Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Brentford

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Calderon would never let us down. He might be out of his depth, but he's only in the team because of injuries and when your back is against a wall you need players who will do everything he can for the team, whether he's technically good enough or not. I'd rather have Calderon in the team than a mercenary left back (Joe Bennett) who would be going back anyway, and wouldn't bleed for the cause. Calderon might not be the best player in the world, but he cares. I'd prefer that, in general.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Love Calderon. Watch the highlights and see him slip over as a Brentford player runs at him. He gets up as the man cuts inside, stumbles backwards and then falls over again. You can hear the home fans cheering.

He'll always be an Albion legend, but I do think we badly need some cover in that position, at least until Bong & Rosenior are fit.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Any more ratings?

Here goes....
Stockdale 9
Bruno 7
Dunk 5
Greer 6
Calderon 5
Murphy 6
VLP 6
Stephens 7
Kayal 7
Wilson 4
Hemed 4
Crofts 5
Manu 5
Goldson 6
Totally inept first half. Invited Brentford on to us and they kept coming in waves. Judge and Swift had the freedom of the park. No one upfront could hold the ball and relieve the pressure, so it kept coming back. A more ruthless team would have buried us. We were saved time and again by their poor final ball. Some improvement second half as we crowded midfield more and denied their playmakers as much ball. Murphy will be disappointed to miss our one clear chance. Overall, it was a poor performance but we got a point against a team very much in form, so at least there is a positive there.
The loss of Bong and Rosenior has weakened us hugely down the left. Both get up and down quickly and teams now know we have a weak spot. The confident, high tempo football, last seen at Derby has temporarily gone. We need significant points from the next two games otherwise the likes of Burnley, Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Cardiff will be closing up and Hull, Derby and Boro will be stretching away.
I still think that with key players back (Feb onwards ) we will finish strongly but we need to hang on in there and grind out results.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Player Ratings

Highest Rated
Stockdale 9.00 (96mins, 7 votes)

The Rest
Bruno 7.79 (96mins, 7 votes)
Stephens 7.36 (96mins, 7 votes)
Kayal 6.79 (96mins, 7 votes)
Dunk 6.43 (96mins, 7 votes)