Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Fulham

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Was at the game so did not hear the radio report . Great first half performance, need to up fitness for whole game. Main pros for me were Stockdale, Bong and the first start for Uwe. The passion from Kayal and Tomer, steady game from Gordon, a fired up Bruno. ..The Bha fans, hopefully the feelgood factor will enable our home games to create a better atmosphere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 7 He was gutted to concede the goal but nothing he could do to save it. Great save second half
Bruno 8 He was starting a lot of moves for our attacks joint MOM
Bong. 6 He didn't have such a good game as Forest or Sevilla as their no. 10 had the measure of him
Uwe 8. Like him very much. He won the tackle that set up the moves for Baldocks goal
Greer 7 a couple of dodgy passes but generally ok
Stephens 6 worked hard but couldn't create much
Kayal 8 very passionate and puts a real shift in and more joint MOM
Lua Lua 7 He was being marked tightly and tried some moves, but made the difference at the end when most of our team looked as though we were settling for a point
March 6 some poor passing but took good corners
Baldock 7 nice goal
Hemmed 7 cool calm and collected. Great penalty timed to perfection especially when their keeper moved first

JFC 7 good pass to set up LuaLua
Rosenior & Ince 6 did their bit

Edit as I got the wrong sub!!

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The whole side played exceptionally well in the first half and dealt with Fulham high up the pitch and put in a real shift pressuring the ball. Very composed. Second half we tired significantly and passing become sloppy with the defence dropping deeper.

Stockdale - 8 - great save at 1-1, perhaps unsighted on the goal.
Bruno - 8.5 - great assist, set up chance for Hemed that hit the bar. Almost flawless in possession but one dodgy hoof invited pressure.
Greer - 7 - composed but really tested in the air.
BFG - 8 - similar to Greer but flyed into blocks and tackles superbly.
Bong - 7 - excellent 1st half, really exposed by lack of support second half. Good decision maker and suits 4-4-2.
Kayal - 6 - class first half, off the pace 2nd.
Stephens - 6 - See Kayal
Kaz - 7 - Always a threat and covered a lot of ground but looked out of steam from the 60 minute mark.
March - 6 - Had the beating of the full back all day but final ball very mixed. Got stuck in and seems to have built more body strength.
Baldock - 8 - By far his best game for us, a real pest and some lovely touches. Took his goal calmly. I can see him scoring a hatful with Zamora up top.
Hemed - 7 - Nice shot against the bar, composed penalty but another who faded significantly. Created a lot of space for Baldock and the wingers by occupying 2 defenders with good movement.

Subs - Perhaps a little late? All freshened us up and Caskey deserves special credit for his well weighted assist after some assured touches.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I thought #hune was immense in the air today especially in the first half and to add his headers always seemed to find a team mate, someone suggesting Bruno should be dropped must be insane mom for me today. I guess we all see things differently.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Stockdale 7 He was gutted to concede the goal but nothing he could do to save it. Great save second half
Bruno 8 He was starting a lot of moves for our attacks joint MOM
Bong. 6 He didn't have such a good game as Forest or Sevilla as their no. 10 had the measure of him
Uwe 8. Like him very much. He won the tackle that set up the moves for Baldocks goal
Greer 7 a couple of dodgy passes but generally ok
Stephens 6 worked hard but couldn't create much
Kayal 8 very passionate and puts a real shift in and more joint MOM
Lua Lua 7 He was being marked tightly and tried some moves, but made the difference at the end when most of our team looked as though we were settling for a point
March 6 some poor passing but took good corners
Baldock 7 nice goal
Hemmed 7 cool calm and collected. Great penalty timed to perfection especially when their keeper moved first

JFC 7 good pass to set up LuaLua
Rosenior & COG 6 did their bit

Subs- COG? Thought it was Ince

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Stockdale - 8 - Several good saves, one great save, zero anxious moments and could do nothing about their goal.
Bruno - 8 - Excellent, very cool playing it out of defence and combined well with March.
Greer - 8 - Thought he was excellent also, solid defensively and some decent balls into the channel for Baldock.
Hoffmeister - 8 - Very impressive debut, looked very solid.
Bong - 6 - loses a point for a crucial hesitation in the build-up to their goal. Most of Fulham's threat seemed to come down his side but dealt with it well for the most part, although guilty of leaving his man unmarked a few times. Seems to only want to pass to Kazenga!
Stephens - 6.5 - Superb first half hour, faded badly towards the end before being subbed
Kayal - 7 - Another who was outstanding in the first half but struggled to impose himself in the second, when we gave their midfield far too much time on the ball.
KLL - 7 - Had an inconsistent game, started off excellent, went missing for most of the second half as we dropped far too deep, then popped up right at the end to win a penalty
March 7 - I thought he had a good game. His final ball is a bit erratic, but he kept getting into good positions and had the beating of the fullback, and put in at least 2 excellent crosses which on another day could have given him 2 assists.
Baldock 7 - Worked very hard and got a good goal, was surprised he was the one taken off.
Tomer 7 - Hit the bar early on (I think it was him?) and scored a penalty at the end. Other than that didn't notice him a great deal, but so what when he got the winner.

Rosenoir - 6.5 - Looked very bright when he came on, would like to see more of him.
JFC - 7 - Only time for one contribution but it was a significant one, lovely through ball for Lua Lua to win the penalty.
Ince - 6.5 - Should have come on 10 minutes earlier, helped regain a bit of control in the midfield when we were in danger of being overrun

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had a fiver on the draw, listened on the radio and thought Fulham were going to grab a late winner the way it was going, so I cashed out for £15, and put a fiver on over 2.5 goals at 6/1. THANKS TOMED!!!

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Stockdale - 8 Solid handling throughout, made one very good save.

Bong - 8 Class as always. Love the partnership with Kaz.

Hunemeier - 7 Didn't look good in the air which is worrying (although was up against a mountain of a striker). Played well other than that.

Greer - 8 Solid and did better in the air against Smith than Uwe did.

Bruno - 8 Again, solid. Very good assist too. Flicked the ball over a forwards head at one point (classic Bruno).

March - 7 Got into good positions, did well taking men on and played some good killer passes. Shots and crossing were awful though.

Kayal - 7 Not as good as he usually is but still decent.

Stephens - 7 Wasn't bad but most of are attacks were through the wings.

LuaLua - 8 Most of our attacks came down the left through him and Bong. Plus he won the penalty. Knackered and a bit lazy second half though.

Baldock - 8 Got into nice positions and good composure for the goal. Very nearly scored with a lovely little flick too.

Hemed - 7 Pretty anonymous really, balls into the box were always too long for him though to be fair to him. Would've been a 6 but scored the high pressure pen.

Subs:

Rosenior - 8 Can only judge from what i see and he was solid defensively and completely skinned a player high up the pitch.

JFC - 8 Again, solid defensively. Also assisted Kaz with a lovely pass to get the pen.

Ince - 7 Shored up the midfield.

Manager:

Hughton - 8 Was annoyed he got us playing so defensively for the last third but to be fair to him we had no decent attacking options on the bench so he was probably right to do this. And it got us the win!

:albion2:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought #hune was immense in the air today especially in the first half and to add his headers always seemed to find a team mate, someone suggesting Bruno should be dropped must be insane mom for me today. I guess we all see things differently.

I'm glad you put this, because when I saw 'erratic' I was staggered, I can only assume the poster doesn't like Bruno........ At least it wasn't Piltdown......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Clear as mud then.

For some people, some players could score a hat trick, give CPR to a pensioner on the touch line, pose for photos with all the kids who've them, and give out winning lottery tickets to everyone in the crowd, and still they'd give them 6 and say they weren't all that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The whole side played exceptionally well in the first half and dealt with Fulham high up the pitch and put in a real shift pressuring the ball. Very composed. Second half we tired significantly and passing become sloppy with the defence dropping deeper.

Stockdale - 8 - great save at 1-1, perhaps unsighted on the goal.
Bruno - 8.5 - great assist, set up chance for Hemed that hit the bar. Almost flawless in possession but one dodgy hoof invited pressure.
Greer - 7 - composed but really tested in the air.
BFG - 8 - similar to Greer but flyed into blocks and tackles superbly.
Bong - 7 - excellent 1st half, really exposed by lack of support second half. Good decision maker and suits 4-4-2.
Kayal - 6 - class first half, off the pace 2nd.
Stephens - 6 - See Kayal
Kaz - 7 - Always a threat and covered a lot of ground but looked out of steam from the 60 minute mark.
March - 6 - Had the beating of the full back all day but final ball very mixed. Got stuck in and seems to have built more body strength.
Baldock - 8 - By far his best game for us, a real pest and some lovely touches. Took his goal calmly. I can see him scoring a hatful with Zamora up top.
Hemed - 7 - Nice shot against the bar, composed penalty but another who faded significantly. Created a lot of space for Baldock and the wingers by occupying 2 defenders with good movement.

Subs - Perhaps a little late? All freshened us up and Caskey deserves special credit for his well weighted assist after some assured touches.

This is an excellent summary and pretty much how I saw it. Great first half, we should have sewn the game up. Sat back in the second half - agree we looked knackered, basically. Subs should have been made a bit earlier. The BFG looks real quality - seemed like every time there was a 50/50 ball he somehow came away with it and the Fulham player was on the floor in a heap. Reckon he is as hard as nails.

All that said, top of the league, 6 from 6, great atmosphere, lovely day out by the river :albion2:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Could tell that just from the radio - it was getting a bit desperate.

We just got overran in midfield as Kayal and Stephens started to tire, added to that both March and Kaz were spent at about 60 mins, we started to drop deeper and invite pressure on. As soon as Baldock (who was also knackered went off) and Ince came on we started getting on the ball again, and regained our composure.

March made a number of bad decisions today, though equally did some good things as well, but the more tired he got, the more sloppy he became and IMO Rosenoir should have been on at 60 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here