Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Forest away

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We really didn't play particularly well ... again ... but the result was the important thing. Derby will watch that display and believe they have an easy passage into the final. Hope they're wrong.

Why didn't we play in blue and white stripes? They're our colours, not crappy yellow.

I know the result justifies Oscar's decision to bring on CMS for Buckley, but why did he not haul off a defender when we had to score a goal? Strange decision.

Kuszczack 5. Awful mistake for the goal, otherwise OK. Follows his "walkabout" in the last game saved by Dunk's goal-line clearance. Not too fussed if he leaves. There must be better out there.
Calderon 7. Decent enough game with super shot near the end requiring a great save from their goalie.
Greer 6. Gave the ball away a little too often. Some poor long balls. Otherwise OK.
Upson 7. The better of the two CBs, as usual.
Ward 8. Good defending, good forward runs, great goal. MOM.
Andrews 5. Stupid ball direct to a Forest player for their goal. It should have been booted upfield. Otherwise OK, but nothing special.
JFC 5. Lacks presence in midfield. Poor replacement for Stephens.
Orlandi 7. Class, but clearly not yet fully fit. We have missed him.
Buckley 6. Where is the Buckley of old? Based on last two performances does not deserve to start ahead of March.
Lingard 6. One of his poorest performances. Knocked off the ball far too easliy.
Ulloa 7. Gets an additional point for the goal, but overall a poor performance. Ball control often lacking, difficulty trapping the ball, falls over too often ... where is the Leonardo we signed?

Subs:
Lua Lua 6. Didn't get a touch in his first 7 mins on the pitch. Three long range shots, one of which was close. Otherwise not at his best.
March 7. Again showed his best position is out wide. Good strong display and better decision making.
CMS. Not on long enough to rate, but very good cross for 2nd goal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Orlandi was about 4. He was very poor today. How is Stephens injury?

Orlandi took a great corner which led to our first goal.

Kuszczak 6
Calderon 7
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 8
Andrews 6
Forster-Caskey 6
Buckley 6
Orlandi 7
Lingard 6
Ulloa 7

LuaLua 7
CMS 7
March 6

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Interesting to see the scores handed out to Kusczak. The win may have saved him from some lower scores but if that had been Brez or Ankregen they would have been slated and marked with scores ranging from zero to three at best.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak 5
Calderon 6
Greer 7
Upson 7
Ward 8
Andrews 6
Caskey 6
Orlandi 5
Lingard 5
Buckley 5
Ulloa 6

Lualua 6
March 5
M-Smith 6

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
PIG would not want that goal on TV,if he is looking to leave.Ulloa was poor,but he scored. Andrews MOM,but that pass ! Lingard.....see CMS .Orlandi,such a shame !!!.......

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Lua lua makes things happen again.
When he came on drew another defender out and cut in and looked dangerous.
Lost the secpnd ball and gave the ball away not the best but did the biz. Whoo!
Lua lua 7
ward 7
upson 6.5

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Kusczak...at fault for the goal but did ok otherwise, a good save in the 2nd half. 6/10
Calde.......did nothing wrong for me and had a good shot in the second half, played the second half in right midfield for most of it. 7/10
Upson......solid, struggled last 25 mins second half with his injuries, let's not crock him in the first play off game if we don't have too. 7.5/10
Greer........made a couple of good tackles and won a few headers, distribution and decision making sometimes...mmmmm. 6/10
Ward........defended ok and scored a goal. 7.5/10
Orlandi.......looked like he needed more game time and fitness, a good ball in for the first goal though. 5/10
JFC...........would like to have seen him impose more impact on the midfield today. 5/10
Andrews...pick of the midfield, one poor clearance but still pigs fault. 6.5/10

When I watch us play this year I'm always left feeling our midfield lets our teams display down, not all individually but certainly collectively.

Buckley.....already been said where is the player he was? Again not at his best today. 5.5/10
Lingard.......slipped, fell and ball bounced of him today, not his day. 5/10
Ulloa.........it must be very hard and disappointing trying to hold the ball with very little support most of the time, scored the play off goal. 7.5/10
Subs..KLL Made a difference and CMS great cross for the goal, Solly some good forward runs. 7.5/10 collectively.

MOM....the team,OG and the squad, well done so far!!!

Ref......good game. 8/10

Their support...only sang when they were winning 5/10

Our support...10/10 as usual, we sang and we then sang some more....

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Kuszczak 6 Showed in the second half that the mistake didn't affect him too much
Calderon 7 Did well to keep his shot down and on target. Thought he was pretty solid
Greer 5 On another day we could have been punished for his mistakes.
Upson 7 Showed why he is player of the season
Ward 8 Some sloppy passes early on but was more and more influentual as the game went on. Great goal
Andrews 7 Thought he had a better game today other than poor pass for their goal
Forster-Caskey 6 Didn't think he was a bad as some on here think. Broke up play with the odd mistake
Buckley 3 Played with ten men for most of the match. He has lost his pace, didn't beat his full back once either side and gets knocked off the ball easily
Orlandi 6 Probably our most technically gifted player, but nowhere near fit. Dead ball quality, but nothing else today
Lingard 4 Occasion got to him and probably the worst I have seen him play
Ulloa 6 Would have been a 5 but for the goal. Looks disinterested at times and head drops when things don't go his way, BUT knows where the net is when it counts

LuaLua 6 Usual Kaz performance. You never know what you are going to get, but frightens defenders and is able of getting a goal out of nothing
CMS 7 Should have come on with 15 minutes to go. Great cross for goal and would like to see him start against Derby at home with Ulloa
March 7 Got to start ahead of Buckley. Did more in ten minutes than Buckley did in the whole game

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I listened on the radio while watching the Reading game, so have none to offer, but anyone who watched the game have ratings? (preferably proper ratings not a bunch of "heroes, the lot of 'em, 10s all round!")

Just out of Interest. I note that you quite often start these Ratings threads on match days.

When you say you watched the Reading game and listened to our game, were you actually at the Madejski? If not, I am just curious why you didn't do it the other away around?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kusch - 5 un characteristic error & punched a fee he could've caught
Calde - 5 un characteristically panicked in the ball
Wardy - 6 poor game by the high standard he's set - extra point for the goal
Greer - 4 had a mare
Upson - 6 Fairly solid
Buckley - 5 seems to have lost some pace & confidence again
Andrews - 6 Compared to his last 5 games he played like Gerrard - still not good enough for this level IMO
JFC - 6.5 battled well & ran a lot
Lingard - 5 lightweight at times & didn't work for him
Orlandi - 5 didn't look fit
Ulloa - 5 had a shocker but did the business when it mattered

KLL - 7 brought something different
March - 7 as above and wasn't afraid to run at them
CMS - 7 worldy of a cross

Prob been a bit harsh but fact is we didn't play that well & looked nervy. Couldn't care less though as got the result we needed!

:thumbsup: I'll run with that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I was expecting to be crucified for being harsh - truth be told we were v poor til last 10 mins though! Couldn't care less though :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I've also just realised this poxy I phone predictive text makes a lot of what I've written rather odd lol

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was expecting to be crucified for being harsh - truth be told we were v poor til last 10 mins though! Couldn't care less though :)

I thought we were shit for the most part but showed great character to keep plugging away. Delighted for CMS, really really happy for him.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
TK: 6 - complete disaster for their goal but solid after that
Calde: 6 - OK, great effort on goal late on
Greer: 6 - predictably solid for 80 mins but still makes scary unforced errors faffing around in our box
Upson: 7 - Mr. Dependable, as usual
Ward: 6 - mixed bag of a game, but neatly taken goal, love his enthusiasm
Andrews: 6 - OK
JFC: 6 - another quiet game, rarely popped up on the radar. We miss the industry and vision of Stephens
Buckley: 6 - played within himself, never really gave it the full gas at any point or create a direct threat. He tends to drift towards the corner flag rather than cut in across the edge of the opposition box
Lingard: 6 - some nice touches, but did not get into dangerous areas
Ulloa: 7 - not his best game but scored 'that' goal, so job done. My MoM for that alone.
Orlandi: 6 - low key, maybe not fully fit but could have a significant role in the play offs.

KLL: 6 - carried a reasonable threat, should have got the ball to him more often. One cracking shot that fizzed past the far post
CMS: 6 - great cross, good to see him making a big contribution to the outcome
March: 6 - quietish cameo with one or two nice touches

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just out of Interest. I note that you quite often start these Ratings threads on match days.

When you say you watched the Reading game and listened to our game, were you actually at the Madejski? If not, I am just curious why you didn't do it the other away around?

I was at home.

I wanted to keep track of both games, so had to listen to one and watch the other, I don't have a seagulls player subscription so I didn't know what radio station I could listen to for the reading commentary, whereas I knew bbc sussex for ours. So I listened to ours (like I do all away games) and watched the reading one on the tv, I have recorded ours so I can watch it later. I knew sky would show highlights of the important bits of the brighton game anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was at home.

I wanted to keep track of both games, so had to listen to one and watch the other, I don't have a seagulls player subscription so I didn't know what radio station I could listen to for the reading commentary, whereas I knew bbc sussex for ours. So I listened to ours (like I do all away games) and watched the reading one on the tv, I have recorded ours so I can watch it later. I knew sky would show highlights of the important bits of the brighton game anyway.

That's OK Acker. I'm not knocking you. I know you like your stats and your posts are informative. I just guess if I had a choice of games, I would have watched the Albion. Sky kept everyone up to date on the state of play.

Anyway enjoy. I'm still buzzing.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Kuszczak 6 Showed in the second half that the mistake didn't affect him too much
Calderon 7 Did well to keep his shot down and on target. Thought he was pretty solid
Greer 5 On another day we could have been punished for his mistakes.
Upson 7 Showed why he is player of the season
Ward 8 Some sloppy passes early on but was more and more influentual as the game went on. Great goal
Andrews 7 Thought he had a better game today other than poor pass for their goal
Forster-Caskey 6 Didn't think he was a bad as some on here think. Broke up play with the odd mistake
Buckley 3 Played with ten men for most of the match. He has lost his pace, didn't beat his full back once either side and gets knocked off the ball easily
Orlandi 6 Probably our most technically gifted player, but nowhere near fit. Dead ball quality, but nothing else today
Lingard 4 Occasion got to him and probably the worst I have seen him play
Ulloa 6 Would have been a 5 but for the goal. Looks disinterested at times and head drops when things don't go his way, BUT knows where the net is when it counts

LuaLua 6 Usual Kaz performance. You never know what you are going to get, but frightens defenders and is able of getting a goal out of nothing
CMS 7 Should have come on with 15 minutes to go. Great cross for goal and would like to see him start against Derby at home with Ulloa
March 7 Got to start ahead of Buckley. Did more in ten minutes than Buckley did in the whole game

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here