Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Brentford (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Steele 5.5 -- extra point for the assist which was something else (as was the celebration). I'm convinced Sanchez or Raya would have saved at least one of the three. Their xG was about 1.5
Veltman 5.5 -- wise as ever, but not great today
Dunk 5 -- poor for the second, should have got his header on target, and not one of his best
Colwill 5 -- should have got his header on target, and not one of his best
Estupinan 5 -- gave the ball away too much and, unusually, shocking crosses today
Caicedo 8 -- dynamo
Gross 6 -- not his best today
March 8 -- so strong, another assist, great engine, adapted well to LB role, would have scored him higher, but he had so many chances and shots on targets but most of them could have been better
Ali Mac 8 MotM (just) -- drew one excellent save from Raya, such quick feet which saw him escape from them in tight situations high up the pitch, dictated play from deeper (he's better in that role), and so calm for the penalty -- no-one was stopping that
Mitoma 7 -- so calm with the finish, perhaps could have done better with the early one. Thought he was kept quite quiet by Hickey
Welbeck 7.5 -- was immense in the first half, some nice touches in the second, but became less effective

Subs:
Enciso 8 -- loved his performance
Buonanotte, Undav n/a

Bold substitutions from RdZ. Raya was brilliant. We deserved to win this one. Poor defending.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Steele 5 Just dont think Rayer would have let in our 3 goals Why on earth did he pick up back pass
Veltman 6 Poor first half. No complaints but under Potter would have had more help from March who spent most time attacking
Dunk 5 Toney gave him a hard time.
Colwell 4 So much poor passing.
Estupinan 6 Defended ok but not great contribution going forward
Caicedo 7 Above average
Gross 6 Average
Mac 7 Got better and better
Mitoma 7 Always a danger but made many runs not seen by team mates
March 5 good assist but shooting terrible as could have had a hat trick. The time he seemed to pass to keeper should have gone to Mac
Welbeck 6 Some good lay offs but not really a problem for defenders to deal with

Very positive that we have completely outplayed the 2 sides just below us. We must be due to come away with undeserved points in a game like Fulham and Brentford have

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Steele 5 Just dont think Rayer would have let in our 3 goals Why on earth did he pick up back pass
Veltman 6 Poor first half. No complaints but under Potter would have had more help from March who spent most time attacking
Dunk 5 Toney gave him a hard time.
Colwell 4 So much poor passing.
Estupinan 6 Defended ok but not great contribution going forward
Caicedo 7 Above average
Gross 6 Average
Mac 7 Got better and better
Mitoma 7 Always a danger but made many runs not seen by team mates
March 5 good assist but shooting terrible as could have had a hat trick. The time he seemed to pass to keeper should have gone to Mac
Welbeck 6 Some good lay offs but not really a problem for defenders to deal with

Very positive that we have completely outplayed the 2 sides just below us. We must be due to come away with undeserved points in a game like Fulham and Brentford have
I assume your March rating is a typo?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Steele 5.5

Veltman 5
Dunk 4
Colwill 5
Perv 5

Caicedo 7
Groß 6.5
Mac 7

Mitoma 6.5
Welbz 7.5
March 7.5

Revised after watching the highlights. Dunk arguably at fault for the first two, Veltman also culpable for the second. Steele probably could have done better on the first two, the assist for the first goal was sublime though. Colwill and Perv at fault for the third, the former should've buried the header from the corner as well.

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
These are all very low scores for a team which created nearly 5 xG (by a couple of sources)
And one that for the first time in PL recorded history had all 10 outfield players with at least two attempts on goal according to MOTD.

This is the RDZ way: attack, attack, attack. If we could add some set piece goals and a Lillie more defensive nous, we would be title contenders.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Steele 5 - Great pass for Mitoma's Could he have come out for their third? Not helpful to be rooted to his spot againgst a team like Brentford.
Veltman - 6
Dunk - 5 Some good passing but what was he doing for the first two goals especially the second?
Colwill - 5 competed well V Toney but poor positioning for their third.
Estupinan - 5 Always seems to play well but not yesterday. Just let Pinnock run in for their 3rd. So soft it was unbelievable
Caicedo - 7
Gross - 6
Ali Mac - 8 Lovely touches
Mitoma 7
March 7 Good assist and runs. Shooting was pitiful
Welbeck - 7 One of his better games. Good header.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Steele - 7 - I don't think any keepers are saving any of the goals he conceded. Terrific passer. That's why he is in the side
Veltman - 8 - Didn't deserve to be in a defence that conceded 3
Estupinan - 6 - A great outlet, i'm not sure he's fully fit though, a bit below where he can be.
Dunk - 4 - His worst game of the season, though to be fair some magnificent passing
Colwill - 4 - The sort of inconsistency and lack of concentration you would expect of such a young defender. Webby back for ballast please, we can't keep shipping goals
Caicedo - 8 - MOM - Tackling, passing, skill, covering the whole midfield. Wonderful again
Gross - 7 - Part of an utterly dominant midfield
MacAllister - 8 - Just threads stuff together for us. Our best penalty taker since Hemed
Mitoma - 6 - The fact that he was doubled up on left massive gaps elsewhere
March - 6 - General play = 9 finishing = 1. Powder puff shooting
Welbeck - 5 - Didn't hold it well enough

Enciso - 7 - energetic and a threat. Seems quite a random player who will do random things. RDZ threw his hands up at least once at his decision making
Buenanotte - n/a, but seems a year off from being ready to me
Undav - n/a, decisive involvement, but still to truly convince at this level. Though I think he will get a start soon in our hectic schedule

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
7/8 in attack, 4/5 in defence. You can, maybe, carry a key defender error but Dunk stationary, Veltmans poor throw-in, Colwill/Estupinan lack of awareness but excellent attacking display saved the day.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Steele - 7 - I don't think any keepers are saving any of the goals he conceded. Terrific passer. That's why he is in the side
Veltman - 8 - Didn't deserve to be in a defence that conceded 3
Estupinan - 6 - A great outlet, i'm not sure he's fully fit though, a bit below where he can be.
Dunk - 4 - His worst game of the season, though to be fair some magnificent passing
Colwill - 4 - The sort of inconsistency and lack of concentration you would expect of such a young defender. Webby back for ballast please, we can't keep shipping goals
Caicedo - 8 - MOM - Tackling, passing, skill, covering the whole midfield. Wonderful again
Gross - 7 - Part of an utterly dominant midfield
MacAllister - 8 - Just threads stuff together for us. Our best penalty taker since Hemed
Mitoma - 6 - The fact that he was doubled up on left massive gaps elsewhere
March - 6 - General play = 9 finishing = 1. Powder puff shooting
Welbeck - 5 - Didn't hold it well enough

Enciso - 7 - energetic and a threat. Seems quite a random player who will do random things. RDZ threw his hands up at least once at his decision making
Buenanotte - n/a, but seems a year off from being ready to me
Undav - n/a, decisive involvement, but still to truly convince at this level. Though I think he will get a start soon in our hectic schedule
Agree with most of that but Veltman's throw in to a player with two or three Brentford players standing right next to him was stupid and led to their second goal, so down to 6 for him. And Welbeck deserves at least a 7. One of his best games for us.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Not sure how BBC website gave MoM to Dunk. Not at his usual high standard today. Bring on Tuesday!
The BBC player ratings have always been mad. I can't imagine anyone who goes to the match has time to vote so it must be people at home just voting for their favorites.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Steele - 6

Veltman - 5
Dunk - 4
Colwill - 4
Estupinan - 6

Gross - 5.5
Caicedo - 7

March - 7
Mac Allister - 7
Mitoma - 7

Welbeck - 6.5

Enciso - 6.5
Undav -6
Buananotte - 6

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Raya wasn't 'brilliant' as such - it's just we kept heading the ball to him. I think I could have caught most of them...
Agreed.

When Gross was clean through and headed the ball tamely back to Raya :facepalm:

I assume he didn't realise how much time he had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here