Player ratings vs Bristol C

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Another vote for Crofts (If fit enough). He is alike to the style of Kayal/Stephens so will fit into the system better. Plus his experiance will be vital in a game which we are missing a major player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7
Bong 6
Dunk 4
Uwe 6

Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Rosenior 7
March 6

Hemed 6
Baldock 6

Zamora 8
Crofts 6
Calde 6

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Stockdale 8 - crucial saves

Bruno 9 - outstanding
Bong 7 - good game
Dunk 4 - poor
Uwe 6 - not as solid

Kayal 7 - always in the thick of things
Stephens 6 - not his best but put in a shift
Rosenior 7 - linked really well with bruno down the right
March 7 - a threat, more work needed on final ball

Hemed 5 - poorest game so far i thought
Baldock 6 - missed a sitter but worked hard and rewarded for his efforts

Subs:

Zamora 8 - absolute legend
Crofts 6 - did a job
Calde 7 - not on for long but got involved

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale 8 Brilliant performance, don't care about the occasional misplaced kick, he played very well.
Bruno 6 Ordinary performance.
Dunk 5 Disappointing by his standards.
Hünemeier 5 Not overly good from him either.
Bong 6 He was ok.
Kayal 7 Some being very harsh, he adds bite and style.
Stephens 6 Worst performance I've seen from him this season.
Rosenior 6 Ordinary.
March 5 No threat of an end product but prefer him on the left.
Hemed 6 Not really involved in any meaningful way.
Baldock 5 Didn't score the goal, it's obviously an own goal. Poor finishing, ordinary player.

[B[Subs[/B]
Crofts 5 Anonymous.
Calderon 7 For the tackle which put everything in the stand.
Zamora 10 Held it, played it, smacked in a winner. Exactly the player O'Grady isn't.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh good, I wasn't the only one who thought we were largely poor. No doubt someone will come along shortly and say 'winning when playing badly...'. For me, it is concerning how frequently that phrase has been used barely a quarter into the season. Look at the stats

I thought we were slow in reacting to the second ball that's a fair point, played like strangers at times. I thought we started to get a but more of a grip very late on really?, but we're still wasting chances and possessionas do most teams, including those that are secure in the PL. I'm enjoying our wins, but I have not generally been enjoying the football.

Stockdale - 7 A bit rash with one or two kicks, not much chance with the goal, but a couple of big important saves those saves, especially the one-on-one warrant an 8
Bruno - 5 Too often when he lost the ball he didn't track back, some poor and hesitant passing by no means his best game, but still some great link-up play with Liam, set up a goal, and made some good challenges too: 7
Huenemeier - 4.5 Lucky to not concede a penalty fair enough, did OK; thought we missed Greer: 5.
Dunk - 4.5 At fault for the goal, poor passing this, and regularly lacksadaisacal [sp]. He obviously wants Greer to walk back into the team. 3
Bong - 5 Too easily dispossessed, hampered playing behind March did OK, 5.5
Rosenior - 6 6 is fair, did OK, played having picked up a couple of dead legs on Saturday. He's such a brilliant signing
Kayal - 5.5 not his best game, but still managed to be the most influential player in the middle of the park: 6
Stephens - 5.5 was really poor; I'll put that down to him being knackered: 4
March - 4.5 Lacked discipline, left Bong exposed, would come inside too often, and other than a mazy run (which he was somewhat forced into when he didn't run into space out wide when receiving the ball) was a lot better than you credit: 6.5
Baldock - 5 When you consider the criticisms that Barnes got, it's amazing how little Baldock has received. His struggle to score has been somewhat comical. When he did score my friend and I turned to each other and said 'own goal'. I genuinely think he didn't get enough on it to turn it goalward, and if the defender doesn't touch it, it goes wide, but haven't seen a clear replay yet. if you're right, I'm sure it'll be overturned; it hasn't done yet. Two (and especially one) poor finishes, although they were both on target. Put in a real shift as ever, lots of bright, intelligent movement, plenty of good touches, scored a goal: 7
Hemed - 4.5 Poor with his few opportunities. held the ball up well, some nice touches: 5

Crofts - 5 Largely anonymous solid contribution: 6
Zamora - 7.5 Well taken goal, worked hard, much better than his performance v Cardiff. did what he needed to do: 8
Calderon - Dependable. Great tackle late on. agree

CH 9 -- made all the right decisions and timed them well too

This is a grumpy assessment. So I'll respond above in bold.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
>Zamora 8.25 (19mins, 26 votes)

The Rest:
Stockdale 8.10 (97mins, 29 votes)
Bruno 7.28 (97mins, 29 votes)
>Calderon 6.85 (7 mins, 10 votes)
Baldock 6.57 (97mins, 29 votes)