Dunk 8.5 MotM -- imperious
Webster 7 -- solid
Veltman 7 -- ditto, bad miss
Gross 7 -- calm, stuck it away well
Bissouma 7 -- bad miss
Burn 7 -- also solid
Trossard 6 -- inventive, bad miss, gave away too many silly fouls
Maupay 6 -- does everything well, including bad misses
Welbeck 8.5 -- just pipped to it by Dunky, a real threat down the left particularly in the second half, won a pen, and two amazing touches for the goal

Ali J 7.5 -- inventive
Moder + Ali Mac n/a

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 6
White - 7
Dunk - 9
Webster - 6
Veltman - 7
Burn - 7
Bissouma - 8
Gross - 7
Trossard - 5 - careless, poor finishing, poor decision making. Sorry [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION]
Maupay - 4 - so disappointed with him today. Worked hard, but even outside the box he was clumsy
Welbeck - 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Trossard was our best player for the first, important, 20 mins :shrug:

I am astounded that having secured PL survival some want to slag off players. The whole team was immense, calm and brilliantly coached. We won that game well and the game management, so often criticised this season was top notch. The pressure was immense and I am going to laud every single player

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Sanchez - 7: calming influence
Veltman - 6: marshalled leeds well all day, minus a point for that miss
Dunk - 8: utter class. Skipper's performance
Webster - 7: great passing
White - 8: glad we kept him
Burn - 7: was everywhere today
Bissouma - 7: broke up Leeds's rhythm so so well. But please, stop shooting.
Groß - 7: did what he usually does and put the penalty away very well
Trossard - 5: very involved, worked really hard but that miss was simply disgraceful
Maupay - 5.5: great pressing for the second, but he is so unbelievably out of confidence in front of goal that it hurts
Welbeck - 9 MOTM: Made the difference for us today, won the pen and showed a sublime touch of class for the second.

Subs:
AJ - 6.5: did well, actually
Moder N/A
Mac N/A

Potter - 8: set us up fantastically to beat them, that's now the double for the season over the Messiah Bielsa.

Ref - 8: Quiet game and got the big call spot on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Trossard was our best player for the first, important, 20 mins :shrug:

I am astounded that having secured PL survival some want to slag off players. The whole team was immense, calm and brilliantly coached. We won that game well and the game management, so often criticised this season was top notch. The pressure was immense and I am going to laud every single player

It’s a ratings thread Icy. If you thought they were all 10s fair enough. I didn’t.

GP did a great job this week and outcoached Bielsa for the second time.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sanchez 7 - A slightly dodgy punch but otherwise immaculate.
White 8 - Loved his runs forward as Leeds players parted in wonder.
Dunk 9 - Need a goal for the ‘10’ in arguable his best performance of the season.
Webster 8 - Great positioning and great header to panic the Leeds defence prior to the Welbz goal.
Veltman 8 - Really solid and some great passing and skills. Awful shot but that’s forgivable for a defender.
Groß 7 - Seemed calm and controlled. Lovely Groß turn in the first half and did well to score the penalty after the keeper picked it.
Bissouma 9 - In control the whole match. I’ll forgive him the awful shot.
Burn 8 - Brilliant defensive headers, a superb cross and stunning positional play made him a real pain for Leeds. Some great defensive work on the flanks too.
Trossard 6 - Average game for him. Another off day after Sheff Utd. Ali J or The Mac should replace him for Wolves.
Maupay 6 - Can’t fault his attitude, running or commitment but his shooting seems to have completely left him. Now we are safe, Zeqiri or Connolly need a chance ahead of him.
Welbeck 9 MoM - Team player stuck out wide for a lot of the match but that ‘pull down & Groß turn’ plus shot killed Leeds and got him my man of the match award.

Ali J 8 - Did very well. Really nice passing and ideas. Helped us push forward when Leeds were trying to apply pressure.
Moder - Good but not on for enough time.
The Mac - Same.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Missed first half but thought Tross looked very good second.

Glad AJ getting some recognition as he did play very well for 15 mins...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maupay and Trossard 9.
Everybody else 8.5.

I’m feeling contrary, but thinking they’re both being unfairly picked on. ...... particularly Trossard, who I thought did well today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 7 - not too many complicated actions and some poor distribution but very safe and commanding.

White 8 - gave away the ball too easily a few times in first half but overall very solid and unusually lively, just like last time against Leeds.
Dunk 8 - close to a 9, great game from him and completely removed Bamford.
Webster 8 - getting back to the level before his injury, class player.

Veltman 7 - had a pretty chill day compared to the other defenders but was good as usual.
Bissouma 8 - too many sloppy ball losses in first half but really good second. Going to be very difficult to replace him.
Gross 7 - couldnt cope with the Leeds midfield in first half but better in the second, pretty standard performance from him overall.
Burn 9 - won numerous headers when it was absolutely vital that he did, also defended well generally over the game and had a couple of good crosses.

Trossard 7 - bit of a rollercoaster as usual, being great for 20 minutes and then completely invisible for 20, rinse and repeat.

Maupay 7 - quite poor in first half but in second when he was obviously told to drop down lower and give the midfield additional support, his work rate and reading of the game helped the team.
Welbeck 9 - not just the goal (which was obviously nice) but also his overall performance was really nice to see

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A comfortable 2-0, Premier League, HOME win - why the navel gazing?

Give'um all 9, wipe your face and move on.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Sanchez 7 - Was not tested with a difficult save but did not put a foot wrong. Interesting he went for the long clearance all game to beat the press, good distribution.
White 7 - Good runs forward and solid performance at the back. Would have been a 10 if he scored after storming forward. Interesting that Leeds seemed to part the waves for him, still a team favourite :)
Dunk 9 - Was not tested as much as we were really never under siege, but he did not put a foot wrong and loved the chest down.
Webster 7 - Got caught with the ball once that put us under pressure, but love his runs forward to relieve the pressure of the press, protects the ball really well.
Veltman 8 - He really leaves his body in to make sure the other side know they were in a game doesn't he? Very strong.
Groß 7 - Great penalty and hope he is back as our designated taker as this has been a issue, love the turns and did a sold shift as always.
Bissouma 7 - Played his usual break up and tackling role as well as ever, but struggled to keep the ball when Leeds got their tail up, shot was awful but not an easy one.
Burn 8 - Thought that was one of his better games this year, great defensive work, strong headers and broke up what could have been very dangerous attacks.
Trossard 6 - Was great the first half, but after his miss got frustrated and it showed. Thought the ref did make a couple dodgy calls against him but he let is show.
Maupay 6 - His pressing and fighting for the ball creates a lot of chances, including Wellbeck's, and I can see how Potter does not wan to take him off. However his shooting and confidence are shot.
Welbeck 9 MoM - As much as his Gross turn and shot deserves the rating on its own, he harassed them all game, played a solid defensive shift and should have had two assists :bowdown:

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
6 - average

Sanchez - 6
White - 7
Dunk - 9
Webster - 6
Veltman - 7
Burn - 7
Bissouma - 8
Gross - 7
Trossard - 5 - careless, poor finishing, poor decision making. Sorry [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION]
Maupay - 4 - so disappointed with him today. Worked hard, but even outside the box he was clumsy
Welbeck - 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanchez 'average' for keeping another clean sheet. Wow you're a hard task master.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sanchez 7 -- Not a lot to do did it well.
White 8 -- Energetic and part of an imperious back three
Dunk 8. Didn't put a foot wrong
Webster 7.5 -- same really solid.
Veltman 7 -- Decent but joined the missed chance club
Gross 7 -- Heart of the performance, nice pen looked a bit leggy 2nd half.
Bissouma 7 -- Can't shoot to save his life but everywhere as usual.
Burn 7 -- I don't want to mark him down and he didn't make any big errors but looks an accident waiting to happen at LWB
Trossard 7 -- Usual mixed bag
Maupay 7.5 -- Excellent worked so hard but the same story in front of goal.
Welbeck 8.5 -- Two major contributions to the win. My MOM

Subs not really on long enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here