Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Liverpool (a)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 8 - Massive claim at the end, apart from that, not loads to do
White - 7 - Some crisp passing up the right hand side and a vital part of our brilliant defence
Dunk - 9 - Blocks, blocks and more blocks. Oh yes and some terrific passing
Webster - 9 - MOM - In my Spurs ratings I said he was a £50m player. Now he's a £60m one. Wonderful defending. He F***** loves it as well
Burn - 7 - The most mixed of mixed bags. Brilliant knock back for the goal and some swashbuckling runs. Shocking finish, but then he's not the one who should be in there
March - 7 - The hearts of everyone in the fair city of Brighton and Hove went out to him, when seeing him limp off. Before this, he was hard working and tidy as ever. See you soon Sol
Bissouma - 7 - Slightly below his terrific best, but still got his foot in enough to disrupt
Alzate - 6 - Well done young man for getting the goal. Needs to puff his chest out a bit more. Needs to believe he is no longer a u23 player
Gross - 8 - Possesses beautiful technique to rival anything on that pitch tonight
Trossard - 8 - great footwork and clever passing. Has truly dazzled in the last two games
Maupay - 6 - Hit and miss. Some decent hold up work. Looks good dropping deep. Not getting close enough with chances

Lallana - 4 - Continually found a Liverpool player at Anfield. You signed for us Adam
Connolly - 7 - Decent hold up play
Zeqiri - 7 - He is the right man to bring on up front when you have a lead to protect

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Just City to get now

Potter goes right up to 11 -- that was an impeccable game plan

Sanchez 9 -- BEAST. Big hands
White 8
Dunk 9 -- immense, so many blocks, so calm
Webster 9.5 MotM -- one misplaced pass and let Salah get away early on, apart from that simply awesome, and owned Salah
March 8 -- please let this not be a bad one. He's two of our own.
Burn 8 -- best game this season, and he's really shown brilliant character since that Wolves game
Bissouma 9 -- Liverpool need him. City need him. United need him. He's ours.
Alzate 7.5 -- got the goal, did some great stuff, but too casual at times, which probably explains why he hasn't played much this season
Gross 8 -- reliable, creative, put in a shift
Trossard 9 -- he's been in such a rich vein of form which stretches back at least as far as the Fulham game (despite the abuse he got on here)
Maupay 7.5 -- hussled and harried, some things paid off

Lallana 6 -- nothing really happened
Connolly 8 -- did what was needed of him. Menace.
Zeqiri 7 -- like what he did

gave you a like to stop any lonlieness ! , lol

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
White - 7 - Some crisp passing up the right hand side and a vital part of our brilliant defence
Webster - 9 - MOM - In my Spurs ratings I said he was a £50m player. Now he's a £60m one. Wonderful defending. He F***** loves it as well
Burn - 7 - The most mixed of mixed bags. Brilliant knock back for the goal and some swashbuckling runs. Shocking finish, but then he's not the one who should be in there
March - 7 - The hearts of everyone in the fair city of Brighton and Hove went out to him, when seeing him limp off. Before this, he was hard working and tidy as ever. See you soon Sol
Bissouma - 7 - Slightly below his terrific best, but still got his foot in enough to disrupt
Alzate - 6 - Well done young man for getting the goal. Needs to puff his chest out a bit more. Needs to believe he is no longer a u23 player
Gross - 8 - Possesses beautiful technique to rival anything on that pitch tonight
Trossard - 8 - great footwork and clever passing. Has truly dazzled in the last two games
Maupay - 6 - Hit and miss. Some decent hold up work. Looks good dropping deep. Not getting close enough with chances

Lallana - 4 - Continually found a Liverpool player at Anfield. You signed for us Adam
Zeqiri - 7 - He is the right man to bring on up front when you have a lead to protect

Your Brian Clough arn't you ?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
And yet, just under a week ago you started a thread with this context...

If fans were allowed in the stadium Potter would have resigned by now. Fact.

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

And I thought a week was a long time in politics!

Well Done, for outing this particular Dork !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

How do Connolly and Zequiri get higher marks than Maupay & Alzate. Some very seriously underrating of Maupay's contribution he really put in a shift, unsettling their defenders and defending from the front. Alzate is a bit casual but his style of play is to get teh ball rolling with little interference , when it works it's brilliant. No mistakes and wanted that goal covered a lot of ground.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 6 - nothing to do [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
White - 8
Webster - 9
Dunk - 9
Solly - 8
Bissouma - 8
Gross - 8
BDB - 8 - brilliant after shaky start.
Alzate - 7
Trossard - 9 - great he’s turned up again.
Maupay - 8

Connolly - 6

Potter - 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All 10s apart from Agent Lallana who tried to both block Trossard's shot and have it ruled out for offside at the end

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My men of the match were Webster and Sanchez. Sanchez gets a few extra marks for that reassuring catch from the corner at the end and the general calm and solidity he has brought to our defence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Potter gets 11, had he brought on the two goalkeepers at the end id have given him 12.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
6 - average

Sanchez - 6 - nothing to do [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
White - 8
Webster - 9
Dunk - 9
Solly - 8
Bissouma - 8
Gross - 8
BDB - 8 - brilliant after shaky start.
Alzate - 7
Trossard - 9 - great he’s turned up again.
Maupay - 8

Connolly - 6

Potter - 10.

Can’t argue with this. I’m desperate to see Sanchez get a higher score but I’m struggling to remember him making a proper save. Should we be giving a keeper a high score for doing things we’d expect like good distribution and good handling? Perhaps, but for me he has to make some good saves and Liverpool were criminally guilty of not testing him. Sorry Rob.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
0FC37682-01FB-4A2D-9DC9-2363A65E2CA2.jpeg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Disappointing to only score 1 goal it was only Liverpool must do better, Barber out!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can’t argue with this. I’m desperate to see Sanchez get a higher score but I’m struggling to remember him making a proper save. Should we be giving a keeper a high score for doing things we’d expect like good distribution and good handling? Perhaps, but for me he has to make some good saves and Liverpool were criminally guilty of not testing him. Sorry Rob.

That catch at the very end was quality.
He’s the new Lamptey!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He’s the new Lamptey!

Yes. He glided through a crowd of defenders taking the ball at its highest point, before clutching it to his chest......

Still a 6, if he’d dropped it we’d have been furious [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s the new Lamptey!

It was as if he was playing in a pre match kick about. His coolness is so impressive and has to be rubbing off on the defenders

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
How do Connolly and Zequiri get higher marks than Maupay & Alzate. Some very seriously underrating of Maupay's contribution he really put in a shift, unsettling their defenders and defending from the front. Alzate is a bit casual but his style of play is to get teh ball rolling with little interference , when it works it's brilliant. No mistakes and wanted that goal covered a lot of ground.

ALzate was a little tentative first half, but grew into the second half - the goal helped. More game time will also help...enormously. It shouldn't be forgotten he made some stupendous challenges after March went off and he slotted into RWB - one on Firmino springs to mind. I get the impression he's a player that is coming back from a period away from the starting line up and will improve game by game

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It was as if he was playing in a pre match kick about. His coolness is so impressive and has to be rubbing off on the defenders

Sad to say, but you just didn’t get that with the previous incumbent.
If Sanchez keeps this up, the hype from pundits etc will begin.
I notice it’s now underway with Webster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here