Dunk 6.5
Webster 5.5 Decent. Not an RdZ player. Never will be. Sorry
Baleba 6 - raw
Groß 6 - good 1st half. Needs a rest
Dahoud 7 - promising
Lallana 5.5 - rusty
Adingra 6.5
Mitoma 5.5 - utterly knackered. Please rest him
Fergie 6 - good goal. Was his illness Covid? Because he looks thoroughly lacking in fitness & strength

Gilmore 7
Fati 6
Pedro 7
Veltman 6.5
Buonanotte 6

RdZ 5 - we need to be ruthless & cruel to the likes of Fulham, not just pretty.
& Groß & (especially) Mitoma are knackered. Give em a rest, please x

Generally agree. I’d give higher ratings to:
Igor - 7
Dunk - 8 ran the show
Ferguson - 7 made a series of great runs that would’ve been in on goal first half, but Lallana and Gross fluffed straight forward passes.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gross worst game for a long time . He was worn out .
Pascal must be knackered physically and mentally, still gets a 7 . . . And another assist. A few mistakes, and more than a whiff of conserative decision making. Quite understandable. He works as hard as 2 players On average.

Mitoma is also shot. Needs a break, he's lost his edge.

Dahoud was the standout player for me, his best game so far.

Ferguson was outmuscled, amazing given his strength. The ref didn't help, he should be back at Worthing rugby club next week. Ferguson scored our only goal and took it well, never got shitty with the treatment he received. Very mature performance.

Igor played as well as Webster, with Dunk, which is encouraging

Buonanotte looks bang average at the moment which is frustrating.

Baleba starting to show as the new Biss/Caicedo . . . .

All in all some encouraging signs that the new guard are getting into the RDZ zone.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Generally agree. I’d give higher ratings to:
Igor - 7
Dunk - 8 ran the show
Ferguson - 7 made a series of great runs that would’ve been in on goal first half, but Lallana and Gross fluffed straight forward passes.
Agree but feel you're being a little generous!
Ferguson was bullied & knocked off the ball repeatedly today though. Wouldn't have happened pre Newcastle, I'm not blaming him but he's just not right atm

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
5-6s all round. Very sloppy second half. DeZ marked down for putting Buonanotte out wide (doesn’t work), and Groß had his worst game for ages. Not sure what’s up with Evan but he’s miles off where he was pre injury/illness. Ball is bouncing off him atm.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Surprised by low ratings for Lallana. Thought he was decent and the game swung in their favour when he came off
Yeah me too, thought he was quality and our performance noticably dropped dramatically as soon as he went off.

Steele - 6 - decent, goal not his fault.

Webster - 6 - solid enough.
Dunk - 6 - see above.
Igor - 7 - good game, really like him.

Adingra - 6 - meh.
Gross - 5 - worst game for ages but great assist still. Needs a rest.
Dahoud - 7 - classy, would like to see more of him.
Baleba - 6 - some good, some not very good.
Mitoma - 5 - poor by his standards. Had a lot of the ball and looked a bit clueless with it.

Lallana - 8 - good, my MOM. His touch and appreciation of space still better than anyone else at the club.

Ferguson - 6 - marked up 2 points for the outstanding finish - absolute shite apart from that and needs a rest, played too much football this year.

Subs:

Fati - 6 - meh.
Gilmour - 6 - ok but generally over rated on here when he plays as he looks busy.
Vetman - 6 - did what he does and should start every game when fit.
Buonanotte - 5 - pointless sub.
Pedro - 6 - comfortably our best attacker and like Veltman, should start every game when fit.

Last edited:

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Don’t agree with Ferguson comments. His minutes have been managed very carefully. That finish was world class as he took it so early. His hold up play was also decent. Not his fault that supply wasn’t great.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Don’t agree with Ferguson comments. His minutes have been managed very carefully. That finish was world class as he took it so early. His hold up play was also decent. Not his fault that supply wasn’t great.
Nor that he spent 80% of his time on the pitch being wrestled to the ground by a rugby league player.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Felt sorry today for the normally immaculate Gross. The amount of game time caught up with him and he looked seriously fatigued. Sadly his sloppy pass also led to the goal. I don't doubt the elbow to his head didn't help matters!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What hold up play? He got out muscled on too many occasions today. Despite the great goal is all round game looks a little off at the moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Steele - 6. Decent game. One great save at 1-0. Some iffy long kicks.

Webster - 7. His best showing for a while. Really unlucky not to score the winner. Promising
Dunk— 7. Typical top class Dunk. And finally a half-decent free kick!
Igor - 6. Excellent at LCB. Played a big part in our goal. But not great at LB after we reorganised.

Adingra - 6. Okay
Gross - 5. Good assist, but sloppy today. Maybe the forearm in the face left him a bit groggy.
Dahoud - 6.5 Better showing
Baleba - 6.5. Raw but his energy is much needed. Awful shooting, though.
Mitoma - 5. Worked hard, but ineffectual

Lallana - 8. Superb. Really missed him. And his inclusion meant we played the shape that works so, so much better, than two strikers.

Ferguson - 6.5. Beautiful finish. Quiet otherwise

Subs:

Fati - 6.5
Gilmour - 6
Vetman - 5
Buonanotte - 4.5

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Steele 8 - thought he made some good saves and played well
Igor 4
Dunk 7
Webster 7
Baleba 6
Groß 5
Dahoud 4
Lallana 8 - game changed when he came off
Adingra 5
Mitoma 5
Ferguson 4

Gilmour 5
Fati 5
Pedro 7
Veltman 6
Buonanotte 3

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
5-6s all round. Very sloppy second half. DeZ marked down for putting Buonanotte out wide (doesn’t work), and Groß had his worst game for ages. Not sure what’s up with Evan but he’s miles off where he was pre injury/illness. Ball is bouncing off him atm.
Fergie pre season was awful as well, and early in the season not great. Newcastle was his one complete game.

Tbh I don't mind as long as he's scoring. But at the moment he can't hold the ball up and his passing is not very good.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought that RDZ got the tactics spot on. Playing three at the back with an extra man in midfield, is a huge improvement, when the opposition are sitting back and looking to frustrate us. Maybe it was a Thursday night hangover, but the players probably should have won this.

Steele 6
You could make a fantastic reel of Steele with the ball at his feet, a showreel of saves would be harder. He was competent with a few straight forward saves and I don't think he had a chance with the goal 6​

Igor 6
I liked the back three thing​
Dunk 7

Webster 5
Was willing that header in. A plyaer in need of a confidence boost.​
Baleba 6
I am left footed, so tend to be more generous than someone who thinks right footed. Both Baleba and Buonanotte need coaching on receiving the ball. Especially back to goal, it is too obvious which way they will go based on their body shape. Veltman doesn't have much of a left foot, but uses it to good effect.​
Groß 5
Found myself constantly criticising him, which is not good. Carries the can for some dreadful short corner routines.​
Dahoud 8
Was this his best game for us so far. I think this system suits him.​
Lallana 7
Just knows when to try something different and is so disruptive to the opposition.​
Adingra 7
Creative and hard working​
Mitoma 6
Had the absolute beating of his fullback. Needed better service to really exploit this.​
Ferguson 5
Top quality finish, otherwise still work in progress. My suspicion based on nothing is that he may have had Glandular fever, rather than Covid.​
Fati - 5
We were looking for inspiration, it didn't come from here today.​
Gilmour 6
Steady enough​
Vetman 6
as per Gilmour​
Buonanotte 5
There is a good player in there. He is getting stronger. He maybe needs a run of games in the team to move to the next level. We can't really offer him that at the moment.​
Pedro 5
Right decision to bring him on. Movement good, quick feet on the ball. A joy to watch except when it really matters and the ball is moving in front of him in the penalty area.​

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Steele 7 No chance with the goal IMO
Dunk 7
Webster 7
Igor 7
Adringa 6
MItoma 7
Baleba 7
Gross 6
Mo 7
Lallana 9 MOTM Comfortably the best player on the pitch
Evan 8

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Steele - 6- Little to do. The fact the shot was taken so early and on the turn, gave him little chance

Webster - 6- Looks a much better player as the RCB in the back 3 doesn't he

Dunk - 8 - One of the best passers in the PL, in any position

Igor - 8 - Again, looks miles better in the centre than at full back. Terrific composure on the ball. Crippling lack of pace, exposed when he was put out wide

Gross - 3 - Looks knackered and was likely concussed. Needs his feet up this week

Baleba - 7 - Great for an hour, then looked exhausted. Understandably needs to get his futness up to play a full game

Dahoud - 7 - There's a player there. Some nice silky touches. His next stage is to produce something for us

Adringa - 6 - Too much defensive responsibility in the first half. That just isn't his game. He's a massive threat, let's not play him wing back

Lallana - 4- Odd one. Some beautiful turns and touches. But some horrible losses of possession. I understand he's rusty

Ferguson - 7 - Terrific finish. He's great off his weaker foot which is a massive credit to him. Continually fouled and to a degree that explains his struggles to hold it up. In training he should be doing nothing else all day every day. Steele knocks it into him, Dunky is over him like a rash, and he's got to hold it and find a pass

Mitoma - 7 - Not everything came off, but he had them terrified all game

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lallana - 4- Odd one. Some beautiful turns and touches. But some horrible losses of possession. I understand he's rus
We were watching a different game yesterday clearly. Lallana ran that game from Min 1 for us, its no coincidence we lost our way when he went off.
His touch and use of space was exceptional.

Often i wonder where people are sitting in the stadium with regards to what view and what they can see... ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We were watching a different game yesterday clearly. Lallana ran that game from Min 1 for us, its no coincidence we lost our way when he went off.
His touch and use of space was exceptional.

Often i wonder where people are sitting in the stadium with regards to what view and what they can see... ?
WSU :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here