moment
- Players do not look together and have no confidence
- How many of us can predict a starting line up these days? A good team has a core that generally plays week in week out, we have different players, different positions week in and week out, just not possible. Is Adams the new Claudio Ranieri tinker man?
- We must learn how to defend, I would love to see Lynch back to play with Elphick, I hope Hawkins can find a conference club to play for as that is the standard of his ability
- How can you justify 3 loan signings on the bench? If you rent a house do you leave it empty or just pop in from time to time..........no you bloody well use it and live in it...................so use them or loose them!!!

NOT GOOD BUT THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cox was not at the races at all for me, just seemed off the pace, and when he gave the ball away, didn't seem motivated to try and win in back. His contribution in taking the corners was poor, very poor, he failed to get any of them into dangerous areas.

Ayinsah impressed me, looked like he wanted the ball and was strong enough to get past players.

Sullivan's kicking was pretty good, but should have prevented their first.

I don't think we closed down enough in our own half, their second goal was a classic example of that, it was a decent strike but the tackle wasn't made.

We seemed to lack the final pass, we did have some decent possession, but it broke down all to often.

The ref was clueless, and the linos weren't much better. Just a normal league one match then

Our defence in general is not quick enough in my opinion, and the team didn't play as a cohesive unit as I saw it.

All in all a depressing Friday evening, but we have to believe that we can improve and get out of the mire.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
sullivan-3 lets in far to many goals; kicking poor tends to overkick
whing-6 was the best defender covered alot of ground for 1st hour with no-one to pass to in front of him
elphick-5 bad mistake for aleast 1 goal struggled at set pieces
hawkins-5 solid heading when ball comes straight at him again struggled with set pieces
richards-6 solid didnt get beaten as much in previous games good going forward
thomson-5 not his fault being played out on right, much better when he went in centre hope he stays
el-abd-6 gave us abit of bite in a strange looking midfield needs arun in team
johnson-4 good goal some good runs,but low mark for the way he gave up on running back for 4th goal
cox- 3 corners dreadful never beat his man once
murray-4 just poor not much service though, is he still injured or on his way
forster-4 one great turn and shot in box but no service
subs
anyinsah-6 looked lively when he came on should have started hope we can get him
thornton-5 should have started needs games
fleetwood-6 good goal will score if fed
ref-2 woeful;
adams-1 tactics all wrong again thomson wide right wtf dont trust his team selections anymore too many times we are caught out at home by poor sides, make no mistake mk arn,t that great just like all the rest we just make them look good by sitting off them its happening time and time again, we are at home for f*** sake,
fans- 6 its getting more and more restless down there at the end of last nites game adams was getting some horrific abuse

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sullivan - 3 - shaky, did he save anything? Not up to it.
Whing - 2 - dire, ruined by their winger
Elphick - 4 - did alright but made a HASH of the 3rd goal
Hawkins - 6 - couldn't fault him that much really despite us conceding 4
Richards - 6 - good going forward, a mess defensively
Johnson - 5 - great goal, nothing else
Thomson - 2 - shit
Cox - 1 - even shitter. corners?
El-abd - 1 - should have been sent off
Murray - 6 - good free kick, ran his arse off
Forster - 4 - legs have gone, think he probably needs to retire at the end of the season

Thornton - 6 - CRIMINAL not to start him
Fleetwood - 6 - score i suppose
Anyinsah - 6 - was okish

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sullivan 5 May have been to blame for 1st goal but could not be faulted for any of the others.

Whing 4 Very poor yet once again 2 of the 4 goals came directly from the left wing position.
Elphick 4 Offered no help to Whing and was a shadow of the player of last season.
Hawkins 7 Best of the defenders won most balls and was solid.
Richards 6 Better display from him.
Cox 3 Did absolutely nothing while on the pitch.
El Abd 5 Solid display winning most balls.
Thomson 6 Did what was expected of him efficiently.
Johnson 7 Best display for a few games but is shadow of the man who arrived from Leeds.
Murray 6 Put himself about in first half obviously not 100% fit andgot very little service.
Forster 6 Ran about a lot but seldom looked like scoring has he gone on 1 season too long and should we now bring in another striker and use him as back up.

Subs:

Fleetwood 4 He is not the answer to our striker problems.
Anyinsah 4 He didnt do a lot and will not be missed 1st touch is awful
Thornton 4 Flattered to deceive and seems to run himself into trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here