One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Off the TV admittedly but….

Steele - 7
Lamptey - 6
Dunk - 6 - passing hit and miss, he looked surprised at the MoM award.
Van Hecke 7
Gross - 7
MacAllister - 6
Caciedo - 7.5 - MoM
Buonanotte - 6
Sarmiento - 6
Mitoma - 7
Ferguson - 6

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Our general level has dropped in recent weeks and last nights sloppy display was no surprise. The Albion of 5-6 weeks ago would have put this game out of sight, well before the nervy end of last night.
Good marks ( 7 )
Caicedo
Ferguson
Steele
Van Hecke
Above average ( 6.5 )
Mitoma ( assist elevates his mark )
Dunk ( see above )
Average ( 6 )
Gross
Welbeck
Sarmiento
Undav
Lamptey
Mac
Below average ( 5 )
Buonanotte
Veltman
Poor ( 4 )
Enciso

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
From t’telly:

Steele - 7 - did everything asked of him, but didn’t always look comfortable doing it

Lamptey - 6 - some good play, sometimes seemed to lack confidence in himself

Dunk - 6 - passing a bit wayward

Van Hecke - 7 - shaky start, grew into the game, were others avoiding passing to him at the start?

Gross - 7 - did a job starting in what is not a preferred position

Macallister - 6 - not a strong game, a bit anonymous

Caicedo- 8 - MotM, despite being kicked about all game

Buonanotte - 6 - I think he will be a player for us, but he’s a bit raw right now. We are down to the bones in terms of squad depth.

Sarmiento- 7 - some good play, seemed bright and hungry, but needs a bit more physicality.

Mitoma - 7 - got the assist, signs of his early swashbuckling form returning.

Ferguson - 7 - got the goal, kept getting in the right positions and good hold up play, not a lot of clear cut chances.

Thought the subs all did a job when they came on, bar Enciso, who started chasing after the ball a couple of times when level with an opponent and then just sort of gave up mid-run. Baffling. Was watching from the telly though, might be being unfair.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Steele 8 - a few decent saves and tidy with his feet
Gross 6 - ended up playing right wing which is always funny
Van Hecke 7 - shaky start but steadied, luckily he missed the Stoke player when he dived in towards the end
Dunk 7 - solid enough, great pass for the goal
Lamptey 6 - struggled a bit at left back
Caicedo 8 - MOM, a class above
Mac Allister 6 - struggled a bit
Buonanotte 5 - got into good positions but doesn't look ready yet to me
Sarmiento 6 - lively but stifled by Stoke
Mitoma 7 - not his best performance but we look so much more dangerous when he plays
Ferguson 7 - quiet but still pops up with a goal, he's the next Kane

Welbeck n/a
Undav 4 - some awful heavy touches when he came on
Enciso 4 - looked exhausted and doesn't seem particularly quick?
Veltman 6 - we looked a lot more solid defensively when he came on

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Everyone played well apart from Buonanotte, Enciso + Undav who after multiple opportunities are clearly not Prem standard at the moment

and i'll definitely take £50m for Ali Mac - he's good but not irreplaceable

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
He's a good player ... But for me his level is Brighton. Fair play if he gets a move to a top 4 team but I'm much more confident being ok without him rather than caciedo.
I agree with this, it's surprising how all the part-time pundits hyped him up so high, lazy pundits looking at the gold star upon his chest rather than watching him every minute of every match.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Everyone played well apart from Buonanotte, Enciso + Undav who after multiple opportunities are clearly not Prem standard at the moment

and i'll definitely take £50m for Ali Mac - he's good but not irreplaceable
Buonanotte has had last night, plus 33 minutes in the PL as a sub. Hardly ‘mulitiple opportunities’. Last night we were also missing two of our best players and automatic first choices this season so it’s hardly surprising we weren’t at our best.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Saw first half but only half-arsed the second as I had things to do... but again Caicedo was immense. Bailed out a lot of other players yesterday and turned what would have been a rather poor team performance into a decent one.

The youngsters up front did not have a fun time. Other than the goal, Ferguson was quite poor, and Sarmiento and Buonanotte made it difficult for themselves and others. Massively valuable experience for them though.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We did it.

Steele 7.5 -- great distribution, very calm, one solid early save and made the rest look comfortable
Gross 7 -- did his job
Van Hecke 8 MotM -- some great tackles, interceptions, recoveries. Good on the ball too.
Dunk 7.5 -- some great stuff but, unusually, a lot of sloppy passing
Lamptey 5.5
Caicedo 8 -- kicked to bits, immense
Ali Mac 6.5 -- some stuff worked, others didn't
Buonanotte 5 -- a few sparks, but want more from him
Sarmiento 5 -- outrageous skill, but not strong enough, lost too many 50-50s and got done when tasked with holding the ball up
Mitoma 7 -- did what mattered
Ferguson 7 -- ditto

Subs n/a
No way Dunk justified 7.5. You highlighted sloppy passing and there was loads of it from him especially in the first half. A poor game by his standards. I'd score him 6 max.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Caceido absolutely superb and by far the pick of the bunch with JPVH just behind. The assist for the goal aside Dunk's passing was woeful, incredibly sloppy. Thought everyone put a shift in even if the quality was not that great.

Good to see us finally eke out a win when we were not exactly firing on all cylinders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here