Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Chelsea (h)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So good to see the Adam Webster “let’s go ****ing mental” crazy run, back in force.
More of that please.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That was magnificent…. Not sure I’ve awarded a 10 for a long time but…….

6 - average

Sanchez - 6
Veltman - 7
Lamptey - 10
Cucurella - 10
Burn - 10
Webster - 10
Alzate - 8
Moder - 7
Gross - 8
MacAllister - 9
Welbeck - 6

Maupay - 5 - struggled to find his feet.
Trossard - 7
March - n/a

Like buses, four turn up at once.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So good to see the Adam Webster “let’s go ****ing mental” crazy run, back in force.
More of that please.

Lawrensonesque

My friend who I sit near burst into…..

“We all agree Mark Lawrenson’s magic”

Not sure I ever saw Lawro head a ball like that - what a goal…..

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Lawrensonesque

My friend who I sit near burst into…..

“We all agree Mark Lawrenson’s magic”

Not sure I ever saw Lawro head a ball like that - what a goal…..

Yes odd that, for such a great centre back I always thought that Lawrenson was a bit crap at heading. I guess that was for whoever was his partner at the team e.g. Andy Rollings etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes odd that, for such a great centre back I always thought that Lawrenson was a bit crap at heading. I guess that was for whoever was his partner at the team e.g. Andy Rollings etc.

Webster really has it all. I'd almost say that he's the most complete CB around if it wasn't for at least one of those playing for the opposition. Van Dijk's not bad either.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sanchez - 7 - A couple of good claims. I've not seen the goal again, but he looked to be going the wrong way when it was struck. Possibly unsighted
Veltman - 8 - Resolute, capable and won his battle
Cucurella - 9 - All action performance. Quality player
Webster - 9 - MOM - Magnificent. Looks fit and benefiting from a run in the team. Impeccable tackling and a barnstorming run. International honours must follow performances like this
Burn - 9 - What a tussle with one of the best and most physical strikers in the world. His anticipation and ability to get his leg in front of Lukaku stopped Chelsea getting up the pitch. Brilliant
Alzate - 8 - Brilliant return. His ability to pass his way out of tight spaces is as good as anyone we have. 90 mins will have done him good
MacAllister - 9 - Owned the deep lying playmaker role against exulted opponents in that position. Loves a tackle and ticked it over
Gross - 7 - Own up who wrongly thought Pascal was done. Nope. Excellent delivery and clever passing. We'll be seeing plenty more of Gross
Lamptey - 8 - Terrified them, final ball didn't quite come off today. I like him in this position
Moder - 7 - Personally I don't think he has the goalscoring prowess to be in such a central advanced position. By no means bad tonight, but not one of our top performers
Welbeck - 6 - Slightly disappointing finishing and forward play, in the context of a brilliant team performance. I think he offers more coming from the bench

March - 6 - Delayed his delivery a little much
Maupay - 6 - Stropped off at one of our players when he should have been facing the goal. Don't think he liked being dropped
Trossard - 6 - Unable to shine

There were many on here who took a long time to recognise him as such coming from Bristol City but whose fans had already come to the same conclusion !

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sanchez 6. Only a very good keeper would have got near the goal - however he IS a very good keeper, so will have been disappointed with it (even allowing for the swerve).
Veltman 8. So dependable. Terrific player to be able to call on, on any defensive role.
Webster 10 MotM. Astonishing all round CB performance. Like Beckenbauer in his pomp!
Burn 8. Exceeding every expectation. Credit to him.
Cucurella 9. Spectacular, in both sides of the role. Incredible energy levels.
Gross 7. Tidy
Alzate 8. So much talent. So much confidence. Really pleased for him.
Mac Allister 8. Has developed in the space of a month, from an attaching midfielder of huge potential, to a proper CM of almost unlimited scope. What a player he might become.
Lamptey 8. He enjoyed this, and so did we. Such enthusiasm, is brilliant. Even when not at his best, he still impacts the game, as the opponents have to worry about his pace constantly.
Moder 8. Excellent addition. So very mature, given his age and short time at this level.
Welbeck 7. Missed a few opportunities, but kept the ack line busy and created space for the others to enjoy.

Maupay 5. Not his night.
Trossard 7. Looked sharp and inventive.
March 7. Great option to bring on. Amazing physical transformation, too. He brushed off Rudiger!
I enjoyed reading that - thanks!👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here