Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Wolves

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I did. Wolves was the least bad team but pretty f far from winning 3 or 4 nil. In every single game there is someone saying "Brighton/the opponent should have scored a bazillion goals" as if any of that ever happens.

Then your comments re Sanchez and the scoreline are baffling, because he saved us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One at the very most in my view. Agree about Lallana: he's wound me up this season.

More than one.

Lallana, I think, has been poor in the main this season. I would also throw in Moder who after a very decent debut season has struggled IMO.

Edit - Am slightly surprised MacAllister hasn’t been given more opportunities….

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
More than one.

Lallana, I think, has been poor in the main this season. I would also throw in Moder who after a very decent debut season has struggled IMO.

Edit - Am slightly surprised MacAllister hasn’t been given more opportunities….

It was a few days ago but still a bit shocked by Moder’s poor performance. 3/10 as far as I’m concerned. Our worst player which took some doing considering the night’s standard

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
March 2.

And that’s for what happened in the first half. Second half he was anonymous. He can impose himself on a game, but it is so rare. There is no movement, no anticipation, it’s like he’s a spectator but on the pitch. He was moved to the wing next to the bench last night it seemed so they could tell him where to stand. He’s a seasoned pro, but plays like a player straight out of the academy.

I wish he believed in himself more. We need it. He was showing something earlier in the season. I don’t know what’s happened but last night he was really poor. Pull your finger out Solly.

Just needed to get that off my chest.
I really don’t get the fascination with March, I’ve been keeping an eye on Khadra March has never had a championship season like that lad let alone a PL one. He is actually holding Cucurella back playing in front of him he gets in his way and slows the attack down.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Complete lack of conviction in the shot. What was more worrying was the lack of technique.

I bet he would have hit that better as a 15 year old... convinced that part of the problem is that the rigid coaching players go through understand 'systems' but it does also supress the natural skills.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I really don’t get the fascination with March, I’ve been keeping an eye on Khadra March has never had a championship season like that lad let alone a PL one. He is actually holding Cucurella back playing in front of him he gets in his way and slows the attack down.

I thought March was excellent at LWB last season. However, Cucu is just that bit better, mostly defensively. March is a brilliant back-up though.

In terms of playing in a more advanced role (LW or RW), his passing is slow and his shooting (like most of our players) is not at EPL level. Potter replaced him with Sarmiento in the starting line-up on the 1st Dec until an injury, perhaps we can get Khadra or Mitoma to replace him in January.

Sorry Solly, back-up-wing-back is your best position currently.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought March was excellent at LWB last season. However, Cucu is just that bit better, mostly defensively. March is a brilliant back-up though.

In terms of playing in a more advanced role (LW or RW), his passing is slow and his shooting (like most of our players) is not at EPL level. Potter replaced him with Sarmiento in the starting line-up on the 1st Dec until an injury, perhaps we can get Khadra or Mitoma to replace him in January.

I agree LWB is clearly his best position and yes Cucu is a little better defensively but I've found him underwhelming going forward so far and tbh I would probably have given March more game time in that role while letting Cucurella grow into it more slowly. Not agreeing completely with GP on that one.

Also agree that as a winger, while not bad, March is not quite on the same level as most similar players in the PL. His strength in those roles is mainly his crossing so if Brighton had some kind of aerial threat among attacking midfielders and strikers, his qualities would be more useful. That is however not the case.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

You just have to look at the stats for March as a forward player shocking. If he wasn’t a local boy I don’t think people would be so patient.
That Palace miss was like watching a Sunday league player hungover from the night before have a go.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I bet he would have hit that better as a 15 year old... convinced that part of the problem is that the rigid coaching players go through understand 'systems' but it does also supress the natural skills.

Interesting thought. I saw March at the old Lancing ground playing for the youth and he didn’t stand out. It probably says something about my ability to judge a player, but he seemed to be on his heels, and was reactive rather than proactive. I just wish he’d have a go more often. But he’s not a young player now.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Interesting thought. I saw March at the old Lancing ground playing for the youth and he didn’t stand out. It probably says something about my ability to judge a player, but he seemed to be on his heels, and was reactive rather than proactive. I just wish he’d have a go more often. But he’s not a young player now.

to me he epitomises coaching - knows his role and the part he plays in the system and doesn't take risks. A steady player .

To me there are not enough unpredictable players , the ones that do the unexpected and so make opportunities.

Football has evolved the role of wingback because we don't produce wingers i.e. players who can either (and usually both) run to the bye line and cross or run past the opposition with the ball at their feet. Once again March is a classic example, a failed winger nne of the current players can do what Knockhaert could do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here