No one was above an 8

No one was below a 6

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No one was above an 8

No one was below a 6

This. 9s and 10s (10 ?! WTF [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]) are laughable.

Sanchez made a couple of saves, looked composed but his long kicking wasn’t great. Solid 7 and would be very happy to see him start again. To get a 10 though he’d (or any other keeper) would need at least half a dozen exceptional saves and to have immaculate distribution. He didn’t have enough to do to get a 9 or 10. Likewise March - his crossing and decision making wasn’t worth a 9 IMO, but he had a reasonable game - one of our better players on the night.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This. 9s and 10s (10 ?! WTF [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]) are laughable.

Sanchez made a couple of saves, looked composed but his long kicking wasn’t great. Solid 7 and would be very happy to see him start again. To get a 10 though he’d (or any other keeper) would need at least half a dozen exceptional saves and to have immaculate distribution. He didn’t have enough to do to get a 9 or 10. Likewise March - his crossing and decision making wasn’t worth a 9 IMO, but he had a reasonable game - one of our better players on the night.

Exactly.

No one had an absolute stinker either.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez 8 - relief, we have a hard to beat keeper.
Lamptey 8
Webster 7
Dunk 7
White 8
March 8
Bissouma 8
Alzate 7
Trossard 4 - sorry, I thought he wasn’t at the races.
Lallana 8
Welbeck 3 - uncomposed dross, again.

Potter 8 - got most things right, not his fault our strikers are poor just now.

Can’t be arsed to rate the late subs.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What does Trossard have to do to have a stinker... Besides creating nothing positive all game long, perhaps he should have been more precise when passing to Fulham's forwards...

FFS FF1 :smile:

It's all about definition. We differ. You can have an average game, a poor game, a bad game or a stinker.

In my view, to have a stinker you don't even make the second half, you are that bad. The sort of player who, as a sub, is subbed. He doesn't do one think right and usually costs his team 1 or 3 points,

Anyway, it's no biggee. Unlike some of the games we have had this season, I thought the team played generally well. No one deserved to be knighted. No one deserves to be banished to Donald Trump's house in February.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Sanchez -8- good saves, calm and can actually kick it !
White -7- thought he was better 2nd half and tried to get forward down the right
Dunk -6- solid at the back and good to see him threatening from a set piece at last
Webster -6- unlucky with his header onto the bar but lucky his slip didn’t cost us
Lamptey -7- quiet but probably our biggest threat in the first half
March -8- covered the ground well and delivered some decent set pieces
Bisoumma -6- decent game in midfield but didn’t bring too much creativity
Alzate -6- good to see him back in the starting line up but didn’t have much impact
Trossard -4- really poor game, kept playing the ball across our goal to our defenders, which was dangerous and offered very little going forward.
Lallana -6- unluck his goal was ruled out but also played a great ball down the right which ended in a welbeck air shot
Welbeck -5- ran a lot but had one decent chance where he should have done better

Subs N/A

Potter -7- credit where credit is due, brought in the players we were all calling for, Sanchez and Alzate

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Sanchez 7

Webster 6
Dunk 6
White 6
Lamptey 6.5
Bissouma 7
March 7
Alzate 6
Lallana 6
Trossard 5
Wellbeck 5

Subs all 5

In isolation not a terrible point but if we don’t win at home on Sunday won’t be all that

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez 8.5 - MOTM - 3 great saves - good distribution - We lose without him - No justice if he loses the shirt
White 7 - Very good again - looks like a seasoned pro every time he plays.
Dunk 7 - Welcome back captain. Some leadership again - useful in both boxes. top stuff
Webster 7 - What can you do? That header goes in against us, you know it does...
Lamptey 7 - decent crosses, not quite the threat he was at first, but still absolute quality
Bissouma 7 - battled in a scrappy game
Alzate 6 - Did ok
March 8 - another strong performance, decent delivery, good in defence, awesome first time control when the ball was swung out to him. Anyone still slating him needs to **** off for good.
Lallana 6 - some ok stuff, good to see him put the ball away. But really not his sort of game today.
Welbeck 5 - I really like him. He makes us better, but....... that's 3 gilt edge chances now, that Murray would have buried... It's a problem.

Jahanbakhsh 5 - Not a game for him, surprised he was picked ahead of Maupay. If Trossard isn't getting enough time, then AJ isn't going to do any better. That one's on Potter.
Veltman 7 - So, so good. Experience, guile, grit, the whole package. Somehow he manages to wriggle out of the press and pick a forward pass when there isn't anything on.He's got to make it on the shortlist for Player of the season for me.

Trossard?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sanchez 8
White 7
Dunk 8
Webster 7
Lamptey 7
Bissouma 7
Alzate 7
March 8
Lallana 7
Trossard 6
Welbeck 6

Jahanbakhsh 6
Veltman 7
Gross 6

Sensible, balanced set of scores there matey [emoji106] Could argue one or two up or down a pip but in the right ballpark.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sanchez 8 - relief, we have a hard to beat keeper.
Lamptey 8
Webster 7
Dunk 7
White 8
March 8
Bissouma 8
Alzate 7
Trossard 4 - sorry, I thought he wasn’t at the races.
Lallana 8
Welbeck 3 - uncomposed dross, again.

Potter 8 - got most things right, not his fault our strikers are poor just now.

Can’t be arsed to rate the late subs.

Funny old game , Fulham recently beat Leicester and gave Liverpool a huge scare so getting a point there was not bad. We contained them and controlled them too many thinking that this should be a stroll in the park. We contained them by playing well. We carried Trossard for much of the game but he did play a few great balls. Disagree about manager, really think he got the subs wrong, Ali J is not good enough and we needed pace up front so had to be Connolly and/or Maupay to come on (unless the rift is so big that he will not play them).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sanchez 7.5 -- good debut, a couple of decent saves, reassuring presence in the box, and better range of distribution than Ryan
White 7 -- solid
Dunk 7 -- looking good again, should have done better with that header
Webster 7 -- one slip, one stunning break, a super header which was inches away
Lamptey 7 -- a threat
Bissouma 7 -- did what he does
Alzate 5 -- meh
March 9 MotM -- constant threat
Lallana 5 -- meh
Welbeck 4.5 -- good running, but had to score from that chance

Jahanbakhsh 5
Veltman 7
Gross n/a

Defenders did well then, attackers didn't

Were you on holiday for the Spurs game? :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Funny old game , Fulham recently beat Leicester and gave Liverpool a huge scare so getting a point there was not bad. We contained them and controlled them too many thinking that this should be a stroll in the park. We contained them by playing well. We carried Trossard for much of the game but he did play a few great balls. Disagree about manager, really think he got the subs wrong, Ali J is not good enough and we needed pace up front so had to be Connolly and/or Maupay to come on (unless the rift is so big that he will not play them).

Funnily enough, subs policy was why I didn’t give GP higher ... they were made too late.

Regarding Connolly and Maupay, all our strikers are out of form. I can also see why he’d not want to give away our control of the game, 5 in midfield worked, we could quite easily have lost to a late sucker punch .... which would’ve been horrific for so many reasons.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sanchez 8 - Shots on target against us being saved, I’ve not seen that for a while.
White 7 - The best of our defenders again.
Dunk 6 - Assured at the back but marked down for three missed chances. Can’t see him scoring in a million years.
Webster 7 - A better effort on goal than Dunk but still didn’t score. Nice passing and solid at the back except for a slip.
Lamptey 6 - He was average compared to his normal high standards.
March 8 - MoM. Some lovely moves, looked dangerous and got us plenty of corners.
Bissouma 7 - Did his job of dominating the midfield in general.
Alzate 6 - He did ok but no real attacking threat.
Trossard 5 - He has lost form now. Such a shame. His shooting is worse than Dunks!
Lallana 6 - Needs to play at a higher pace, not quite fit enough methinks.
Welbeck 5 - Needed a rest this game, will get it on Sunday now. Like the rest of the team, couldn’t hit a bar door with a banjo.

Potter 7 - He is not a lucky manager. That counts for a lot unfortunately. However, he seems to have solved the goal conceding issues for now. He is going to need all his experience to convince players that they can score (I don’t think any of them believe they can anymore). I blame the Man Utd game which was one of our best performances ever and with the luck Villa had against Liverpool in their 7-1, we’d have won 8-1; our players confidence in front of goal has been destroyed.
If Potter can get us scoring again, we’ll be headed for top 10 next season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez 8 - Shots on target against us being saved, I’ve not seen that for a while.
White 7 - The best of our defenders again.
Dunk 6 - Assured at the back but marked down for three missed chances. Can’t see him scoring in a million years.
Webster 7 - A better effort on goal than Dunk but still didn’t score. Nice passing and solid at the back except for a slip.
Lamptey 6 - He was average compared to his normal high standards.
March 8 - MoM. Some lovely moves, looked dangerous and got us plenty of corners.
Bissouma 7 - Did his job of dominating the midfield in general.
Alzate 6 - He did ok but no real attacking threat.
Trossard 5 - He has lost form now. Such a shame. His shooting is worse than Dunks!
Lallana 6 - Needs to play at a higher pace, not quite fit enough methinks.
Welbeck 5 - Needed a rest this game, will get it on Sunday now. Like the rest of the team, couldn’t hit a bar door with a banjo.

Potter 7 - He is not a lucky manager. That counts for a lot unfortunately. However, he seems to have solved the goal conceding issues for now. He is going to need all his experience to convince players that they can score (I don’t think any of them believe they can anymore). I blame the Man Utd game which was one of our best performances ever and with the luck Villa had against Liverpool in their 7-1, we’d have won 8-1; our players confidence in front of goal has been destroyed.
If Potter can get us scoring again, we’ll be headed for top 10 next season.

Against Liverpool and Villa we were very lucky.

Good ratings. I hope Welbeck starts on Sunday. He’s had a poor couple of games but i have more faith in him to come good than Connolly or Maupay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here