Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Birmingham (H)

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Kuszchak 8. Class act, again.
Upson 8. with Greer did a good job on Zigic
Greer 8. added passing ability to the centre of defence
Ward 4. Sorry, but he's not a very good defender at this stage of his career. Their wide right men could beat him and cross at will
Bruno 6. Awful first half hour in possession, but recovered. Like Ward lacks outstanding pace, allowing fast wide men to destroy him
Crofts 9. One of his best performances since his return. Battled, creative, everywhere. MOTM
Ince 7. Not up to usual high standards, but fine.
Andrews 7. OK
Lopez 8. Good game and got the vital goal.
LuaLua 8.5. Major threat throughout
Ulloa 4. Just never woke up from his Siesta. Not just in match fitness terms, but so dopey in thought.

Obika 3. Too soon to say. Beaten for strength, pace over 5 yards and awareness, by central defenders who would have been knackered in comparison.
Orlandi 5. Short cameo, but all the signs of the usual class.
El Abd. 5. Helped the (unnecessary against poor opposition) rearguard action see it out.

You have Ward a 4? Either you are on drugs, put 4 by mis take, or watched a different game. I know football is about opinions but that is unreal. One of the best players on pitch today.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Tom- 7
Bruno-7
Upson-7.5
Greer-7.5(some amazing passes in first half, was like watching Xavi)
Ward-7.5

Ince-6
Andrews-7.5
Crofts-8
Lua lua-7.5
Lopez-7.5

Ulloa-6

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 6.5 - Seemed a bit hesitant at times when he should have claimed balls, improved distribution, not largely tested
Bruno 6.5 - bad passing for most of the first half, but seemed much better towards the end of it and through the second
Greer 7 - Impressed by how much he got forward
Upson 7 - Good performance
Ward 7 - some good attacking runs and generally solid at the back
Andrews 6.5 - Seemed a little scruffy
Ince 6.5 - Not his best game, I think he expected Orlandi to play the ball straight to Obika so was surprised and panicked at the end
Crofts 7.5 - A lot of effort, determination, the main player to win the ball back for us, MOM for me.
Lopez 7 - Put in some better balls than he was given credit for that we just had no one attacking. Great goal
KLL 7 - A couple of decent shots (though oddly I didn't feel either would go in), still frustrates by not running when he gets the ball until the defender has caught up, tired towards the end
Ulloa 6 - Seemed tired very early, slow to get in to place, and generally just a step behind in everything

Obika 6.5 - Seemed a little at sea at times, fair given he only signed on thursday, some promising movement, some frustrating lingering, I felt confident he would have scored if Orlandi played it straight to him rather than trying to go via Ince.
Orlandi - Not on long enough

Despite all the dominance and shots taken, I kinda feel like we don't deserve to be in the play offs. Weird.
El Abd - Not on long enough

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
You have Ward a 4? Either you are on drugs, put 4 by mis take, or watched a different game. I know football is about opinions but that is unreal. One of the best players on pitch today.

Not only that, Ward was probably a 9.5. A tad better than Lualua and Crofts.
Ward destroyed B'ham with his electric pace going forward, his natural footballing ability led to countless swift attacks and chances/half-chances, and when left on numerous occasions with 2 to defend against he did it with ease with both wide-men 'in his pocket'. Cannot remember in any game for us, any right-sided opponent ever managing to get a cross in when faced with him. Who needs Wayne Bridge.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kusczack 7 - not too much to do
Bruno 7 - looks world class at times, but defensively always a bit suspect
Greer 7 - comfortable return to action
Upson 7 - usual class
Ward 7 - really like him, uses his experience well
Crofts 8 - great shift, gutted about the injury
Andrews 7 - looked composed and very good in the defensive mid role
Ince 6 - not as effective today
Lopez 7 - just about to be subbed when he scored the goal. Linked well with Bruno
Lua Lua 8.5 - deserved MOM, always a threat and really works hard for the team now
Ulloa 5 - slow and unfit. I am sure he will be back to best soon.

Subs:

Obika 5 - didn't show much but would have scored had Kaz picked him out instead of ince at the end. Looked quick when he could be bothered.
Orlandi 6 - one or two good touches
El Abd - unfortunate to be dropped, cameo appearance.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ward 4. Sorry, but he's not a very good defender at this stage of his career. Their wide right men could beat him and cross at will

Ulloa 4. , but so dopey in thought.

Obika 3. Too soon to say.
QUOTE]

Comedy Gold??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 7's except Pig and Ulloa 6 and Kaz 8

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought they got an awful lot of crosses in from the right with ease in second half especially. Balls flying across our 6 yard box after unopposed crosses. A better team would have put them away.

I agree, Burke was their most dangerous player. When Ward is up against someone of that class he needs more than Lua Lua to help him out on the left.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 7
Ward 7
Greer 7
Upson 7
Ince 7
Andrews 7
KLL 8
Crofts 8
Lopez 6 - only because of he goal, poor most of the time and should not be playing.
Ulloa 5 - worst performance in a Brighton shirt

Obika 6
Orlandi 6
AEA n/a

Lopez was quality throughout alongside Leicester at home his best performance of the season. Rarely gave the ball away and at the heart of everything we done going forward,

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 7.5 Now getting back to usual standards
Ward 6
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ince 6 because he didn't pass the ball across to Obika for what would have been a killer 2nd
Andrews 7
KLL 8
Crofts 8
Lopez 5 - Bottles all 60/40 tackles think solly should have replaced him
Ulloa 4 - Touch of an elephant couldn't control anything today very poor

Obika 6
Orlandi 6
AEA n/a

Lets just say if Barnes had played like Ulloa today his fanbase would have had a field day

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
GK Kuszcak - 7 Untroubled but competent handling.
RB Bruno - 6 Was so poor first half but improved immeasurably after the break and a fine back heel for Ulloa was a highlight.
LB Ward - 8 Superb peformance
CB Greer 7.5 - Excellent defensive display with improved distribution from the back
CB Upson 7 - As always top class.
CM Andrews - 8 Covered so much ground alongside Crofts.
CM Ince - 6 One great sliding challenge in the first half to give Lopez a chance to curl it, but overall disappointing summed up by his effort in stoppage time.
CM Crofts - 8 Will be sorely missed if out for a while. Behind Upson our player of the season.
RM Lopez - 8.5 Difficult to split him and Lua Lua for man of the match. He came looking for the ball and was the catalyst for everything we had going forward.
LM Lua Lua - 8.5 So exciting to watch, beats players at will and has a great strike.
Str Ulloa - 4 Worryingly poor, hopefully down to lack of match fitness.

Subs
Obika - 5
Orandi - 6

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Kuszczak - 7, not too much to do, distribution generally good
Bruno - 7.5, thought we were going to be seeing the 'bloody hell Bruno' that normally turns up after injuries during the first half hour but he very good thereafter
Greer - 7, solid and composed, some of his balls forward were a little wayward sometimes but other than that a good game
Upson - 7, As above bar the bit about the balls, really hope he gets a new deal
Ward - 8, love him, great defensively and going forward
Andrews - 7.5, neat and tidy, broke up play when needed to though booking was only to be expected after several similar fouls
Crofts - 8.5, what a performance, won the ball, made chances, good movement. Gutted to see him injured, hope it's not too bad and I wish him a speedy recovery.
Ince - 6.75, not quite living up to his recent performances this time round but still a decent game overall
Spanish Dave, 8, after a middling first half he was much improved in the second, particularly after the goal (very well taken I must add)
Lualua - 8.25, Not quite MOTM for me but a very good performance nonetheless.
Ulloa - 5.5, Dopey seems to be the word of the day when it comes to describing Len's performance and it fits my view of his game perfectly, he'll can and will do better.

Subs
All sixes

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Kuszczak 7

Bruno 7
Greer 7
Upson 8
Ward 8

Andrews 7