Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Liverpool ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Although I’ve just done it, it feels a bit like splitting hairs a bit giving individual player ratings, that was just a realy good team performance.

True - but the varying opinions always prompt debate, even when we play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ryan 6: Nothing to do. Remarkable when you consider the opponents.

White 7.5 Assured and comfortable.
Dunk 8 Best performance of the season, more like the Dunk we know and expect.
Webster 7.5 Assured and comfortable

Veltman 7.5 Clearly a defender first and foremost. Really good performance had the right flank on lockdown.
Bissouma 8 Best midfielder on the pitch
Gross 7 Solid, tidy passing, didn't get caught out of position and kept his nerve with the penalty.
March 8.5 MOTM. Outstanding defensively and going forward. I'm beginning to question if he is left footed though...based purely on the screamer he scored with his right last week and his repeated abysmal efforts on his left.
Connolly 7 Full of running, caused lots of problems. Shame he lacked a bit of composure infront of goal.
Maupay 6 Was doing fine until the penalty miss.
Welbeck 7 Relatively quiet in the first half but a very good second. Offers something different physically, technically and mentally to our other strikers. Could be a huge signing.

Trossard 5 not his day. Summed up by kicking his foot and falling on his arse when trying to cross late on.
Lallana n/a Hope its nothing serious
Ali J n/a not on for long but what a chance!

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I’m really surprised by your White grade. His anticipation of danger and tackling are immense. The yellow card for the beautifully timed tackle was just an insult. Gets better and better. He also nearly blocked their goal and nobody else saw the danger and reacted so quickly. I would give him an 8 today.

Agreed. Let’s not forget he’s also a 23 year old with only 10 games of PL experience.

In my humble opinion, he’s definitely living up to the hype.

Whenever he does leave, he will command some fee. Should pay all the cost of the academy for a decade at least .

Hope we are lucky enough to get a couple of seasons from him.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Keeper-5.5 went missing when needed
Back 5 -8- worked as a solid unit
Biss and Gross 8.5
Conolly 7.5 Welbeck 7 Maupay 5

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think people are being a bit harsh on Tross.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6
White 8
Dunk 7 -- couple of rickets in there, ...
Webster 8.5 MotM -- ..., no rickets, numerous wonderful interceptions, passing radar back, carried the ball too
Veltman 8 -- assured
Bissouma 8.5 -- he's our most important player now
Gross 8 -- did what Gross does
March 8 -- challenging Biss and Lamptey for Pot1/4S
Connolly 8 -- did amazingly well during his hour on the pitch, not so sure he deserved to go off, and didn't notice him flagging. I've forgiven him that miss
Maupay 5 -- was great until that miss. Hope he's OK (and I think I'm referring to his mental frame of mind, rather than a physical injury, although might be wrong on this), because he's a dynamic and important player
Welbeck 8 -- just keep doing this for 90 minutes, Danny

Subs:
Trossard 7 -- thought he did better than others have said
Lallana n/a
Jahanbakhsh 5 -- great effort and some nice touches, but not connecting with that ball is worrying

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Team Performance - 6.5

Ryan 7 - distribution and decision making near perfect, commanded his box well good game only blip was the disallowed Salah goal he has to make himself bigger there. Thankfully didn't count so won't deduct marks for it.
White 8 - Brilliant game again, never a yellow.
Dunk 8 - Captains performance.
Webster 6- Tackled a ghost for their goal, thought he made some iffy passing decisions but very good in the air I thought.
Veltman 7 - Solid performance.
March 8 - Another standout game. Crossing was on point today should have got an assist for AJ. One of the best on the pitch.
Gross 8 - Solid performance and well taken penatly.
Bissouma 7 - Another controlled performance would have liked to see him advance forward a bit more though.
Connolly 7 - Absolute menace but should have scored, why did he get taken off?
Welbeck 7 - Gives us something different really fits in well with the system still unsure of whether it's a pen or not.
Maupay 5 - Missed a pen but played a decent ball through to Connolly, didn't like his attitude as he went off.

Trossard 5 - Got crowded out to often, a little slow on decision making
Lallana - n/a
AJ - 7 - Stretched the game out, unlucky not to score. Kept us on the front foot in the search for an equaliser. Good substitution by Potter.

Potter 7 - Decent result, average performance a good sub and a bad one.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan 6 - not sure he made a save?

White 7 - very composed against his toughest opposition yet

Dunk 8 - still looking a bit rusty but the pick of the defenders

Webster 6 - Salah lost him far too easily for the disallowed goal and Jota sold him far too easily for the one they scored

Veltman 6 - not a wing back. Looks about as comfortable in the opposition half as Bong did

March 8 - another excellent game. His passing is excellent. Combine him and Lamptey and you have a world class player

Gross 8 - worked hard, great composure at the end. Wish he’d taken the first pen

Bissouma 7 - another tireless performance. He’ll be aching tomorrow

Connolly 7 - great runs. I’m glad he didn’t want to come off but it’s a team game and it was a tactical substitution that worked. Needs to take his chances then he’ll be the one staying on.

Welbeck 8 - fabulous again. What a signing

Maupay 6 - great ball for the Connolly chance. Shame about the pen. A lot of people underestimate the Allison factor

Trossard 6 - little impact. Gone grey in the last month?
Lallana - n/a
AJ 5 - should have buried that chance.

VAR - 9 MOTM

Potter 10 - the players missed key chances. That cost him three points. Got everything right, team selection, tactics and formation

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What are people's marks if the penalty at the end had not been awarded ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
6 - average

Ryan 6.5 - will be happy with that - even the goal he was a little bit hindered by White's attempted block
White 8 - Assured performance
Dunk 8 - Best performance of the season for him. Coming good at hte right time
Webster 8 - Bring s the ball out nicely and 0 ricketts.. progress.
Veltman 8 - cultured, (said it before, but....) Hunemeier x 10
March 8 - That performance proved everything we have been saying thinking all season, the lad's on his way. Must be in contention for England squad surely>
Gross 8 - Underrated - total quality in everything he does.
Bissouma 8 - Has transformwed into a holding mid of immense presence. In theory he should have been overrun today, but dealt with (almost) everything.
Connolly 8 - Good to see him so pissed off at being subbed, Potter can point to the result and say "I was right", but Connolly was a menace today. Lots more to come from the lad.
Welbeck 8 - Penalty? probably not. But had the presence of mind to collapse in a heap when he knew a foul had been committed. All round strong performance today
Maupay 6 - hmm. hard luck for the penalty.. could have been a beauty, but if you miss it, well, I'm afraid you are a ****. If he really has tweaked his hamstring and not his ego, he will be missed. Needs an arm around the shoulder IMO.

Trossard 5.5 - didn't have any impact
Lallana - hope he's not injured, didn't see too much in the collison that caused him to go off. I may be being unfair, but he seems to feel he needs to be wrapped in cotton wool a bit. Hopefully this is a short-term thing.
AJ - 6- lPossibly over marked cos the missed penalty was shat! But I love the little fella. So he gets a 6

Potter 9 - Got this one bang on. Thought he'd gone loopy when I saw Welbz/Maupay/Connolly. but fair play to him.

Agree broadly with all of this - particularly comments about Maupay. I don’t buy the faking an injury stuff, though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Team Performance - 6.5

Ryan 7 - distribution and decision making near perfect, commanded his box well good game only blip was the disallowed Salah goal he has to make himself bigger there. Thankfully didn't count so won't deduct marks for it.
Webster 6- Tackled a ghost for their goal, thought he made some iffy passing decisions but very good in the air I thought.
March 8 - Another standout game. Crossing was on point today should have got an assist for AJ. One of the best on the pitch.
Bissouma 7 - Another controlled performance would have liked to see him advance forward a bit more though.
Welbeck 7 - Gives us something different really fits in well with the system still unsure of whether it's a pen or not.
Maupay 5 - Missed a pen but played a decent ball through to Connolly, didn't like his attitude as he went off.

Lallana - n/a
AJ - 7 - Stretched the game out, unlucky not to score. Kept us on the front foot in the search for an equaliser. Good substitution by Potter.

Connolly was a menace And tries hard . The. problem is he’s not a goal threat (spurs aside) which is probably the true reason he got hooked. He clearly had the hump but he should have showed more humility given that first half miss was so so poor

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Team Performance - 6.5

Lallana - n/a

Good ratings though

Last edited:

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Connolly was a menace And tries hard . The. problem is he’s not a goal threat (spurs aside) which is probably the true reason he got hooked. He clearly had the hump but he should have showed more humility given that first half miss was so so poor

I totally agree with this. Usain Bolt wanted to be a professional soccer player and I am sure he would have been a menace also, but obviously that is not enough. Connolly is still young. We need to see if he develops a more consistent quality and composure.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I totally agree with this. Usain Bolt wanted to be a professional soccer player and I am sure he would have been a menace also, but obviously that is not enough. Connolly is still young. We need to see if he develops a more consistent quality and composure.

If Connolly is not open to a loan , I’m Not sure potter will be keen to see him develop on his time.
I think Connolly and his ego will move on fairly soon.
Being cocky can be fine , but in connollys case he is simply not as good as he thinks he is.
It’s not justified and it’s annoying.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did everyone miss Webster being so far off Salah and trailing behind him before a ridiculous offside got us out of jail?
Thought he had a solid game - a comfortable 7 perhaps - but still needs to learn about positioning at the top level.

Also worth a mention. White’s composure coming forward with the ball also starting to reach expectations

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here