Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Cheltenham

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Who is Harris listed as a sub. Youth team or development team or whatever they're called .... or did we sign someone but no one told the fans??

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stockdale - 6 did what he had to do , quite like the way he passes to one of our players rather than constant bombardment of the touchlines
Chicksen -6 Lots of effort got forward a fair bit still a little lightweight
Greer - 7 Quite a good game got forward more than usual one dodgey moment .
Calderon - 7 Gotta love the bloke did'nt put a foot wrong
Bruno - 5 could of cost us a goal twice by thinking he is Messi in our half of the pitch .
Kemy + his imaginary friend - 5 I can only think he has one on the pitch who he keeps trying to pass to .
JFC - 5 bit dissapointing to be honest , has not really kicked on as i thought he may .
Ince - 7 did well made himself available for stockdale and we kept the ball better from goalkicks in return .
O Grady -6 Although he didnt really get into the game i quite like the look of him , time will tell
CMS -6 Usual passion and chasing down everything he still looks a little off the pace but he is getting there

Lualua --7 Instant impact even before he kicked a ball , Cheltenham changed their shape and defended 10 yards deeper as a unit when he came on , we dominated after this .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bit worrying that we took until the 89th minute to score against a League 2 team .... but at least a better result than a year ago vs Newport County.

We scored 10 minutes earlier than that.

Stockdale 7 very vocal, good with his feet
Bruno 6
Calderon 7 kept trying to create openings
Ince 6
Greer 7
Dunk 7 well taken goal
Agustien 5
Chicksen 6
O'Grady 6
Mackail-Smith 6 his first touch is still awful but a well timed goal
Forster-Caskey 5

LuaLua 7 livened up the game
Maksimenko not enough time
Fenelon not enough time

It took patience to break Cheltenham down but we did eventually.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Ince was my motm closely followed by Dunk and Greer. Seemed to take on 3 players on a number of occasions and always calmly came out with the ball. The gulf between him and certain other midfielders who have played premier league was astounding.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Stockdale - distribution good
Chicksen-better than soton but please keep running when you are flying up the wing
Greer- worthy mom
Dunk_good goal and good defending
Calderon- looked keen (damming with faint praise)
Ince- solid but stolid
KFC- why are you taking our set pieces?
Bruno-I can see what Sammi is trying to do wiyh you but it only worked a couple of times
Agustein-?
CMS- his running is looking good
COD- Sorry I don't agree I thought he was awful.

A rubbish game against a rubbish team until KLL came on

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't like to lambast players but.....Agestein, Chicksen & Forster Caskey just don't have the quality we desperately need..... Bruno and Calderon are starting to look really quite past it..... On the plus side while OGrady appears a trolley....I am warming to him - decent control and has played others through/flicked on some decent balls. Needs a goal though. CMS does not look anywhere near a 2/3 mill player but there were a few glimpses of quality this evening, if we can pass him the through balls he desperately needs. We are so over reliant on Kaz now it's shocking. Early days though. I enjoyed the last 20 mins.

Generally agree with what you are saying there. Except I thought Chicksen played quite well tonight. I sat in the west tonight, and if I'm honest, I didn't really notice him that much in the first half but I thought he played well, particularly with KLL in the second half. Greer played very well but KLL was the game changer.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
"Kemy + his imaginary friend - 5 I can only think he has one on the pitch who he keeps trying to pass to ."

You now owe me for a computer monitor which has been soaked by spat out coffee !

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stockdale 6
Calderon 6
Chicksen 6
Greer 6
Dunk 7
Ince 7
Bruno 4
JFC 4
Agustien 1
COG 5
CMS 5

KLL 7

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stockdale 6
Calderon 6
Chicksen 6
Greer 7
Dunk 6
Ince 5
Bruno 6
Forster-Caskey 3
Agustein 2
O'Grady 5
Mackail-Smith 5

LuaLua 7

Entertainment value 3/10

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Missed the game due to last minute family issues but commentary on player certainly praised Chicksen. If so I'm really pleased for him. General opinion during pre-season was that he's not developing as well as we hoped but a good performance can lead to better confidence. That can make all the difference.

Re Greer, I thought he was one of the stand out performances vs Wednesday. Nearly scored and nearly assisted as well. Would love him to prove the doubters wrong and clearly has respect for SH.

I'm a great GG fan as well, (although no doubt l will now get mullared for saying so). I think he is commanding at the back, has a calming influence on the team, rarely puts in a below average performance, and is a great leader too.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'll happily put up with the muppets marking CMS a 5 everytime he is given 90 minutes and scores a goal.

CMS really divides opinion. There are those that see all the running and decide there is no end product and that he is a headless chicken and there are others who see a little bit more.
By scurrying up and down the opposition back line looking for scraps he is sowing those little moments of self-doubt into defenders minds. They are looking for him out of the corner of their eyes. They have a fraction less time on the ball and eventually someone, somewhere will make a mistake. And that could change a game.
He is a pick pocket, looking for a half chance. Sometimes, a lot of effort has to go in to create one mistake but eventually it happens. He is capable of scoring glorious goals and fluffing straightforward chances but then so are most strikers. He has a scruffy first touch at times but then he will produce a majestic drag-back and you think...wow...where did that come from? Its all part of his enigmatic make-up. He is a confidence player. On his game, his touch is assured and he knows where the goal is. Out of touch and he can't trap a bag of cement or hit a barn door from three paces.
Very few players get 35 goals in a season in pro football. He has done it. It doesn't matter whether it was at the third tier, its still a decent level. He must have been doing something right and those around him must have been giving him the right service. He got on a run and kept going.
I don't believe we have seen the best of CMS? I don't believe we have played to his strengths? I don't believe he has been managed properly in the past and this has undermined his confidence and I do believe that there still a regular goalscorer there waiting to burst out?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 6 did what he had to do , quite like the way he passes to one of our players rather than constant bombardment of the touchlines
Chicksen -6 Lots of effort got forward a fair bit still a little lightweight
Greer - 7 Quite a good game got forward more than usual one dodgey moment .
Calderon - 7 Gotta love the bloke did'nt put a foot wrong
Bruno - 5 could of cost us a goal twice by thinking he is Messi in our half of the pitch .
Kemy + his imaginary friend - 5 I can only think he has one on the pitch who he keeps trying to pass to .
JFC - 5 bit dissapointing to be honest , has not really kicked on as i thought he may .
Ince - 7 did well made himself available for stockdale and we kept the ball better from goalkicks in return .
O Grady -6 Although he didnt really get into the game i quite like the look of him , time will tell
CMS -6 Usual passion and chasing down everything he still looks a little off the pace but he is getting there

Lualua --7 Instant impact even before he kicked a ball , Cheltenham changed their shape and defended 10 yards deeper as a unit when he came on , we dominated after this .

Dunk?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here