amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 7 Clean sheet
White 8 Very good
Dunk 9 Outstanding
Webster 8 Very good
Veltman 7 Good
Burn 7 Good
Bissouma 8 Very good and again no big mistakes or silly fouls. Now accept only gets 1 in 10 shots on target
Gross 7 Good game
Trossard 8 Accept he should have scored but a constant danger. On another day he would have had 3 assists
Welbeck 8 What more to say then getting penalty and scoring
Maupay 7 Missed another good chance but overall was a constant nuisance to defence

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez 7 - Not a lot to do but did it well. I was getting very worried in that spell when we kept conceding corners but he and his defence coped superbly.
White 8 - Loved his forward runs and defended well too!
Dunk 9 - Faultless and a bonus for the chest pass!
Webster 7 - We missed him!
Veltman 7 - What a signing. One missed chance but contributes so much.
Gross 7 - Mr reliable. Rarely has a bad game and took the pen well.
Bissouma -7.5 The ball seems attached to his feet sometimes. You think he's lost it but then sticks out a leg and makes a good pas. JUST DON'T LET HIM SHOOT:)
Burn- 7.5 Defensively, one of his best games for us .He seemed to win almost every header at their corners. Also good going forwards. He did give the ball away a couple of times in the first half so not an 8.
Trossard -6.5 Some great skill. I thought that the ref was harsh on him at times but a very bad miss.
Maupay - 6 Works so hard holding up and closing down. If only he could score 20 a season,he would be our £30 million striker.
Welbeck - 8.5 Brilliant skill for the goal. Would have had another if Maupay had let it run to him but a very good all round performance .Please sign him for another season.

Ali J -7.5 Deserves a start. Perhaps in place of Maupay?
Moder + Ali Mac Not on long enough as usual.
I do hate these 85th to 90th minute substitutions surely the ref just adds more time on anyway. I suppose it can disrupt the game but for Mac, we had a corner.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez 7 - Not a lot to do but did it well. I was getting very worried in that spell when we kept conceding corners but he and his defence coped superbly.
White 8 - Loved his forward runs and defended well too!
Dunk 9 - Faultless and a bonus for the chest pass!
Webster 7 - We missed him!
Veltman 7 - What a signing. One missed chance but contributes so much.
Gross 7 - Mr reliable. Rarely has a bad game and took the pen well.
Bissouma -7.5 The ball seems attached to his feet sometimes. You think he's lost it but then sticks out a leg and makes a good pas. JUST DON'T LET HIM SHOOT:)
Burn- 7.5 Defensively, one of his best games for us .He seemed to win almost every header at their corners. Also good going forwards. He did give the ball away a couple of times in the first half so not an 8.
Trossard -6.5 Some great skill. I thought that the ref was harsh on him at times but a very bad miss.
Maupay - 6 Works so hard holding up and closing down. If only he could score 20 a season,he would be our £30 million striker.
Welbeck - 8.5 Brilliant skill for the goal. Would have had another if Maupay had let it run to him but a very good all round performance .Please sign him for another season.

Ali J -7.5 Deserves a start. Perhaps in place of Maupay?
Moder + Ali Mac Not on long enough as usual.
I do hate these 85th to 90th minute substitutions surely the ref just adds more time on anyway. I suppose it can disrupt the game but for Mac, we had a corner.

Makes me think of a phrase to do with grannies, balls and grandads

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
6 - average

Sanchez - 6
White - 7
Dunk - 9
Webster - 6
Veltman - 7
Burn - 7
Bissouma - 8
Gross - 7
Trossard - 5 - careless, poor finishing, poor decision making. Sorry [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION]
Maupay - 4 - so disappointed with him today. Worked hard, but even outside the box he was clumsy
Welbeck - 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seen the highlights on MotD. Think you're being really harsh on both Maupay and Trossard, and that you're basing your scores on their two bad misses. They were both very involved. Maupay won the free kick that led to the penalty, was a menace in the build up to Welbeck's goal, played Tross through for an early chance. Tross started well, also set up Biss for that bad miss. I don't think that either was sub-standard.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just seen the highlights on MotD. Think you're being really harsh on both Maupay and Trossard, and that you're basing your scores on their two bad misses. They were both very involved. Maupay won the free kick that led to the penalty, was a menace in the build up to Welbeck's goal, played Tross through for an early chance. Tross started well, also set up Biss for that bad miss. I don't think that either was sub-standard.

The thing is the as you say they are highlights and the game is played over 90 mins not 7 or 8.

Actually to be fair, when I watched MOTD I think perhaps Trossard was worth a 6, as he seemed more with it in the second half.

However the last two games he has dropped off again and IMO His level of consistency needs to improve.

I really thought Maupay was dreadful, even the bit I’ve thought he wasn’t too bad at (outside the box), he did badly. Overhit passes, poor control. Anyone can be a menace and the second goal although he was following up/pressuring (if he wasn’t you’d ask why) Leeds really gave us the chance....

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
We’ve earned it every season, to say anything different is nonsense. You finish where you deserve.

Our excellent first half of the season saved us in season 2.

This season we’ve played well but can’t finish, hence we’re not top 12.....

Still hopeful of 43 points which would be pleasing.

Think you’ve got your blue and white specs on if you really think we were excellent in the first half of season 2?

We ground out three very lucky 1-0 wins on the trot and were pretty dire for most of that half too. We just got even worse in the second half.....

I was a big fan of Hughton but another season like that would have had me contemplating giving it all up.

Thank god for Potter. I’ve had my doubts but it’s 100% better watching this team...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think you’ve got your blue and white specs on if you really think we were excellent in the first half of season 2?

We ground out three very lucky 1-0 wins on the trot and were pretty dire for most of that half too. We just got even worse in the second half.....

I was a big fan of Hughton but another season like that would have had me contemplating giving it all up.

Thank god for Potter. I’ve had my doubts but it’s 100% better watching this team...

Not at all.

There is more than one way of playing football, I would say some of those 1-0 wins were a masterclass in defensive structure, so excellent.

I wouldn’t say the three goals vs Utd were defensive either. Granted the second half was poor, which is why we should thankful for the start which effectively saved us.

I think Potter has now got a better balance between defence and attack, and we look ready to finally progress (forward signing pending ��).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here