Tex 5
Baldock 5
LuaLua 6

Paddy 6
Colunga 5
O'Grady 6

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Jake Forster-Caskey was playing? I'm shocked, I really am. I watched 70 minutes of the stream and I thought he was suspended today. That's how good he was.

What you didnt notice the 30 - 5 yard sideways pases he produced?.Absolutely shit scared to do anything else.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale 5 - think Brez may be a better option.
Greer 5 - scored, also gave ball away resulting in their first.
Dunk 7 - usual composure and ball winning.
Calderon 6- did what he was told, but leaves us open to the counter.
Bennett 6 - see Calde
JFC 6
Gardner 6 - nice bit of skill at the end.
KLL 7 - his tracking back and winning the ball back quickly stopped a load of potential counter attacks and probably a couple more goals.
Baldock 5 - missed the only chance he was given
Tex - 5 was successfully targeted from first minute.
McCourt 6 - can't do it on his own.
COG 6 - added a bit of weight and strength to the front line, but was given zero chances in 45 minutes.

Holla?

(I'm assuming you missed Colunga because he wasn't on long enough to judge?)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Again, I've given it 48 hours to try and be more objective.

Stockdale 5 - Could do nothing for either goal, so, so, so exposed
Calderon 6 - Our main attacking threat which is worrying
Greer 6 - Massively exposed by the tactics but played as well as he could. His goal balanced out his error for the first
Dunk 6 - Also massively exposed but if now comfortably our best player
Bennett 6 - Too far forward for my liking and wildly out of position for the 2nd goal
Holla 5 - Average and doesn't cover the fullbacks when they're by the corner flag. Give Ince a go and push Holla further forward
JFC 6.5 - A good performance in an otherwise ho-hum team one. Suffers for being a "tidy" player and not a creative one
Gardner 5 - Barely noticed him. Replaced Crofts perfectly in that sense
Tex N/A - Can't judge really. Kicked out of the game from minute one.
Baldock 5 - Isolated and lost, perked up after O'Grady came on but we're not playing a system that suits him
LuaLua 5 - Lively but makes SO many wrong decisions and has lost something by only cutting inside rather than going outside where he was more effective

Paddy 6 - One mazy run aside, didn't do that much
Colunga 6 - An assist but nothing more
O'Grady 6.5 - At least appeared to put pressure on the defence. He mioght not be all that but without him we look truly toothless

Overall - 5.5 - We are being overrun every week by pacy wingers and Sami seems oblivious to the facts it's his tactics that are costing us. For me, the key to a successful manager is adaptability and his steadfast refusal to change his system is realy worrying me.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Time to change tactics but I fear we will not do so, far to narrow no wingers playing as wingers left and right backs playing as wingers with no cover at times we are two at the back six in midfield no one than a couple of yards from each other tripping over each other, we have a huge pitch we need to use it to our advantage

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dunk 8
McCourt 6
Calderon 6

The rest less than that.
KLL may have tried hard, but relentlessly lost possession / control with a heavy final touch, and had the usual obsession with trying to get on his right for pot-shot. All opponents know it. And he met his match with his Boro opponent having as much pace off the mark. Stunned that the sponsors voted him MOM ... caused bemused laughter in our section of WSU.

Greer may have scored and defended well at times, but a sucker into being surrounded by 2 on the touch line for their first goal. Foul or no foul on him, should have hoofed it well before then. The first goal was a game-changer - sucked all confidence from the Albion team, who know scoring themselves is rare, and a gave a massive confidence boost to Mboro who started to play like a PL bound team.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Time to change tactics but I fear we will not do so, far to narrow no wingers playing as wingers left and right backs playing as wingers with no cover at times we are two at the back six in midfield no one than a couple of yards from each other tripping over each other, we have a huge pitch we need to use it to our advantage

It's a strange scenario when your defence seems to be entirely reliable for both all your crosses into the box and getting on the end of them. It's like a bizarre experiment

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stockdale 5 do not agree he was not at fault for 2nd goal , the 1st shot should have been pushed round for a corner .
Calderon 5 Kept quiet by boros harrieing and closing down quickly
Greer 6.5 to get mom with a 6.5 shows just how poor a team perfomance it was FOR ME
Dunk 5 caught out 3 times having to cover for Bennett
Bennett 5 poor game again too inconsistent
JFC 5 little impact his passing was ok but after 15 minutes boro had sussed him and cut off his usual routes to the forwards
Gardener 4 lost the ball far too often and worse little effort in recovering the lost ball
Holla 4 could'nt kick a free kick over the 1st man in a 1 man wall twice , awful .
Tex 5 targeted and hit but just by boro
Lualua 6 ran his socks off for little reward , at least he put a shift in
Baldock 5 felt a little sorry for him tbh playing against a 6-4 and a 6-6 CBs and 90% of the balls played to him were up in the air !! mental .

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm not sure how much can be blamed on the players, the tactics are getting quite weird to the extent i'm not sure how they'd ever work

Stockdale 4

Greer 6.5
Dunk 6

Jfc 5
Bennett 5.5
Holla 3
Gardner 5.5

Lua lua 5.5
Baldock 3.5
Tex n/a
Calderon 4.5

Colunga 5
McCourt 7
O Grady 6.5

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Calde, Dunk and Greer deserve some credit. No one else really. Midfield looked like they'd never played together before in their life.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Stockdale - 5 - Should do better for both goals.
Calde - 6 - Not a winger
Greer - 6 - Mistake led to the first goal, but scored.
Dunk - 5.5 - A couple of mistakes
Bennett - 6 - Not his best performance
Holla - 5 - Poor set pieces
JFC - 5 - hardly noticed him
Gardner - 5 - hardly noticed him
Tex - 5 - never got going. Disgusting tactics by Boro to instruct Friend take him out early.
LuaLua - 5.5 - Not one of his best game, another victim of poor tactics by SH. He needs to play out wide!
Baldock - 5 - blew one chance, that's about it. Hard to blame him really as we created nothing.

McCourt - 6.5 - Seen better from him
O'Grady - 5 - Terrible first touch, does not look like scoring.
Colunga - 6 - Good assist, didn't do much, but maybe just about enough to get a start tonight?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale 6
Greer 5.5
Dunk 7
Forster-Caskey 7
Bennett 5.5
Holla 5
Gardner 5