Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

player ratings v burnley

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well it's a game of opinions - Hemed was immense in his hold up and lay off play - what were you lot watching? I though all the back four were very good too, just their set pieces are excellent, other than that they had nothing. Both wingers very good, Kayal near perfect and Stephens excellent.

Yes, yes, yes :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
stockdale.........6 not an awful lot to do
bruno ......... 7 standard solid performance
goldson ......... 8 great find good prospect but until him and
dunk ........... 6 needs to grow up and concentrate for corners rather than trying to get his mans shirt off , the facial on vokes and the needless knee on barton while he was rolling around could have got him a card on another day.
rosenior .........6 just did enough , just
stephens .........7 not a bad game but looked shattered in 2nd half
kayal.......... 9 immense , the guy is a machine , if we don't go up liverpool are after him.
knockaert ..... 7.5 clearly capable of so much but had a few decent shooting opps on his left foot whqich he bottled.
murphy....... 6.5 as above , could have put it on a plate for wilson 2nd half......too lightweight
baldock....... 6 offered little
hemed....... 5 bloody hell.......you could be cruel and say he missed 2 sitters.....**** me we need to be putting these chances away

wilson...........5 can't suss out what his problem is , he looked knackered after 10 minutes and has the physical presence of a bunch of daffodils......along with murphy he is just too lightweight.

sidwell .........4 what does he offer really....?? i was thinking ch would bring off hemed and put kaz on in front of bong and try and finish the game but no he brings on sidwell and tries to see the game out ....again.....how many times...?? one bonus is we took burnley to the wire and i don't think we played that well ....could have been 4-1 at half time.

ref bell -end 4 , grinning linesman 2 , only had 2 off side decisions to make and got one badly wrong.

all in all......:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Where have you seen Liverpool are after Hemed?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
It was a great team performance. We looked like one of the top 3 teams in the Championship ... err which we are!
For me Dunk did a brilliant job on Andre Gray who looked very dangerous. Thought Baldock looked very lively, Goldson so solid, Kayal's tenacity amazing, Knockaert runs his socks off and is a terrifying offensive player, brilliant for the goal. Is there a cooler more skillful full back than Bruno? Is Stockdale much behind Heaton?

On the could do better front: Wilson too often looks too lightweight.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought Hemed was very good today. Hold up play great, won headers, touch and lay offs good. Sure he may have scored one. But the 5/10 ratings on here are shocking.

I totally agree and not only that his constant closing down often stops the opposition breaking quickly out of defence

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am staggered that so many though Hemed was anything but bloody superb yesterday. I was not a fan at all for a large part of this season but he was one of our best players yesterday IMO.

Strikers miss goals, even world class ones ( not suggesting that he is world class btw)

Closing down, headers won and layoffs as well as some excellent ball control, all in all an excellent performance. Was I watching a different game to so many of you

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
Stockdale - 7: Didn't really have much of a chance on either of the goals. I thought his kicking today was superb, and was constantly a source of attacking potential.

Bruno - 7: Another solid, brave performance from the captain. Hoping his knock doesn't keep him out of action.
Goldson - 8: Really, really impressive display from one of the upcoming talents in the country. So cool and collected. I didn't see him put a foot wrong.
Dunk - 7: Perhaps a bit of blunder from the corners, but I felt Dunk was alert to the danger, particularly along the ground. His tackles were vital in keeping Gray quiet.
Rosenior - 7: Like Goldson, looked cool and collected. Also thought he carried a good amount of danger when he was going forward.

Knockaert - 8: Hopefully a sign of his form returning, Knockaert was a source of excitement all afternoon. I thought his goal was splendid.
Stephens - 7: One of his best first halves in a good long while. He fizzled out a bit in the second half, wasn't really suited to a dogged defensive display.
Kayal - 9: Outstanding. Brave, loyal and determined. Well worth his man of the match award and his obvious talent is hopefully going to be the key component in us being promoted.
Murphy - 6: Everything but the final bit of quality. Lots of dangerous runs down the wing, but just couldn't get the final piece to fit.

Baldock - 7: A very good first forty minutes, arguably carrying more threat than Wilson did in the entire game. Hope his injury isn't too severe.
Hemed - 7: A bit more of a technical side to Hemed's game. Lot's of nice flicks, but he just didn't link up with Wilson in the way he has done with Baldock

Wilson - 5: Just wasn't on the ball today unfortunately. Perhaps a bit too 'soft' for the Championship, but let's not forget about the real quality he has at his disposal.
Sidwell: 4: He just doesn't do anything for the team. The tempo you lose when he comes on is scary. If only someone had said it in January... oh wait.
Bong - 5: Still coming back to his early season fitness.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Player Ratings

Highest Rated
Kayal 8.83 (98mins, 26 votes)

The Rest
<Bruno 7.67 (84mins, 26 votes)
Goldson 7.63 (98mins, 26 votes)
Knockaert 7.56 (98mins, 26 votes)
Stephens 7.50 (98mins, 26 votes)
Dunk 6.81 (98mins, 26 votes)
Rosenior 6.79 (98mins, 26 votes)
<Hemed 6.69 (88mins, 26 votes)
Murphy 6.69 (98mins, 26 votes)
<Baldock 6.56 (43mins, 26 votes)
Stockdale 6.50 (98mins, 26 votes)
>Bong 5.19 (14mins, 21 votes)
>Wilson 4.56 (55mins, 26 votes)
>Sidwell 4.46 (10mins, 24 votes)

Squad Average: 6.67

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
not gonna rate the guys individually, thought the whole team was brilliant.

However I will rate Hughton - 4/10
Thought he really got it wrong at the most important part of the match. Hemed played his socks off and needed to be replaced, we were on top at that point in the game so why not bring on Kaz or Skalak? Kaz could have played out wide and Murph could play the number 10 role, or Skalak could play the 10 role if he came on. This way we would have kept the pressure on their defence rather than let them have time at the back and lump balls up to Vokes and Barnes.
Really disappointing to see Hughton bring on Sidwell and effectively lose 2 points, I really fear that his inept tactics could cost us auto promotion, and he let the boys down today.

Also as a side note, surprised to see so many people rate Goldson so generously today when both the Burnley goals, as well as the 'non-goal', all came from Michael Keane (being marked by Goldson) winning the ball direct from the corner. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fantastic player and an unbelievable pick from the lower leagues, just think a few got their rating for him wrong today.

Interesting comments re Goldson. The Sunday Times only gave him 5 out of 10 in support of your view. He does not have a lot of physicality and this may become clearer as opponents play on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here