Maupay - 10 -awesome

Potter really is a magician !!

Am I getting carried away ?

Surely potter is a wizard

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What about Bong?

Being serious I thought Dunk and Stephens were superb today against so called top opposition. Don’t let the chaos at Spurs take away any credit from our boys today. Our dominance Reminded me of when we hammered Norwich.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ryan - good kicking (mostly). Kept himself big to keep out moura and got down well and stretched to keep out another shot late on but I can't remember who from
Webster - some positive runs, and the discipline to know when to stay back
Dunk - good form on the headlock, a nice waistlock rollover, but poor exectution of the backslide pin attempt. His football was good though.
Burn - always seems to look tired around 70-mins and I keep expecting him to be subbed, then he seems to move to centre forward
Montoya - neat interactions on the wing, got forward well
Alzate - Great awareness to poke the goal home, I thought. Before realising it was Connolly. One of them needs to dye their hair green or something. With 44 and 46 looking similar from the other end of the west upper, it's hard to tell the two short dark-haired guys apart.
Stephens - I can't wait for the corner routine to come off.
Mooy - Sort of performance that explains us signing him. That take down of the ball. I can't really remember it in detail, but I remember how it made me feel warm and fuzzy.
Connolly - Got the monkey off his back, with a good double. First had a bit of luck with the keeper pushing it into his path, but that second showed what having the first goal under him meant and is very promising going forward.
Gross - Couple of dangerous crosses, looked like the gross of old.
Maupay - seemed to see Connolly's double as a personal challenge and seemingly became more up for it after we got to 3-0

Bong - Didn't really notice much, one cross a little close to the keeper, but that worked for Gross!
Bissoma - Didn't seem up to speed. Maybe instructed to sit back, or maybe not fully fit, but still seemed to be a bit quiet.
Murray - Didn't really notice much, except that moment he ran up field without the ball. It looked like he was expecting someone else to win the ball and play it to him, but I'm not sure who was in a good enough position to do that.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan - 8 - Always vigilant decent save in both halves.
Montoya - 7 - Solid.
Webster - 7 - Nervous but got better and better.
Dunk - 9 - Excellent with and without the ball.
Burn - 8 - Struggled at times with his feet but his breaks out of defence gave us an overload time and time again.
Alzate - 8.5 - A star in the making?
Mooy - 9.5 - Ran the game from beginning to end MOM
Gross - 8.5 -Some of his passing was from another planet.
Stephens - 8 .5 - Disgrace of a booking. Protected the back four and created too. Best game in the stripes?
Connolly - 8.5 - Thought he look lightweight for large parts of the game, but boy did he come alive in the box and his 2nd is a thing of beauty.
Maipay - 7 - Scored but I actually thought he wasn't great. His movement was top drawer, but control and finishing slightly off cue.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
10/10 for all here too. Each had a role to play and they did each role brilliantly. What a performance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan - 8 - Always vigilant decent save in both halves.
Montoya - 7 - Solid.
Webster - 7 - Nervous but got better and better.
Dunk - 9 - Excellent with and without the ball.
Burn - 8 - Struggled at times with his feet but his breaks out of defence gave us an overload time and time again.
Alzate - 8.5 - A star in the making?
Mooy - 9.5 - Ran the game from beginning to end MOM
Gross - 8.5 -Some of his passing was from another planet.
Stephens - 8 .5 - Disgrace of a booking. Protected the back four and created too. Best game in the stripes?
Connolly - 8.5 - Thought he look lightweight for large parts of the game, but boy did he come alive in the box and his 2nd is a thing of beauty.
Maipay - 7 - Scored but I actually thought he wasn't great. His movement was top drawer, but control and finishing slightly off cue.

Connolly and Maupay were a nightmare for the Spurs back 4 from the start, throughout. Never allowed time on the ball to spray it about, great at running through the lines, and there when it mattered most in slotting home chances. The broadsheet football writers tonight are loving the performance of Connolly.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
10's across the board

Clean sheet
Keeper makes a few quality saves
No clangers
Attractive passing and play
Strong but fair challenging and possession
Both strikers score
Virtually every player had a shot!

I know Spuds are a bit out of sorts, but that's not why we won, we just wanted it and finally everything clicked. We just owned the champions league finalists!

A day to remember.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan - just a brilliant keeper, you could see how much the clean sheet meant to him, a couple of great saves and his distribution was excellent and he got us moving so quickly 8.5
Montoya - Really has come into his own this season, probably our least appreciated player 8
Dunk - That was an absolutely majestic performance, Kane was totally neutralized 9
Webster - really really like this guy, when he strides forward it remained me of Lawrenson in his day 8
Burn - he has been a revelation, boundless energy, skill and he looks like he loves playing, areal legend in the making 8
Stephens - A player reborn, if he had been a new signing we would be raving about him, having a brilliant season and that is down t Potter 8.5
Mooy - a sublime performance, what a player . Strong, smart and skillful, once the other players get on his wavelength. He will become indispensable 9
Alzate - you wouldn’t believe he was in the first few weeks of his career, a real jewel 8
Maupay - Graft, graft, graft worked so hard today, didn’t give Spurs a moments peace, took his early opportunity and set the tone for the whole game. 8.5
Gross - best game for a year and reminded the fans of why we love him, his crossing is excellent and he was very productive today 8.5
Connolly- superb what a debut, his second goal was a thing of beauty. Aguero would of been happy with that. Fantastic centre if gravity and has a real instinct for goal can’t wait to see how his season pans out. 9.5 MOM

Subs - all did what was asked of them but you can why they are not in the starting 11

Manager - Has the courage of his convictions and believes in the players after last week game against Chelsea where we outplayed and outfought he made the right changes. Of course we will lose games this season but it won’t because we are paralyzed with fear, it has been a joy to watch this team, loving my football again. -10

Crowd - top draw sledging. -9

Ref - Why wasn’t Dier red carded, blatant elbow apart from OK - 6

Spurs - they have gone stale, needed a freshen up during the window and it didn’t happen, they will stabilize but major surgery is needed. -3

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Under scored a few But a more realistic assessment than most on here imho
Yeah good point, you're right, I'm going to stop reveling in today's win, after all I don't go to football for escapist entertainment.

Top work FunSponge.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Mooy playing 9/10 is much better than Propper playing 9/10. More dangerous going forward. Great performance today.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Connolly and Maupay were a nightmare for the Spurs back 4 from the start, throughout. Never allowed time on the ball to spray it about, great at running through the lines, and there when it mattered most in slotting home chances. The broadsheet football writers tonight are loving the performance of Connolly.

Imagine, someone having a differing opinion. Blimey...

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Ryan 7

Burn 7
Dunk 9
Webster 7
Montoya 7

Mooy 8 (Would have been a 9 but I thought he tired in the last 20 and left us exposed on the left)
Stephens 8
Alzate 7
Gross 9

Connolly 9
Maupay 8

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
What about Bong?

Being serious I thought Dunk and Stephens were superb today against so called top opposition. Don’t let the chaos at Spurs take away any credit from our boys today. Our dominance Reminded me of when we hammered Norwich.

Seldom have I seen a player so accomplished at defending have such a massive panic attack every time he crosses the halfway line with the ball.

Still, I love him though and it seems his role this year is to help see games out (his partner in crime for this purpose being Murray).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ryan - just a brilliant keeper, you could see how much the clean sheet meant to him, a couple of great saves and his distribution was excellent and he got us moving so quickly 8.5
Montoya - Really has come into his own this season, probably our least appreciated player 8
Dunk - That was an absolutely majestic performance, Kane was totally neutralized 9
Webster - really really like this guy, when he strides forward it remained me of Lawrenson in his day 8
Burn - he has been a revelation, boundless energy, skill and he looks like he loves playing, areal legend in the making 8
Stephens - A player reborn, if he had been a new signing we would be raving about him, having a brilliant season and that is down t Potter 8.5
Mooy - a sublime performance, what a player . Strong, smart and skillful, once the other players get on his wavelength. He will become indispensable 9
Alzate - you wouldn’t believe he was in the first few weeks of his career, a real jewel 8
Maupay - Graft, graft, graft worked so hard today, didn’t give Spurs a moments peace, took his early opportunity and set the tone for the whole game. 8.5
Gross - best game for a year and reminded the fans of why we love him, his crossing is excellent and he was very productive today 8.5
Connolly- superb what a debut, his second goal was a thing of beauty. Aguero would of been happy with that. Fantastic centre if gravity and has a real instinct for goal can’t wait to see how his season pans out. 9.5 MOM

Subs - all did what was asked of them but you can why they are not in the starting 11

Manager - Has the courage of his convictions and believes in the players after last week game against Chelsea where we outplayed and outfought he made the right changes. Of course we will lose games this season but it won’t because we are paralyzed with fear, it has been a joy to watch this team, loving my football again. -10

Crowd - top draw sledging. -9

Ref - Why wasn’t Dier red carded, blatant elbow apart from OK - 6

Spurs - they have gone stale, needed a freshen up during the window and it didn’t happen, they will stabilize but major surgery is needed. -3

Whilst I've posted blanket 10's. In reality I completely agree with your assessment.once the adrenaline and pale ales wear off, we have to play another team Ina few weeks . . . .different day, different atmosphere, and a team full of themselves after just thrashing their last opposition.

Let battle commence, marvellous scenes await.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not going to do a detailed critique, while all played wonderfully well Maupay really caught my eye, he never stopped running and totally unsettling Spurs defenders.

Think he and Connolly are going to be some package in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here