Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Liverpool ***

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I’d give Maupay an 8 as a midfielder. Our ‘to be’ out of contract players are fizzling out with below average performances. GP needs to bring in players with a bit of hunger.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite generous to Trossard, otherwise I’d agree with those.

Teams have worked out how we play, in regards to isolating Lamptey against one defender to use his pace and creating space for Tross and Mac in the gaps between midfield and defence. We’ve tried 4 at the back to try and change how teams set up against us but essentially the patterns of play are still the same. We miss Webster and Dunk bringing the ball out of a solid back 3 to engage players, beat the press and give us the space we need to play our game.

Potter has a lot of thinking to do about a proper plan B and how we can adjust when it isn’t working, currently plan B is the same as Plan A just with a different formation.

I do accept we are hamstrung by injuries and having too many similar style players ….. we need a midfielder who can run with the ball and commit players rather than just play the ball from side to side. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Gallagher would have been perfect in this side.

Sarmiento is that player…..hopefully getting another chance soon

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maupay’s one shot was off target and you choose to heavily criticize Welbeck who’s one shot was on target and drew a superb save. This, to me, doesn’t make much sense.

If I wanted to criticize a player (which I dont) then the off target one would be a logical choice. And I thought Welbeck’s movement on and off the ball was good, and more intelligent, than Maupay’s.

I’m surprised you can draw a comparison with a shot from 18 yards that narrowly missed and one from 4 or 5 straight at the goalie, which makes even less sense.

I would also add that Maupay worked tirelessly throughout, and Welb3ck benefited from being in a two, which gave him that opportunity. Maupay played on his own.

As per your original quote it’s a game of opinions.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He was in the exact place where a top flight striker should be, something we often lack.

Sanchez - not at all. I don’t think I’ve joined in the threads this season where he’s beginning to get picked on. Our best keeper by a country mile for years and far, far better than Ryan.

I kept my view on him private, only because it’s not a strong one, which is - last season brilliant, this season not at that level.

Separately, I love his belligerence eg unfazed by Holmesdale drink throwers and he would’ve destroyed :wanker:McArthur:wanker:.

I'd agree with this. I think Sanchez is a fantastic 'keeper, but he's in (to me at least) very poor form.

Sanchez - 6
Cucurella - 6
Dunk - 7
Veltman - 7
Lamptey - 6
March - 7
Alzate - 6
Bissouma - 4
Mac Allister - 6.5
Trossard - 4
Maupay - 7

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Maupay was a 9 without the ball, a 5 with it.

GP has a decision to make on Trossard, try and play him through this bad patch or bring someone like Moder back in. At the moment it’s like playing with 10 men but we know there is a very good player in there.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 4 -- should have seen red within 20 minutes. He's in a bad run of form. Hope it's just a blip
Lamptey 6 -- I don't like him playing at RB, as it limits his qualities. Still some positive stuff
Veltman 5.5 -- also hasn't been great of late
Dunk 6 -- ditto
Cucurella 7 -- form has dipped a little, but from a very high level. We're really missing Webster
March 6 -- some good passages of play, good strength and workrate, but also that frustrating thing of slowing things down and not going for it when opportunities arose
Bissouma 7 -- top driving performance. I don't buy the view that he's lowered his standards
Alzate 5 -- overawed by it, which is a shame because he's been looking back near his best of late
Mac Allister 7 --- some top stuff, calm, creative, quite hard too
Trossard 5 -- was our PotS during 2021, he's been way, way off it in 2022
Maupay 8 MotM -- put himself about, disrupted them, made things happen, but one poorly missed assist

Gross 5
Welbeck 6

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree completely.

I really think Caciedo should be given a chance, and hopefully he will.

I'm a bit torn. Thought he looked a bit green and overawed in the Cup game against Spurs. He's exciting though, and both Sarmiento and Caicedo have really encouraging movement and, like Bissouma, are extremely rapid over short distances that help them make and/or evade tackles.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looked very exciting for the u23s on Friday night, when he was eased back in playing the first half. Caicedo was excellent too.

Imagine we wont see Sarmiento in the first team until after the international break, probably needs to get some more U23 time first - after all he was out for 3 months.

Agree Caicedo was excellent and think we'll start to see more of him soon (would probably already be the case if the club didnt have shiteload of central midfielders). Everton were really really bad though (probably the worst U23 side I've seen all season) so it is a little bit difficult to judge.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Agree completely.

I really think Caciedo should be given a chance, and hopefully he will.
I am assuming that Caicedo will be warming the bench again on Wednesday, having had a run out for U23s.

I would like to see him at least get 30 minutes on Wednesday.

Because then I assume he'll be off to play in World Cup qualifiers for Ecuador, and then come back too late to be ready against Norwich at the start of April.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here