Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Millwall

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They got that right, it was moribound to put it kindly but 3 points.

Oh and their keeper can do one big time, after whistle moaning like mad at the officials.

He was having a right go at Ulloa after an accidental clash, Foorde didn't cover himself in glory today with his actions quite classless.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
For those at today's game, did we play better today than we did v wigan last week ?

Would be interested to see a comparison of team ratings from today to last week ?

My guess is we played better last week and lost, we played not so good today and won ?

Amazing how a win changes everybodies mood !!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
For those at today's game, did we play better today than we did v wigan last week ?

Would be interested to see a comparison of team ratings from today to last week ?

My guess is we played better last week and lost, we played not so good today and won ?

We probably did play better against Wigan last week.

My big concern is that, if this is the best we are able to produce, do we have any chance of making the playoffs? Based on today's performance, the answer is a big NO.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Eh ? Ulloa had a problem today trapping the ball. He does sometimes whilst others no trouble at all.

I think you will find a lot of people disagree and had him MOM.
I thought he battled for ninety minutes unlike some of our lightweights.
Now, personally I thought Orlandi ran like a carthorse today and gave the ball away as much as Spanish did.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On another thread about Ulloa someone pointed out that last season he controlled the ball for his first touch with the outstep of hisq foot but since his injury it seems to be with his instep and his first touch has detioriated so perhaps he is still suffering from his injury in some ways.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex

I was at both games, we played a lot better v Wigan and got nothing from the game. Millwall will feel the same way. They had more possession, shots on/off target. 3 points from both games is probably about right for us. But, we need to improve massively if we are to make play offs, let alone win them. 2nd half was truly awful from us :(

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I thought Bruno's distribution was appalling today - on a par with Leo's first touch and our ability to win the second ball.

But!

We ground out a win against a poor team; the sort of team we've been tripping up against so with three points in the bag (and a lot of indigestion) I shan't start complaining. On to the next.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How Bruno gets high marks is beyond me. He hardly ever gets close enough to the player and when he does it results in conceding a freekick. No good doing the flashy stuff when the basics are inept. He always allows the ball to be crossed.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Eh ? Ulloa had a problem today trapping the ball. He does sometimes whilst others no trouble at all.

Agree, Leo's first touch today was poor.

Too much hoof from the boys today. Very poor performance, lucky to get the result. Hoping this month will be like the mad March when we went up from League One - played badly in many games but ground out five straight wins.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was having a right go at Ulloa after an accidental clash, Foorde didn't cover himself in glory today with his actions quite classless.

Ulloa deliberately pushed the guy over .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Our goalkeeper didn't much to do ? Doubt he thought that was a quiet afternoon.

Had to catch many balls from crosses in a crowded box. I couldn't quite see but didn't he pull off an amazing save in the second from point blank range ?

Thought Ulloa was poor. His first touch particularly.

You are referring to the Leeds game, and not the Millwall game, aren't you? You must be. It has to be the case. It couldn't be otherwise.
In a game where he didn't score a goal, Ulloa was fantastic, worked his socks off, actually looked a little bit quicker too. And he's got his touch back. His control was simply brilliant today.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You are referring to the Leeds game, and not the Millwall game, aren't you? You must be. It has to be the case. It couldn't be otherwise.
In a game where he didn't score a goal, Ulloa was fantastic, worked his socks off, actually looked a little bit quicker too. And he's got his touch back. His control was simply brilliant today.

Obviously not, irrespective of your literary effort. I love the player but he does need to work on his first touch. He's much better than today. I can't and am not questioning his effort and work rate today.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Top Kat 5.5: keeping 7, distribution 4
Bruno 7
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 6.5
Andrews 5.5
Stephens 6 like the way he bombs around the pitch
Orlandi 6.5 silky
Dave 6
Ulloa 7.5
Lingard 7 looks as good a loan signing as we could have got; he's got pace, movement, control, directness and knows where the onion bag is -- what's not to like?

Buckley 7
JFC 6
March 6

Their fans 2, would be 1, but an extra point for providing entertainment
Our fans 8: MotM

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I was at both games, we played a lot better v Wigan and got nothing from the game. Millwall will feel the same way. They had more possession, shots on/off target. 3 points from both games is probably about right for us. But, we need to improve massively if we are to make play offs, let alone win them. 2nd half was truly awful from us :(

My point being is, people's ratings are influenced by the final result, crazy !!!

We were unlucky last week but NSC went on meltdown about Oscar and doom and gloom about the season, fast forward 7 days, we get lucky an get 3 points ! Where are all the anti Garcia we are doomed threads ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How Bruno gets high marks is beyond me. He hardly ever gets close enough to the player and when he does it results in conceding a freekick. No good doing the flashy stuff when the basics are inept. He always allows the ball to be crossed.

But if he gets too close he'll leave himself open to be beaten by pace. Defensively yesterday he was relatively sound until the latter part of the second half, when he had 2 against him, clearly if he closed down quickly he would have left us exposed.

The way football is now the offensive part of the right-back's game is also important, so I do get the high marks.

However, the bottom line is that neither of our right backs are good enough.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But if he gets too close he'll leave himself open to be beaten by pace. Defensively yesterday he was relatively sound until the latter part of the second half, when he had 2 against him, clearly if he closed down quickly he would have left us exposed.

The way football is now the offensive part of the right-back's game is also important, so I do get the high marks.

However, the bottom line is that neither of our right backs are good enough.

What is the point of backing off thus always allowing the cross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here