Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings v BMuff

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
First half they had two very good chances before they scored which should have been a wake up call as they were rampaging through the middle and it needed some change of formation from the bench, the first goal Duffy pulled up just as the attack started had he not done he may have been able to cover the full back who raced in to score, we were all over the place today in defence Duffy and Dunk looked ponderous today while Montoya looked lightweight against big strong forwards Bernardo looked the best of a poor bunch, Midfield while not not doing anything individually terrable collectively and not for the first time were overrun while upfront we looked puff powder, CH outdone tactically

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Sadly all were complete and utter shite.

Better to squeeze it out on the pitch today than drop an almighty curler on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The only person who I can understand being rated lower than Propper is Knockaert for his antics.

The bloke had ZERO fight today, laboured on and off the ball, ****ing disgraceful in a game that meant so much. I'm glad CH at least recognised it (albeit half an hour too late) and hauled him off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is one of the easiest of the season.

6 being satisfactory.

5 all round except Bissouma 7 and Knockaert 4 because he let himself, his team mates and the supporters down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The only person who I can understand being rated lower than Propper is Knockaert for his antics.

The bloke had ZERO fight today, laboured on and off the ball, ****ing disgraceful in a game that meant so much. I'm glad CH at least recognised it and hauled him off half an hour too late.

Couldn’t agree more. A shocking game, Propper was outclassed by his CM opponents, embarrassing key passes destroying any good work by others, the guy has no pace .... as opponents run away from him in counter attacks (in every match).

I don’t get why so many NSC’ers love Propper, whilst condemning Stephens, March and Murray.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan -1- not only letting in 5 but his distribution is terrible
Montoya -1- Get Bruno back for the run in - we need a leader
Duffy -1- spent most the game on his arse having had the B’mouth players run rings around him
Dunk -1- see Duffy
Bernardo -1- how many times did he slip over
Stephens -5- scapegoated today the boos before half time when he played it backwards when he didn’t have any other options, were unwarranted. Just to add I’m not a Stephens fan
Propper -2- I don’t know what he brings to the team
Bissouma -6- showed some urgency
AK -2- gave the ball away for their 2nd. Didn’t see sending off, would like to say he showed some passion but it seems like it was a terrible tackle
Locadia -1- Always looks so wooden
Andone -1- did literally nothing

Murray -5- did more than Andone
Izqueirdo -4- only just game on when AK saw red. Then had to adapt his game

Good post.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Bernardo and Bissouma the only ones to get as high as 5 for me. Quite something when Ryan, Dunk, Duffy, Propper, Knockaert and Andone somehow all managed to turn in their all-time poorest performances in the same game.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
This is one of the easiest of the season.

6 being satisfactory.

5 all round except Bissouma 7 and Knockaert 4 because he let himself, his team mates and the supporters down.

Agree, except for Bissouma: great potential but when he gives the ball away ( as he often does) is it wrong to expect him to make every effort to get it back rather than stroll back?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought that with dunks performance against the England centre forward today actually showed why the big clubs haven't really come in for him.

He was hassled and bullied by a far better footballer and shown up to be fair.

Defence were ripped apart by a fluid fast sharp attacking force and they got no help from a weak midfield.

If andone and locadia are worth over £25 million, football has gone stark raving mad!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Couldn’t agree more. A shocking game, Propper was outclassed by his CM opponents, embarrassing key passes destroying any good work by others, the guy has no pace .... as opponents run away from him in counter attacks (in every match).

I don’t get why so many NSC’ers love Propper, whilst condemning Stephens, March and Murray.

Because he is a foreign signing for big money with international caps who can occasionally do a pirouette and complete a pass with the outside of his foot.

Bissouma much the same, flatters to deceive but harder to criticise as he at least puts a shift in despite looking like a dog without a leash.

These are the two midfielders who are supposed to unlock defences for us, yet Stephens is the one scapegoated again. It's hilarious. The pair of them can't conjure up a shooting chance to save their lives.

Murray is another one, constantly criticised with declarations that his career is over and holding us back, that we need magical Andone and Locadia to save the day. Hope people were watching ****ing closely today.

I'd take our promotion side all day long vs Cardiff on Tuesday, give me this:

Stockdale
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
March Stephens Sidwell Murphy
Baldock
Murray/Hemed

They would get the job done or at the very least go down fighting.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Ryan 5
Montoya 4
Dunk 5
Duffy 5
Bernardo 6
Bissouma 4.5 (6 first half, 3 second half)
Stephens 5
Propper 1
Knockhaert 3
Locadia 2
Andone 2

Murray 4
Izquierdo 2

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because he is a foreign signing for big money with international caps who can occasionally do a pirouette and complete a pass with the outside of his foot.

Bissouma much the same, flatters to deceive but harder to criticise as he at least puts a shift in despite looking like a dog without a leash.

These are the two midfielders who are supposed to unlock defences for us, yet Stephens is the one scapegoated again. It's hilarious. The pair of them can't conjure up a shooting chance to save their lives.

Murray is another one, constantly criticised with declarations that his career is over and holding us back, that we need magical Andone and Locadia to save the day. Hope people were watching ****ing closely today.

I'd take our promotion side all day long vs Cardiff on Tuesday, give me this:

Stockdale
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
March Stephens Sidwell Murphy
Baldock
Murray/Hemed

They would get the job done or at the very least go down fighting.

I’d love Stephens in a 3 man Albion CM, with any of the following working with him/in front of him:

Ward-Prowse and Armstrong
McNeil and Westwood
Doucoure and Pereyra

I watched DS closely today, awaiting those around me in the NS to pick on the fall guy, but he kept mopping up danger expertly, and he immediately looked to pass forward, but faced Andone, Locadia and Propper showing no movement whatsoever. Pathetic by them, DS can hold his head high tonight.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I’d love Stephens in a 3 man Albion CM, with any of the following working with him/in front of him:

Ward-Prowse and Armstrong
McNeil and Westwood
Doucoure and Pereyra

I watched DS closely today, awaiting those around me in the NS to pick on the fall guy, but he kept mopping up danger expertly, and he immediately looked to pass forward, but faced Andone, Locadia and Propper showing no movement whatsoever. Pathetic by them, DS can hold his head high tonight.

My favourite was on the cusp of HT, Bissouma, with several other passes on, passed it backwards to him who in turn had to go backwards himself without another pass on.

Who gets the stick I wonder?

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I'm surprised by some of the low marks for Stephens
Not for the first time he was left on his own in midfield with Bissouma who is still finding his feet and goes absent for large periods of time and Propper who looks disinterested and doesn't want the ball. Most of our problems come from the midfield 3 and it's not down to Stephens. I know people moan that he always passes backwards but maybe if Propper wanted the ball and made a run then he would have someone to pass to.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
My favourite was on the cusp of HT, Bissouma, with several other passes on, passed it backwards to him who in turn had to go backwards himself without another pass on.

Who gets the stick I wonder?

That's trained into them, defence 1st. Mustn't have shots on goal we might score

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Yep, I thought he was our best player today (or should I say least worst). He put in some useful tackles, mopped up a lot of loose balls and, after Propper went off, played more forward and put a few decent passes in.

I can see why people like Bissouma - he looks exciting, makes a couple of decent runs and has a nice touch. But he also gives the ball away a lot (his losing possession has been responsible for a few goals this season). I think he'll get better but he's some way from the finished article.

No doubt about the two worst performances today: Knockaert and Propper seemed to be having a competition to see who could be more abysmal. To say they had shockers is a bit too kind.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
5-0, worst result at home in over 45 years, that's as long as I've been a supporter, an almost as long as I've been alive

bunch of zero's, with a lower case b

Last chance saloon Tue, if we lose that and CH doesn't resign, it's in TB's hands, that will depend on his 'business acumen ' I ****ing hate the football though. Defenders don't make good managers.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm surprised by some of the low marks for Stephens
Not for the first time he was left on his own in midfield with Bissouma who is still finding his feet and goes absent for large periods of time and Propper who looks disinterested and doesn't want the ball. Most of our problems come from the midfield 3 and it's not down to Stephens. I know people moan that he always passes backwards but maybe if Propper wanted the ball and made a run then he would have someone to pass to.

Penny has dropped for a few blinkered Propper fans over the last few games, the ones I speak to anyway.

He's not a bad player by any stretch, but he has the urgency of a three-toed sloth. He suits the Dutch league where players rarely break into a jog, let alone press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here