Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Vs Leicester (A)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 4 - some good saves but nothing you wouldn’t have expected him to save. Just so poor on the goal

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 5
White - 7
Burn - 3
AJ - 4 - rarely tracks back, one good pass otherwise anonymous.
Bissouma- 7
Gross - 5 - unusually sloppy with the ball
March - 6
Maupay - 5 usual mixture of good and bad
Welbeck - 5 bad miss

Alzate - 6
Connolly - n/a
MacAllister - n/a

Potter 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
in descending order for this evening's 'free hit' where we barely threw a punch

Veltman ... impressive
Bissouma and White ... looked the part
March ... some good stuff
Ali J ... a few encouraging moments

I'm starting to clutch at straws here

everyone else not at the races/ not up to it .. that said, Leicester on form and all that.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Weltman 7
Biss 7

Can’t be arsed to give marks for the rest.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Ryan 3 - NOT an outstanding EPL goalie in any facet, rarely influences a positive result.

Veltman 6
White 5
Dunk 4 - more interested in claiming offside, than attempting to stop Vardy’s key moment.
Burn 0 - out of his depth.

Gross 2 - did he play? Anonymous.
Bissouma 7.5 - if this disparity carries on, he’ll move on next summer.
March 4
Jahanbakhsh 1

Maupay 2
Welbeck 2 - did we see him after the missed chance?

Can’t be bothered with the subs.

Potter 0 - Dan Burn as LB :lolol:, somehow same up with a 4-4 with an isolated 2 ... an EPL first? Did nothing to stop the Dan Burn slaughter .... before the goals!

You're generally very level-headed bar mocking things in a joke-like manner... For you to be that scathing says something!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Average 6

Ryan - 4. His distribution has improved and he made one good save however goals change games and he just isn’t good enough. Top 10 keeper he reckons? Hilarious. I’d take Man U’s arm off for Henderson on loan in January.

Veltman - 6.5. Good player, did OK.
White - 7. Very good player, did OK.
Dunk - 5. Very good player, something's not right though.
Burn - 1. I cannot remember a worse performance since we were promoted. It will take a lot for him to come back from this.

March - 6. Good first half, should have remained at LWB.
Gross - 3. Woeful, offered nothing apart from slowing the game down and giving possession away.
Bissouma- 7. Will end up forcing a move at this rate. Shame.
Ali J - 5. Started brightly, faded badly.

Maupay - 5. No service but still needs to do better.
Welbeck - 4. If Ryan gets a 4 then so does Welbeck, he simply had to score, it was as damaging as Ryan’s non-save.

Subs, can’t be bothered, glad to see Alzate back.

Potter - 3. Pick players who can ****ing run, so that’s not Gross or Burn. The next 2 games will make or break him.

Senior management - 4. Zero net transfer spend in the summer means this is no great surprise. Spend in January at both ends of the pitch or see all the good work of the last 6 years go. Your choice.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Ryan - 5

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 5
White - 5
Burn - 2

Ali J - 3
Gross - 5
Bissouma - 6
March - 4

Welbeck - 5
Maupay - 4

Alzate - 5
Connolly - 4
Mac - n/a

Potter 1 - utterly wrong formation, midfield outgunned, Burns sd have been subbed, Connelly sd be playing for Under 18s, Ryan needs dropping.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan- 5 Had to save the first one. Didn't.
Veltman-7 Class
White- 6.5 Very decent
Dunk-5 Probably a 6 - but not seeing enough leadership from him either at the moment - Something's not right.
Burn-4 The weak link.
March- 6.5 Played well all game - the pull back for Jahanbaksh was very nice.
Groß-4 Really off it today - don't think I have ever seen so many sloppy passes from him.
Bissouma - 7 - Class - we won't keep him if the other players don't step up.
Jahanbakhsh- 6 - Hope he gets a run of games -
Maupay-5 Not much going on for him tonight
Welbeck-5 Scores that chance and it's a different game - decent save maybe, but should have scored

Potter- 4 - I'm assuming he threw that game and is banking on finally getting a win out of one of the next two.

Agree 100%, I will just nick your scores if that's OK.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan - 5

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 5
White - 5
Burn - 2

Ali J - 3
Gross - 5
Bissouma - 6
March - 4

Welbeck - 5
Maupay - 4

Alzate - 5
Connolly - 4
Mac - n/a

Potter 1 - utterly wrong formation, midfield outgunned, Burns sd have been subbed, Connelly sd be playing for Under 18s, Ryan needs dropping.

Sorry can't agree with 4 for March,

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Ryan - 5

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 5
White - 5
Burn - 4

Ali J - 4
GrosB - 5
Bissouma - 7
March -6

Wellbeck - 4
Maupay - 4

Alzate - 6
Connolly - 5
Mac Allister - 5

Potter - 3 Tactically Naive

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan - 5 - Should have done better with the first, made a great save after a soft goal and no chance with the other two
Veltman - 7 - Played well, got forward but saw less action given the glaring weakness on the left flank
Dunk - 6 - Not his best game
White - 6 - See Dunk
Burn - 4 - His worst game in the shirt. Partially at fault for all three goals, but left woefully exposed
Bissouma - 7 - Kept running, worked hard, tried to create but nothing really worked
Gross - 5 - Not really his fault. Nullified by playing in a deeper role
March - 6 - Really good first 30 mins but had the life sucked out of him by the goal
Jahanbakhsh - 6 - Also had a really effective first 30 mins and on another day could have had a goal and an assist. Faded badly
Maupay - 5 - Ran a lot, didn't notice him touch the ball
Welbeck - 5 - Ran a lot, missed the chance that we needed to score

Subs
Don't care. They all came on too late to influence the result as the game was done at half time

Potter - 5 - Wrong selection for me. Alzate should have started for Gross who is ineffective that deep, picked the wrong game to abandon 3 at the back. That said, he cannot do anything about our strikers refusing to gobble up basic chances. For a striker of his experience, there's no excuse Welbeck missing that chance. In the 1st 30 minutes, we were WELL in the game and playing good football, but as always, we miss our first real chance, they take theirs and the game slips away.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Burn's performance was woeful but I blame Potter for that. Once Rodgers had worked out how we were playing after 20 minutes (which is impressive in itself as I'm not sure we know half the time), we had Justin up against Burn as a 1 on 1 and time and again isolated him before it cost us. He could have dropped March a bit to help cover, altered the formation or even played a left back - accepting that Bernardo probably isn't the answer to that particular question - but just seemingly left BDB to it. After Mooey got sent off against Villa last year we ran into similar problems but for whatever reason things don't seem to change until its too late. What does he write with that pen and paper all the time?

Ryan also cost us last night. If Maddison's shot was saved, I think his confidence isn't high enough to score the 3rd. He improved for the goal. Someone needs to blow smoke up Ryan's arse and tell him he is better than Allisson as he is playing like a man who knows his place in the team is on borrowed time. That all said, there were so many pockets of space to exploit in the 1st half it's hard to blame either Ryan or Wellbeck for missing (It was a good save as well in fairness) as a team as good as Leicester would have found a way through.

Fulham and Sheff United are more important games. We need 4 points. 0 from 6 and it's Big Fat Sam territory. God Forbid.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ryan 5 - meh

Veltman 7 - mm
White 6 - mjah
Dunk 5 - möh
Burn 5 - mäh

March 7 - mmh
BIssouma 8 - mhm, mm.
Gross 5 - mmnäääe
Ali J 5 - :moo:

Maupay 5 - mäu
Wellbeck 5 - mrögh

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ryan 5 -well at least we saw him save a couple for a change
Veltman 6 - thought he stood up well
White 6 - one excellent tackle to stop Vardy. Can’t play defence and midfield at the same time. Surely wanting away in January
Dunk 5 - not happy with zonal marking. Ends up simply occupying space but he did try to push forward 2nd half
Burn 3 - nothing good to say.
March 5 - abandoned Burn & moved too often to the right
Bissouma 5 - overwhelmed
Gross 4 - hasn’t the pace or bite to play defensive midfield
Jahanbaksh 5 - early promise. One shot. One chance created. Needs a run of games (as does Trossard -only one of them can start)
Welbeck 4 - a great chance missed
Maupay 4 - never in the game. Confidence has gone

Alzate 4 - came on 30 minutes too late & fouled people a lot which is more commitment than most
Connolly/MacAllister too late to have any impact other than to have a share in the blame

Potter 3 - wrong set-up. Not learning. We are going backwards defensively with zonal marking, midfield giving the ball away cheaply & offensively we are laboured. We are heading for serious trouble. Next 2 games are crucial but hard to see the decline being turned round

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Ryan 6 - Might have done better for the first goal, otherwise just the usual NSC scapegoating

Veltman 6-Not enough going forward for a wingback
White 6 - ok
Dunk 4 - He's having a poor season
Burn 3-For a position he should be comfortable in he was embarrassingly terrible
March 6 - Creative outlet but not enough defensively tonight
BIssouma 8 - He's going to leave for a lot of money
Gross 5 - He's not the player for a midfield engine room
Maupay 5 - toothless
Wellbeck 5 - ineffectual
Jahanbaksh 5 - unsubstantial

Overall I think what worries me most is our defence. Under Hughton that was the platform for keeping us up, now I think we look like conceding at least couple every game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here