Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Bmuff

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
FWIW, I had Solly down as our best player, with Pascal and The Perv a joint close second.

Nobody really smashed it out of the park today but there weren't any poor performances either. Gilmour and Undav showed glimpses but can't expect them to slot in seamlessly when they've played so little in this team.

Considering our starting 11 was missing five players that would likely have started if available, we held up pretty well.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 7
Lamptey 5
Pervis 8
Dunk 8
Veltman 7.5
Gilmore 6
Gross 7.5
Mitoma 7
March 7.5
Undav 6.5
Welbeck 6

Encisco 6
Sarmiento 7.5
Caceido 7
New lad Buon something 6
Webster na

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Make allowances for how little game time he has had and what a crucial position he plays in. His through balls were better than Gross today imo. Both Gross and March flattered to deceive today imo :shrug:
Not just that, not great at tackling, disagree re passing. I feel other than the first game he started, he has been fairly unimpressive.

Actually, he’s looked better when coming off the bench IMO.

In terms of the wider team, I really didn’t think we were anything more than ordinary. A few had poor games, by their recent standards.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sanchez - 6 Still has us worried at times and does flap at crosses too much.
Lamptey - 6 He is improving but not back to his best yet.
Dunk -7 Mr reliable.
Veltman - 7 One of our best signings. Never lets us down.
Estupinan - 8 Cucurella? Oh yes I remember!
March - 6 Not up to his recent standard but still good
Gross - 6 Another one of our best signings. Never lets us down.
Gilmour - 6 A very tough job to replace either one of our two missing players but he will get better with more game time. Plays some great forward passes.
Mitoma - 7 He is going to have to live with being double marked more often. Great goal though.
Undav - 6 He is looking better with more minutes. A shame he didn't take one of those 3 chances which would build his confidence.
Welbeck - 5 Not up to his normal standard. Hope he isn't injured.

Subs
Caicedo 7 Welcome back Moises. Good to see the crowd welcome him and I hope he feels the "love"
Sarmiento 7 Very lively and will be a starter if Welbeck is out.
Enisco 6 Looks promising but he will struggle to get many starts with our depth in his position.
Buananotte - 6 Another promising signing. Who is he to replace?

Last edited:

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
I’m surprised how low some are marking Lamptey. He’s starting to look so much more confident and assured in possession now. He’s not so head down and run anymore. Improving with every minute De Zerbi is here.

Think Dunk was outstanding. The composure he showed with that chest back to the keeper from a pacey cross was elite level defending. Best England centre-back back for me, just a-shame Southgate has such a strong crush on Maguire.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Interesting comments re Pervis. So far for me, the top 3 are him Mitoma and March…
He had a few 'interesting' games at the beginning but now that he has settled he has been as good as or even better than Cucurella last years POTS . His crossing is much better. Both players you mention are also up there as will be Mac & Caicedo assuming he gets back to his former self. I guess I mentioned it because he is quietly going about his role putting in very good performances week in week out.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 6
Lamptey 6
Veltman 6
Dunk 8 MotM
Estupinan 8
Gross 7
Gilmour 6
March 7
Mitoma 7
Undav 6.5
Welbeck 5.5

Subs:
Caicedo 7.5
Sarmiento 8
others n/a -- although it's well worth saying that RdZ got his subs absolutely spot on yesterday. I wanted him to make them at half-time but he bought Caicedo and Sarmiento on early in the second half, and Enciso and Buonanotte to crank things up and, finally, Webster came on as soon as we scored.

Overall, we weren't on our A-game yesterday, but it was really pleasing to win one of those games against a low block, timewasting team. Despite all that, I was more impressed with Bournemouth than anticipated, they were really well organised, their passing just isn't up to it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here