Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Burnley (h)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought most were wanting Murray dropped for Ulloa. Well that worked well. Your top scorer should play every game

Murray was no good against Tottenham, Ulloa was electric. There's a difference between starting and coming off the bench against tiring players, of course, but Ulloa did more than enough to justify a start. I hope he keeps the shirt against United and gets the chance to show his worth, I'd love to see him score for us in the Premier League.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ryan MOM for me - simply for diving at feet coming towards him, and then still having the presence of mind to roll over and keep the ball out. Very brave, could have been badly hurt. (Funny isn't it, when players really want to throw themselves at danger, they're fine - but a slight tap on the heel of their boot and they're in agony - not saying this about Ryan obviously - just a general observation). And Bong should be given a mark extra by everyone for not getting riled.

Jul 7, 2003
, but Ulloa did more than enough to justify a start. I hope he keeps the shirt against United and gets the chance to show his worth, I'd love to see him score for us in the Premier League.

Did you watch the same game as everyone else? Ulloa was useless - his touch was poor, he seemed sluggish and wasn't alert to Knocky's ball across the Burnley box at the start of the second half. I would rather have had Hemed up front than him yesterday.

I also didn't think Kayal was that great yesterday. He is too lightweight and lost most of the 50-50s that he went in for.

Knocky has frustrated me a lot this season but he worked very hard yesterday. It seems that his enforced rest has focussed him a bit more about what is needed at this level.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Did you watch the same game as everyone else? Ulloa was useless - his touch was poor, he seemed sluggish and wasn't alert to Knocky's ball across the Burnley box at the start of the second half. I would rather have had Hemed up front than him yesterday.

I also didn't think Kayal was that great yesterday. He is too lightweight and lost most of the 50-50s that he went in for.

Knocky has frustrated me a lot this season but he worked very hard yesterday. It seems that his enforced rest has focussed him a bit more about what is needed at this level.

I wasn't there, our away games have been a pointless exercise this season because goals haven't been our primary aim.

I wouldn't judge Ulloa on an away game because we don't really have a go, we'll see how he gets on against Manchester United, he deserves to start in a game we intend to try and win.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Always more difficult to judge players from one end of the pitch and have not seen a replay. To put in context we were away against the team 7th in table.

Ryan 8 - very good performance
Bruno 7 -- very solid defensively but too slow when attacking (sorry I know this is heresy)
Duffy 7 -- won everything with his head but that sometimes means he just heads out for the opposition to come again
Dunk 7 -- had an interesting duel with Barnes who at the moment is one of the best forwards in the PL. Lost first half on points but second half much better. Won the contest on basis Barnes (or indeed Burnley) did not score
Bong 8-- got an extra 1.5 for not loosing his cool under so much provocation. Really needs some lessons on attacking/crossing/going forward
Knockaert 7 -- some sound defensive work but we need him to be upfront more
Stephens 7 did a lot of breakup play but there was some shocking poor passes which led to danger
Kayal 7.5 -- put himself about a lot, harried their midfielders IMO better than Propper
Izquierdo 6.5 -- not in the game enough , need him to get the ball and take on players.
Gross 7.5- a lot of work but nothing which made the difference to us winning the game
Ulloa 5 -- just too slow, rarely got in the box

Murray 7.5 -- caused more danger in 20 mins than Ulloa did all game. he was a potential game changer. Not sure why he was booked.
March 7 -- good impact sub, fresh legs taking on tired and being successful.

A game where a point won edged us nearer to confirmed safety. Not a great spectacle.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I wasn't there, our away games have been a pointless exercise this season because goals haven't been our primary aim.

I wouldn't judge Ulloa on an away game because we don't really have a go, we'll see how he gets on against Manchester United, he deserves to start in a game we intend to try and win.

It's not just that Ulloa didn't book a goal threat, it's also that he didn't win anything and had a poor touch on numerous occasions, so wasn't able to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Not sure why that was the case as his hold up play has looked pretty good when he's come on as a sub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here