Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Liverpool ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Haven’t seen a ratings thread very often lately, probably me not looking, anyway…..

BTW - we were playing Liverpool 😃 I didn’t think we were too bad.
6 - average

Sanchez - 6
Lamptey - 7
Cucurella - 7
Dunk - 7
Veltman - 6
March - 7
Alzate - 5 - started well and then faded in the half he was on
Bissouma - 6 - poor refereeing when he burst through
MacAllister - 7 - Klopp quickly worked out to keep him away from the ball in the last third
Trossard - 5 - what has happened? Wasteful so many times
Maupay - 8 - best player for me, constantly made runs, worked tirelessly

Lallana - n/a
Gross - 4 - Lowest rating I’ve ever given him…. At times looked an obstacle when we had possession 😔
Welbeck - 4 - just pointless.

Potter - 6

Dean - 5

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Quite generous to Trossard, otherwise I’d agree with those.

Teams have worked out how we play, in regards to isolating Lamptey against one defender to use his pace and creating space for Tross and Mac in the gaps between midfield and defence. We’ve tried 4 at the back to try and change how teams set up against us but essentially the patterns of play are still the same. We miss Webster and Dunk bringing the ball out of a solid back 3 to engage players, beat the press and give us the space we need to play our game.

Potter has a lot of thinking to do about a proper plan B and how we can adjust when it isn’t working, currently plan B is the same as Plan A just with a different formation.

I do accept we are hamstrung by injuries and having too many similar style players ….. we need a midfielder who can run with the ball and commit players rather than just play the ball from side to side. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Gallagher would have been perfect in this side.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always a rubbish thread but it a good place to highlight 1 (one) player.

That Virgil Van Dijk chap, in their defence, is quite good, maybe worth a cheeky bid?
Although he doesn't run or make sliding tackles so perhaps don't break the bank.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Welbeck useless? He had our best chance and only a superb save by Allison prevented him scoring. His off the ball running was far better than Maupay’s who you have man of the match. It’s s game of opinions :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Always a rubbish thread but it a good place to highlight 1 (one) player.

That Virgil Van Dijk chap, in their defence, is quite good, maybe worth a cheeky bid?
Although he doesn't run or make sliding tackles so perhaps don't break the bank.

😂😂 are you grumpy today 😃

Personally, I think these are the best threads as it provokes debate.

I’m always interested how others see the game…..

Thought VVD was untroubled as we have no-one above 5’6” up front, and Trossard has stopped putting in crosses for the moment

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Welbeck useless? He had our best chance and only a superb save by Allison prevented him scoring. His off the ball running was far better than Maupay’s who you have man of the match. It’s s game of opinions :smile:

He only moved twice and wasted our best chance is an alternative viewpoint

You are right though, all opinions 🙂

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
😂😂 are you grumpy today 😃

Personally, I think these are the best threads as it provokes debate.

I’m always interested how others see the game…..

Thought VVD was untroubled as we have no-one above 5’6” up front, and Trossard has stopped putting in crosses for the moment

Nah it's always just an echo chamber for opinions.
If this thread was started at the same time as 'famous supporter' and be locked at kick off, it would look exactly the same.

Its meaningless.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not easy to give individual marks when so poor as a team. Potter has to take some blame for this. Lampty outstanding attacking defender but seems to now play RW which leaves Veltman having to fill in and defend wide. Moder had 2/3 good games getting in box close to Maupay now nobody doing that job. Bissouma was one of best players on pitch against Chelsea so down to Potter to motivate him back to that level, Alzate very good against Newcastle as DM. Bissouma back in so both played deep yesterday which again meant fewer players in box. March so easy to mark. If he is on right he will go on inside and on left will go outside.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez - 3. His moment of madness gave the opener, plus that’s a red card.

Lamptey - 7. Joint MOTM, loved the space LFC always allow, but let himself down by woeful final balls.
Cucurella - 5. Where’s that pace gone?
Dunk - 7. Joint MOTM. Back to his best, prevented a big score.
Veltman - 6.

March - 6.5. Battled, always raises his game for Liverpool.
Alzate - 4
Bissouma - 6 Far more effort than of late.
MacAllister - 5
Trossard - 4

Maupay - 7. Joint MOTM, tireless running and battling.

Lallana - n/a
Gross - 2. His contribution, a Cruyff Turn 100 yards from Alisson’s goal, so what? Shocking corners.
Welbeck - 6.5. A danger, he should’ve come on earlier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He only moved twice and wasted our best chance is an alternative viewpoint

You are right though, all opinions ��

Given the language you have used, you seem to be penalizing Welbeck for getting his shot on target? You’re correct it’s an alternative view point…..a viewpoint which you’ll need to explain as it doesn’t make any sense.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez - 6
Lamptey - 6
Cucurella - 6.5
Dunk - 7
Veltman - 7
March - 7
Alzate - 5
Bissouma - 6
MacAllister - 7
Trossard - 5
Maupay - 7.5

Lallana - n/a
Gross - 5.5
Welbeck - 6.5

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Maupay 7 (only player who showed some desire and effort)

Everyone else 5 , apart from March 4 (did nothing wrong but did nothing) and Trossard 3.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Given the language you have used, you seem to be penalizing Welbeck for getting his shot on target? You’re correct it’s an alternative view point…..a viewpoint which you’ll need to explain as it doesn’t make any sense.

Great positioning and effort by Welbeck, stunning point blank save by Alisson.

Sanchez and most other keepers would’ve picked that out of the net.

[I was just a few yards away in the NS, great view of it].

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I’m not sure what there is to explain.

He was 4-5 yards out, as you said it was our best chance, he effectively headed it at Allison who tipped it over, anywhere either side or downwards he would have struggled.

If the counter-point is he got it on target, we’ll so did Locadia in his final game for us as well.

In terms of movement, I really didn’t see that at all and actually commented to friends, each time he did make a movement of note, because it was minimal and certainly compared to Maupay was next to nothing.

I like Welbeck, but he had a shocker at Newcastle, again wasting an excellent opportunity and didn’t feel he was much better yesterday

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great positioning and effort by Welbeck, stunning point blank save by Alisson.

Sanchez and most other keepers would’ve picked that out of the net.

[I was just a few yards away in the NS, great view of it].

Great positioning and effort.? It’s exactly where he should be, our biggest problem is that our forwards are rarely where you’d expect them to be, when the ball is out wide.

I’d wager Murray would have buried that.

You seem very anti-Sanchez?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm not going to rate all the team but did I see see that match sponsors gave it to Cucurella? What game were they watching? For me our MOM was Maupay. On a difficult day with not much service he worked tirelessly. At the other end of scale what has happened to Trossard? Really poor and even if he had buried that easy chance I think VAR may well have penalised Maupay for handball in build up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great positioning and effort.? It’s exactly where he should be, our biggest problem is that our forwards are rarely where you’d expect them to be, when the ball is out wide.

I’d wager Murray would have buried that.

You seem very anti-Sanchez?

He was in the exact place where a top flight striker should be, something we often lack.

Sanchez - not at all. I don’t think I’ve joined in the threads this season where he’s beginning to get picked on. Our best keeper by a country mile for years and far, far better than Ryan.

I kept my view on him private, only because it’s not a strong one, which is - last season brilliant, this season not at that level.

Separately, I love his belligerence eg unfazed by Holmesdale drink throwers and he would’ve destroyed :wanker:McArthur:wanker:.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sanchez - 6. would be 7 but for that challenge
Lamptey- 6
Cucu-7
Dunk-7
Veltman-6
March-7
Alzate-6
Biss-6
Big Mac-7
Trossard-5
Maupay-6.

Lallana-n/a
Welbeck-6
Gross-6

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He was 4-5 yards out, as you said it was our best chance, he effectively headed it at Allison who tipped it over, anywhere either side or downwards he would have struggled.

If the counter-point is he got it on target, we’ll so did Locadia in his final game for us as well.

In terms of movement, I really didn’t see that at all and actually commented to friends, each time he did make a movement of note, because it was minimal and certainly compared to Maupay was next to nothing.

I like Welbeck, but he had a shocker at Newcastle, again wasting an excellent opportunity and didn’t feel he was much better yesterday

Maupay’s one shot was off target and you choose to heavily criticize Welbeck who’s one shot was on target and drew a superb save. This, to me, doesn’t make much sense.

If I wanted to criticize a player (which I dont) then the off target one would be a logical choice. And I thought Welbeck’s movement on and off the ball was good, and more intelligent, than Maupay’s.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But shirley, the way he headed it with his left foot should get an extra point on his ratings :facepalm:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here