Knockhaert - 9 outstanding.
Hemed - 6
Murray - 6

Sidwell - 6
March -6

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale 9 - What a double save. Think we definitely would have lost if they'd scored the penalty. Otherwise solid generally and nothing he can do about the goal
Goldson 6.5 - Not a great game but did okay playing out of position
Duffy 8.5 - Superb in the air, especially with 10 men. Meant they hardly had a shot after the penalty
Dunk 8.5 - Again brilliant. Unlucky with the own goal
Pocognoli 9 - Solid all game and two brilliant crosses in the second half, one of which led to the second goal. If he stays fit, he could be a key player for the rest of the season. Harsh booking
Knockaert 10 - Wow. Showed intent by beating three of them in the first couple of minutes. What a performance. Definitely back to his best and he works so hard too
Stephens 7 - Very mixed game. Some really good play but also gave the ball away a few times
Norwood 6.5 - Similar to Stephens but also at fault for their goal. Did play a part in our first goal too though, setting Hemed away
Murphy 6 - Disappointing. Never really got in the game but did provide support to Pocognoli when needed
Murray 6 - Again never really got in the game. Works much better with Baldock than Hemed
Hemed 7.5 - Struggled alongside Murray but played much better as the lone striker. Played a big part in the second goal in the build up

Subs:

Sidwell 7 - Calmed us down in midfield. Might start midweek based on that
March 6.5 - In the game a bit more than Murphy but not a lot more. Knockaert could have set him free a couple of times but held on to the ball too long
Skalak - Not on long enough to mark him

Hughton 10 - Got it tactically spot on with 10 men. We were superb

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Stockdale 8 - all about that moment. Thought he looks shaky tonight and failed to dominate his box
Goldson 5 - looked woefully out of position, which of course, he was. I'd play Hunt on Tuesday
Duffy 8 - immense.
Dunk 7 - strangely quiet. Unlucky with the OG
Pocognoli 8 - two incredible deliveries.
Knockaert 10 MotM - sublime. Wednesday will be delighted to see the back of him
Norwood 6 - I'm surprised kayal or sidwell didn't replace him sooner but CH loves his set pieces. Calamitous intervention that led to the OG. Marked up for releasing Hemed for the goal
Stephens 7 - better than Norwood, but we often looked overrun in midfield, even with eleven men
Murphy 6 - didn't offer too much. Should have scored with that header
Hemed 7 - good game. Great work for the opener. Tired.
Murray 5 - largely anonymous until he popped up in our own box

March 6
Sidwell 6
Skalak n/a

I would agree with your sentiments, felt Goldson struggled and was caught out of position too many times, looked a metre off the pace and needs that game time. We were clearly overun in the midfield towards the end of the first half and the early second half. Norwood had too many wayward passes that never reached their destination and Stephens was slow on the ball and capable of only passing sideways and back. I thought CH should have made changes earlier and wonder why the reluctance to play Kayal?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Knockaert 10 (think it's the first one I've ever given)
Hemed and Stockdale 9 - what a shift Tomer put in and had a hand in both goals.
Everyone else 7 bar Goldson, who's really not a full back and Murphy, who did little of note

Absolutely. Hemed was immense. I take issue with anyone rating his contribution as 'OK'.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdale - 9. Nothing he could've have done for the goal. Double save including a pen!
Goodson - 6. Shame we didn't have more set plays to utilise our three CBs
Dunk - 8. Really awkward OG, Norwood at fault
Duffy - 8.5. Solid all night
Pocognoli - 8. Magnificent cross for the match winner and solid defensively. Not bad for returning from injury
Knochaert - 10. Had the work of two men without great support from Goodson. Beating 2-3 players all night and ripped Prudil apart. A few moments where he should have passed (March twice) but without him, we lose that game.
Stephens - 7. Not at his best, but did enough
Norwood - 5. At fault for the goal, but played in Hemed before he set up Knockers... but didn't do enough defensively when we needed it
Murphy - 6. Looked okay, but I felt he lacked ambition to beat a player. Too scared to make a mistake
Hemed -8. Played a very important role when down to 10. Played his part in most of our attacks 'pass to Knockaert' is a great tactic XD
Murray - 5. Very lucky the pen didn't change the game!

Sidwell - 6. Did okay, played his part for the second.
March - 6.5. Made one good dribble with the ball. Almost had two chances if he was played in

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought on Murphy.....thought he just kept making the wrong run, time and again. Was the same against MK. Constantly cuts inside (when he doesn't have the ball I mean) when the defence or midfield are looking for him out wide.

Davidov

Jan 8, 2017
As mentioned by others, there were 3 or so occasions of uncharacteristic communication problems between Stockade and CBs. Impossible to know whether there was a shout etc. - certainly Stockade was annoyed at the time on some of it but, like the OG, I think a bit of blame has to be shared. Otherwise Stockdale was immense, for the double save and a couple of other solid moments.

Stockdale - 8 See above, loses a point for mix-ups but otherwise superb, heroics for the pen and the more 'simple' saves too like the very well gathered direct free kick 1st half
Goldson - 6 We definitely lost at lot going forward, but solid, proving CH made the right call
Dunk - 7.5 Felt sorry for him with the OG - it wasn't a terrible one. Stockade probably had it but it it came at him from so close he wasn't to know
Duffy - 7.5 One or two shaky moments, otherwise excellent
Pocognoli - 8.5 Class. I really hope we can make it permanent. Looking like the player we knew he had the potential to be
Norwood - 6.5 Mixed game - not as effective as Stephens but OK. Had to get something on the cross for the Weds goal but it went badly
Stephens - 8 Involved throughout. On form
Knockaert - 9.5 Almost perfect performance - reminded me of Messi for a moment
Murphy - 5.5 Struggled to make an impact. With the opposition sometimes doubling up on Knockaert it's a shame he couldn't find more space. Credit to Wednesday's defence though
Hemed - 7.5 Great all round contribution. Great footwork prior to his assist and to get away from Hutchinson when he got his 1st yellow
Murray - 4.5 Hardly involved until the sending off, and would have expected him to score the chance at the start.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Stockdale- Didn't see too much of a threat in the first half save for some fairly comfortable saves, cant be blamed for an unfortunate OG but saved the goal when we absolutely needed him to 8.5
Dunk- An unfortunate header that was just the wrong angle, but didn't let it get to him in the second half and was as stalwart as ever- 7
Duffy- Had a decent game as a solid defender, and had a good attempt at goal 7
Pocognoli- Came back into the team in a good way, one crucial assist and a good performance overall, a quality defender, shame he got a booking however. 8
Goldson- Perhaps a bit more understated in performance than the others but clearly not fond of standing in for Bruno, all things considered he was fine 6.5
Norwood- Thrown off by Forestieri and caused a silly own goal, just wasn't his game 5
Stephens- a really solid performance and was a real trooper in the midfield, did a great job 7
Murphy- was often second to the ball and gave an unnecessary amount of possession to Wednesday, playing perhaps a bit too safe, but at least did not make any major errors 5.5
Knockaert- there isn't much more that is to be said about Knockaert, but he was a truly special player out there last night, Sheffield tried hard to contain him, and yet he ruled the wing, his first goal was absolutely spectacular considering he had to beat four players (including the keeper) to chip it in. And his constant effort was rewarded with the winner, played a bit more like an individual rather than a team player but no complaints here as he was a class above Wednesday 9.5
Hemed- one of his better games, definitely stood in well for Baldock though perhaps a little too willing to give Knocky the ball, had a narrow chance for a goal but was just an inch off the ball, but his attacking pace was great 8
Murray- Didnt really have much of a chance at goal, cant dispute the penalty but didn't deserve the red 6

Sidwell- a reasonable replacement for Norwood, did ok 6
March- probably deserved to see more of the ball as he is thirsting to prove himself 6.5
Skalak- Came on v late and didn't really have any time to make an impression N/A

Hughton- an unrivalled patience in the second half that knew exactly when to make the changes necessary probably came out of that game a little greyer but didn't we all 10

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thought on Murphy.....thought he just kept making the wrong run, time and again. Was the same against MK. Constantly cuts inside (when he doesn't have the ball I mean) when the defence or midfield are looking for him out wide.

His run diagonally across Hemed for the first goal dragged players with him which created the space for Knocky for the first goal - I thought he was great defensively last night. They did very little down that side.

Strange a few think Stephens wasn't at his best. I thought he was absolutely brilliant.

Full backs was a strange one. I thought Pognoli had poor first half but great 2nd half and Goldson great first half but ropey 2nd half

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 9

Goldson 5
Poc 8
Dunk 8
Duffy 8

Murphy 6
Stephens 6
Norwood 6
Knockaert 9

Murray 6
Hemed 6

Sidwell 7
March 6
Skalak n/a

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I thought pocognoli was good going forward but had a poor game in defence . Especially during the first half , his decision making was very poor . Held on to it too long on a couple of occasions and nearly made us pay . He looked short of confidence and that showed with his challenge which could have been a red

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His run diagonally across Hemed for the first goal dragged players with him which created the space for Knocky for the first goal - I thought he was great defensively last night. They did very little down that side.

Strange a few think Stephens wasn't at his best. I thought he was absolutely brilliant.

Full backs was a strange one. I thought Pognoli had poor first half but great 2nd half and Goldson great first half but ropey 2nd half

I agree virtually 100% I thought that Goldson was poor supporting AK in attack but that isnt his natural game so he can be excused.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I agree virtually 100% I thought that Goldson was poor supporting AK in attack but that isnt his natural game so he can be excused.

First half he was quite powerful moving forward did Goldson but he went missing a bit in the 2nd

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 9 -- immense, sublime double penalty save
Goldson 6.5 -- pretty solid defensively, pretty poor going forward
Duffy 8 -- beast
Dunk 8.5 -- the neighbour of the beast
Pocognoli 8.5 -- solid at the back, utter sublime crosses
Knockaert 10 MotM -- won us the game, back on song; could have taken a half-point off for holding on to the ball for too long too many times towards the end, especially when March was free
Norwood 6.5 -- great passing, but could have done better for their goal and more imposing in the heat of the battle
Stephens 8.5 -- he was imposing in the heat of the battle, and his passing was good too
Murphy 6 -- did some good defensive work, but pretty anonymous offensively
Hemed 8 -- had a really effective game, looked sharper, set Knocky up well for his first, some good touches, interplay and hold-up play
Murray 6 -- not his day. WA said he made a great save that stopped a goal though

March 7 -- a wonder to behold when he's in flight
Sidwell 7 -- solid cameo
Skalak n/a

Who was it that set Hemed on his way for the first goal, with that brilliant outstretched pass?

only a 9 for the great Tone from me , wasnt quite perfect !

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 9
Goldson 6
Pogognoli 8
Dunk 7
Duffy 8
Stephens 8
Norwood 6
Murphy 6
Knockeart 10
Hemed 7
Murray 7

Sidwell 7
March 6
Skalak na

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He actually played the ball and his follow through caught the guy's knee, a total accident. It wasn't even a foul, so he was unlucky to be booked. Pogognoli, that is.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Only watched it on Sky but wouldn't mark anybody below 7 (good?) as everybody played as a team.Outstanding were Knocky,Stockdale,and Duffy,with Hemed's best performance in some while.Wonder if he misses Beram?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here