Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Fulham (a)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Against Liverpool and Villa we were very lucky.

Good ratings. I hope Welbeck starts on Sunday. He’s had a poor couple of games but i have more faith in him to come good than Connolly or Maupay.

Very Lucky?

Two correctly given penalties in games we were very much in at all times.

If that's your definition of Very Lucky what would you call United's win at the Amex?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whoscored ratings:

Sanchez - 7.9

White - 7.1
Dunk - 7.3
Webster - 8.2

Lamptey - 6.2
Bissouma - 6.9
Alzate - 6.6
March - 7.2

Lallana - 6.0
Trossard - 6.9

Welbeck - 6.2

Veltman / Gross - 6.0
Ali J - 5.9

Sofascore

Sanchez - 7.9

White - 7.4
Dunk - 7.8
Webester - 7.9

Lamptey - 6.6
Bissouma - 7.2
Alzate - 6.7
March - 7.0

Lallana - 6.2
Trossard - 7.3

Welbeck - 6.1

Veltman 6.3
Gross 6.5
Ali J 6.5

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez 7 Not a lot to do and distribution needs to improve but seems to make the defenders more confident especially at set pieces.
Lamptey 7 Seems to have been sussed out. Doesn't seem to be as effective as earlier in the season. Still good though.
White 7.5 Thought he played really well.
Dunk 7 Getting back to his best in our half. Missed some chances though.
Webster 7.5 looked good in defence and attack. The odd bad pass and not fair to blame him for slipping.
Bissouma 8 Was really concerned when he went down in 1st half as I don't think we have anyone like for like. Seems to have more time than others and always, when he looks to have lost the ball, he just stretches and makes a pass. Very good player and we will struggle to keep him.
Alzate 7 For a first start in a long time, he did very well. Midfield looked better with him in it. Will improve if allowed to start more games.
March 7 If only.... Some great touches and crosses and some poor ones. Works so hard and does well defensively.
Trossard 4 On this performance it supports the opinion he should only ever be a sub and never for away games. Just seems to be not bothered. Clearly skilfull but I would prefer to see the Swiss kid get a start in his place.
Lallana 7.5 Great to see him play nearly the whole game. Real class.
Welbeck 6 Works hard off the ball but was poor on the ball. some poor first touches and an instinctive goal scorer would have got a couple from his chances. We must find one from within or sign one very soon or we will go down.

Subs
Veltman 7 Another class act and a great signing.
Gross 6 Didn't do much
Ali J 6 Didn't do much. Would have liked him to replace Trossard at half time but then again, Trossard took the corners that we nearly scored from.........

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sanchez 8.5 - MOTM - 3 great saves - good distribution - We lose without him - No justice if he loses the shirt
White 7 - Very good again - looks like a seasoned pro every time he plays.
Dunk 7 - Welcome back captain. Some leadership again - useful in both boxes. top stuff
Webster 7 - What can you do? That header goes in against us, you know it does...
Lamptey 7 - decent crosses, not quite the threat he was at first, but still absolute quality
Bissouma 7 - battled in a scrappy game
Alzate 6 - Did ok
March 8 - another strong performance, decent delivery, good in defence, awesome first time control when the ball was swung out to him. Anyone still slating him needs to **** off for good.
Lallana 6 - some ok stuff, good to see him put the ball away. But really not his sort of game today.
Welbeck 5 - I really like him. He makes us better, but....... that's 3 gilt edge chances now, that Murray would have buried... It's a problem.

Jahanbakhsh 5 - Not a game for him, surprised he was picked ahead of Maupay. If Trossard isn't getting enough time, then AJ isn't going to do any better. That one's on Potter.
Veltman 7 - So, so good. Experience, guile, grit, the whole package. Somehow he manages to wriggle out of the press and pick a forward pass when there isn't anything on.He's got to make it on the shortlist for Player of the season for me.

Like your scores and comments. Would just add I thought Biss was 8, such class esply first half; you didn't score Trossard, correct! apart from his one good pass to March; GP got the attacking sub very wrong, this was a game for Maups or Connolly, not AJ.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Bissouma was MoM for me - completely ran everything. Won the ball back and distributed well. Looked different class. Sadly Alzate was way below what he can do. Always on the wrong side of his man and didn’t do anything like what he was doing early season. I hope he gets game time to get back to where he was.
Welbeck - he is there because he scores chances like that - he can’t be missing them!
Sanchez made at least two saves that I don’t think Ryan would have done (on present form) and that saved the point for us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sanchez 8 - Shots on target against us being saved, I’ve not seen that for a while.
White 7 - The best of our defenders again.
Dunk 6 - Assured at the back but marked down for three missed chances. Can’t see him scoring in a million years.
Webster 7 - A better effort on goal than Dunk but still didn’t score. Nice passing and solid at the back except for a slip.
Lamptey 6 - He was average compared to his normal high standards.
March 8 - MoM. Some lovely moves, looked dangerous and got us plenty of corners.
Bissouma 7 - Did his job of dominating the midfield in general.
Alzate 6 - He did ok but no real attacking threat.
Trossard 5 - He has lost form now. Such a shame. His shooting is worse than Dunks!
Lallana 6 - Needs to play at a higher pace, not quite fit enough methinks.
Welbeck 5 - Needed a rest this game, will get it on Sunday now. Like the rest of the team, couldn’t hit a bar door with a banjo.

Potter 7 - He is not a lucky manager. That counts for a lot unfortunately. However, he seems to have solved the goal conceding issues for now. He is going to need all his experience to convince players that they can score (I don’t think any of them believe they can anymore). I blame the Man Utd game which was one of our best performances ever and with the luck Villa had against Liverpool in their 7-1, we’d have won 8-1; our players confidence in front of goal has been destroyed.
If Potter can get us scoring again, we’ll be headed for top 10 next season.

Agree re scores, defence going in the right direction, serious work needed up front. Luck shouldn't come into it. ruthless clinicality is whats required.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Funny old game , Fulham recently beat Leicester and gave Liverpool a huge scare so getting a point there was not bad. We contained them and controlled them too many thinking that this should be a stroll in the park. We contained them by playing well. We carried Trossard for much of the game but he did play a few great balls. Disagree about manager, really think he got the subs wrong, Ali J is not good enough and we needed pace up front so had to be Connolly and/or Maupay to come on (unless the rift is so big that he will not play them).

Yep, agree with that. Definitely should have brought on Maups or Connolly (and EARLIER) as this scrappy game was for them, certainly not AJ, and not really Welbeck. I don't think there's a huge rift or shirley they wouldn't be on the bench even?
For me... Maupay and Connolly back in for Sheffield Utd please.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sanchez - 8 Look composed and a couple of great saves. The defenders seemed to play with more confidence with big Rob between the sticks

Lamptey - 7
Webster - 7 Much improved performance (see Sanchez)
Dunk - 7 Best game for some while (see Sanchez) but he did miss a couple
White - 7
March - 6.5

Alzate - 7
Bissouma - 8 (MOTM) My worry is that he really is too good for us and he will be off to one of Europes top teams before the start of next season
Lallana - 5 Didn't really seem to be at the races - but at least he didn't go off injured

Trossard - 4 No real threat. Maupay or Connolly for me every time.
Welbeck - 3 Missing sitters. There was a reason he got no game time for a club relegated last year. He is not the answer to our goalscoring woes

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 8
Dunk - 8
Webster - 8
White - 7
Lamptey - 6
March - 7
Bissouma - 7
Alzate - 6 - very light, needs games
Trossard - 4 - very poor IMO
Lallana - 6
Welbeck - 6

Subs - n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't get the low scores for Alzate, always busy in midfield, never let them settle.great to have him back in there.

Thought he did very little - pushed off the ball way too easily. Needs games. Average for me, but was contemplating a lower score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m surprised at how high many of these are to be honest. Failed to put away a very poor Fulham side who looked knackered from their cup final against Liverpool. Woefully lacking pace and quality in final third.

Sanchez - 7.5 - reassuring in a way Maty isn’t
Lamptey - 6 - willing but no quality in final third
March - 6 - willing but no quality in final third
White - 7 - looked composed
Dunk - 6 - strong at the back, but woeful finishing
Webster - 6 nice to see a header from a corner on goal (first one all season). Solid but passing quality average.
Bissouma - 7 - early POTS for me, but too many passes astray lost our rhythm, especially first half.
Alzate - 6 - looked to still be getting up to speed
Lallana - 6 - looked to still be getting up to speed
Trossard - 4 - no end product at all
Welbeck - 4 - had a good 10-15 minutes at the start of the second half. Otherwise lacking in quality, and another very poor miss.

AJ - 3 - looked like he’d won a competition to get 10 minutes in a Premier League game
Gross - 2 - did he have concussion? Very odd cameo.
Veltman - 6 - neat and tidy as usual, without being spectacular.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
His crossing and shooting is, and always has been, woeful.

Disallowed goal last night was from his cross.
Dunk's header on target was from his corner.

In a game of a handful of chances, two of the best came from his pass into the box.

But yeah "no quality in the final third"

I see you have said the same for Lamptey.
Maybe you missed his cross that Welbeck missed?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez 8 -- Not much to do but two good saves. Deserves a run in the side now.
White 8 -- MOM for me, great covering some important tackles and even got to the byline a couple of times.
Dunk 7.5 - Much better than of late unlucky with header.
Webster 7.5 -- Decent in the main, slip/bad decision which could've been costly apart decent return
Lamptey 7 -- Quieter game for the little man, defensively he worries me sometimes but when he breaks with the ball wow.
Bissouma 8-- Very good for an hour broke up everything they did, tired a little which was understandable.
Alzate 7 -- Very good 1st half, worked very hard, looked a little short of match fitness but good shift.
March 8 -- Another who was decent 1st half, faded but offered some good moments and crosses
Lallana 6 -- Excellent in spells but looked a bit of the pace in others especially as the game wore on. Lacking match sharpness
Welbeck 5 -- Been a fan but we have to take more chances, had two clear cut chances in two games and made a mess of both. Worked hard but he's judged on goals
Trossard 4- Exactly the performance that frustrates me. Odd decent touch, odd misplaced pass but mostly just not involved.

Jahanbakhsh 5 - Didn't see much ball, didn't do much with what he had.
Veltman 7 - Professional, assured.
Gross 5 - Struggled to get into it late on.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
March 7 mom for me
Sanchez 7
Lllllalllllannna 7
Biss 7
Webby 6.75

Rest 6
But Tross 5

Special mention for ref, I thought he was excellent..8

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Disallowed goal last night was from his cross.
Dunk's header on target was from his corner.

In a game of a handful of chances, two of the best came from his pass into the box.

But yeah "no quality in the final third"

I see you have said the same for Lamptey.
Maybe you missed his cross that Welbeck missed?

Maybe my standards are too high, but I consider being able to take a half decent corner the bare minimum for a premier league footballer. We consistently get in good positions and fail to create chances, from too many touches or just a lack of composure. Our standard move ends with an opportunity to pick out someone in the box but instead hitting the first defender or pulling it back to no one. Mostly defenders put it out for corners, knowing we never score from those either. It’s infuriating, but the players who can get in the positions AND have the composure to consistently pick out their man get paid the really big bucks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here