Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Burnley***

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Bissouma many saying pity he doesnt go forward more. Well he wont in the role he is playing. Somebody has to do it and thought he was very good. Dominated centre of pitch and won so many tackles.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My only consistent gripe last night is how slow and deliberate and obvious in what he was going to do was Dan Burn. He did nothing wrong but I was constantly screaming at my Ipad for him to be less predictable and quicker.

I had a friend who kept texting me about how shit Welbeck and Maupay were....but I didn’t think they were. Thought everybody played well but Burnley defended exactly like we used to under CH, throwing bodies in the way and of course we didn’t get the deflections that seem to end up in our net this season.

Frustrated and disappointed but no panic here

7 all round from me for most of the team, Ryan worried me though so a 5 for him and also for Burn

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Some harsh comments on White and Webster. There were a few balls given away but there were also some excellent passes. Can’t remember Wood and Barnes against having such quiet games. Dunk always struggles with Wood.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We’re starting to head into territory where people are letting their disappointment cloud their judgements I feel. Other than a few misplaced passes Webster and White looked very comfortable, they kept a clean sheet and never looked in any real trouble. Marking them down because they didn’t create scoring opportunities seems a bit harsh in my opinion. There’s several other players on the pitch who are there to help create and score goals, in all 0-0 draw the defenders are not to blame.
Personally I thought Groß looked very comfortable until he ran out of steam, he’s such a smooth and clever player.
Lallana is sex on the ball.
Maupay looks bereft off confident.
Welbeck looks like he’s got goals in him once he’s knocked the rust off, he’s quicker than I remember.
White looks super comfortable to me, reads the game well and is very mobile.

The key to playing against us seems to be sitting deep and playing narrow. We overplay it time and time again, giving the opposition the chance to get players back into position and organised. When we surrender chances it’s usually a counter attack where we have 2 or 3 defenders chasing 1 or 2 giving them less bodies to navigate through. We inevitably face stacked boxes and overloaded flanks to play down.
Our style is better suited to teams that play open attacking football, and is very much set up to play with a lead. Defensive teams are our kryptonite, we simply don’t have the personnel to always find a way through resilient teams.
I still think we’re playing some lovely football, but the goals just aren’t coming, until Potter can address that we’ll find ourselves in the position that we currently are. I can’t help but think we’d have a few more points on the board if Nunez had signed.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Burn 7 :lolol:

Welbeck, Lallana, Bissouma, Veltman and Lamptey all looked solid.

Burn is played out of position and is dire, Maupay needs a rest for more than one game, bring him on from the bench for a bit. White continues to find his feet at this level, and the frequent mistakes are part fo that so fair enough.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My only consistent gripe last night is how slow and deliberate and obvious in what he was going to do was Dan Burn. He did nothing wrong but I was constantly screaming at my Ipad for him to be less predictable and quicker.

I had a friend who kept texting me about how shit Welbeck and Maupay were....but I didn’t think they were. Thought everybody played well but Burnley defended exactly like we used to under CH, throwing bodies in the way and of course we didn’t get the deflections that seem to end up in our net this season.

Frustrated and disappointed but no panic here

7 all round from me for most of the team, Ryan worried me though so a 5 for him and also for Burn

But once again boils down to how many times we worked Pope. Twice perhaps? And even then they were easy saves.

Very pretty on the eye as always, but no end product. Until 35 mins we were very slow build-up wise and quite predictable. Thought Maupay was a bit silly and looked low in confidence, seemed to want everything on his right foot.

Great defence by Burnley, but we made it easy IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Other than a few misplaced passes Webster and White looked very comfortable, they kept a clean sheet and never looked in any real.

Agree with most of your post, but re Webster, ‘a few’?!

The first half passing wise from the defence was awful IMO

Thought Websters passing was really off last evening, but he did get stronger as the game went on.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Agree with most of your post, but re Webster, ‘a few’?!

The first half passing wise from the defence was awful IMO

Thought Websters passing was really off last evening, but he did get stronger as the game went on.

Fair enough, I missed a few moments of the first half as I was giving my boy his dinner.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We’re starting to head into territory where people are letting their disappointment cloud their judgements I feel. Other than a few misplaced passes Webster and White looked very comfortable, they kept a clean sheet and never looked in any real trouble. Marking them down because they didn’t create scoring opportunities seems a bit harsh in my opinion. There’s several other players on the pitch who are there to help create and score goals, in all 0-0 draw the defenders are not to blame.
Personally I thought Groß looked very comfortable until he ran out of steam, he’s such a smooth and clever player.
Lallana is sex on the ball.
Maupay looks bereft off confident.
Welbeck looks like he’s got goals in him once he’s knocked the rust off, he’s quicker than I remember.
White looks super comfortable to me, reads the game well and is very mobile.

The key to playing against us seems to be sitting deep and playing narrow. We overplay it time and time again, giving the opposition the chance to get players back into position and organised. When we surrender chances it’s usually a counter attack where we have 2 or 3 defenders chasing 1 or 2 giving them less bodies to navigate through. We inevitably face stacked boxes and overloaded flanks to play down.
Our style is better suited to teams that play open attacking football, and is very much set up to play with a lead. Defensive teams are our kryptonite, we simply don’t have the personnel to always find a way through resilient teams.
I still think we’re playing some lovely football, but the goals just aren’t coming, until Potter can address that we’ll find ourselves in the position that we currently are. I can’t help but think we’d have a few more points on the board if Nunez had signed.

Webster had a 74% pass completion ratio yesterday (lowest on the team), normally a central defender should have somewhere around 90% unless they hoof it a lot. I like Webster and think he is a great defender, but his passing game yesterday was pretty garbage.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Webster had a 74% pass completion ratio yesterday (lowest on the team), normally a central defender should have somewhere around 90% unless they hoof it a lot. I like Webster and think he is a great defender, but his passing game yesterday was pretty garbage.

Yeah, I’ve held my hands up and admitted I missed bits of the first half as I was giving my boy his dinner.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ryan - 5 - Is poor at dealing with crosses and was targeted for this. Sanchez please.
Veltman - 8- A steal at what we paid for him. Seems to always have time. Passes well and is always available.
Webster 5- Gave the ball away too often with sloppy passes under no pressure.
White 5 - Not sure why we need another DM when Bissouma is so good. Alzate back please.
Lamptey 8- Just amazing energy and pace plus great skill. We will struggle to keep him.
Burn 5 - Was ok as a makeshift LB but is not a LWB
Bissouma-8 - I thought he was our best player. Seems to keep winning the ball and very rarely gives it away.
Gross -7- Better than expected.
Lallana - 9 - A very classy player. Hopefully can improve those around him.
Maupay - 6- Again missed chances but hopefully will get some game time with Welbeck.
Welbeck -7- A promising debut. Will score goals for us but was a bit rusty. Great runs and positions.

Potter- 5- Doesn't seem to be learning as much as he keeps saying he will. I though we needed to make a change at half time with Burn off.

Dean- 5- At least he didn't give them a penalty every time Barnes fell over.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ryan - 6 - ok. Crosses are a real concern though;

Veltman - 7 - really solid and classy. Needs to stay in the side now as he has been excellent since coming in;
White - 7 - very good. Dealt with Barnes and Wood better than Dunk and Duffy ever did;
Webster - 6 - defended ok but distribution not great. That is not helped by playing on the left side in fairness to him though;

Lamptey - 8 - we are so lucky to have him. I just can't believe he plays for us at times;
Gross - 6 - average overall. Did some good things but also wasted some good opportunities delaying the pass or choosing the wrong option, frustrating;
Bissouma - 7 - decent game;
Burn - 6 - gave everything, out of position though;

Lallana - 9 - just class, a joy to watch. The other attacking players need to raise their game to his level;

Maupay - 5 - oh dear;
Welbeck - 8 - excellent, what we've been looking for in a striker all the time we've been in the premier league.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

In fairness to Webster that is because he was playing on the left side so it is not as easy to pass out of defence. It's the main reason why left sided centre backs are in such demand these days - why Mings keeps getting in the England squad and Ake went for such a lot of money.

If Webster was on the right side, his stats would look a lot better.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bissouma made more tackles than the rest of our team combined and misplaced 2 passes out 51, meaning he comfortably had the best pass accuracy but some people are scoring him under a 7?

A genuinely perfect game for the role he’s asked to play and he gets a 6?

:lolol:

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 5.5
Lamptey 7.5
Burn 6
White 6
Webster 6.5
Veltman 7.5 - our best CB right now
Bissouma 7