Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Ipswich

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
PIG - 3 Distribution was awful and should not have let the first goal in.
Bruno - 7
Greer - 6
Upson - 6
Ward - 6.5
Ince - 5 Good enough in the middle of the pitch but not good enough when he gets forward.
Andrews - 7
JFC - 6
Buckley - 5
Lingard - 6.5
Ulloa - 5 Looked good at times but he should have taken at least one of his chances.
Lua Lua - 6.5 Made a difference to the team and created some decent chances. It would be nice to see him start on Tuesday so he can prove himself.
March - Not given enough time to settle into the game. Did a brilliant cross to the far post.
Rod - Not on long enough to rate.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
MOTM either Ince or Bruno

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Surprised how many people slagging off Ince. He did look clumsy at times, but he was the only one other than Lingard who showed intent and confidence. Buckley lacked that today and given his experience you'd have expected him to show that ahead of those two. One of the few games we've lost I've left still feeling confident.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was worth the entrance money just to watch Bruno. So I'll give him an 8, the rest 7 except Lingard and Ince 6 and PIG 5

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very disappointed again with March when he came on. He might have a great future but when we are in a crisis and need some thing special and quickly he doesn't convince me. Poor yesterday although that could also be said of a number of players.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
From WSU

Kuszcak - 5 not enough presence
Bruno - 7
Ward - 7
Greer - 7
Upson - 7
Ince - 5 tried hard
JFC - 3 out if his depth
Andrews - 4 anonymous
Buckley - 7
Lingard - 6 fluffed his lines
Ulloa - 7 kept going

Lua Lua - 5.5
March - 4

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Kusczak 6
Ward 6
Greer 5
Upson 6
Bruno 7
Ince 7
Andrews 4
JFC 6
Ulloa 7
Lingard 6
Buckley 7

Kaz 6
Rod 4
Solly 3

Overall - shocking team selection for a home game. Andrews and Ince are not able to play consistently in the same team.

I cannot believe that two of our best players(Stephens and Dunk) from last week were dropped and that shows poor team and man management as players.

Personally I believe that Andrews is one of the poorest midfielders I've seen at the Amex since we moved there from Withdean. Positionally he isolates himself by playing too far away from Ince and also he and Greer look bloody shakey together.

I would also question the reasons for not putting lingard in a central role instead if bringing on Solly March and playing him with Buckley and Lua Lua...neither of them seemed to know what they should be doing toward the end and it would have been better to take Andrews or Ince off and bring on Stephens who is more attack minded and is a better passer of the ball.

So a 3/10 for Oscar and jones for poor tactics and team selection.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Is JFC the new Marmite?

Some gig variations in his scores. I suppose no Barnes or SD leaves it difficult to blame anyone else?

Have to say from what little I have seen of him, his development has gone backwards from when he first broke into the side.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Kusczak 4
Ward 6.5
Greer 6
Upson 6
Bruno 6.5
Ince 6.5
Andrews 6
JFC 6.5
Ulloa 5.5 -Did very little apart from complain about imaginary fouls
Lingard 6 - Had some chances but doesn't look like he has much confidence. Shoud really of figured out how physical the championship is by now
Buckley 6.5 - Looked like our best attacking option, which made it so odd that like the QPR game we seemed reluctant to get the ball to him

Kaz 5.5
Rod 5
Solly 5

While we got a result against QPR we had the same problems, real lack of creativity, especially in midfield. Lopez or Orlandi to start in midfield next game please.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
JFC and Lingard having some huge variances in their scores.

They are both the type of players you have to watch on and off the ball to have an understanding of what they do.

Lingard more than anyone I've seen at the club this year seems to understand what OG wants from his forwards. He isn't stuck in a single position and is constantly looking for space. It's no accident that he continually recieves the ball with a bit of room - his off the ball running is all about taking up good positions. He is also happy to come back and look for the ball, rather than expecting it to be played behind the defense. I thought he was a couple of big moments off having a 8 or 9 out of 10 day. I do understand those saying he is a little lightweight though. He is but he also works very hard, I don't think he's a fancy dan at all.

Let's get one thing out of the way JFC's set-piece wasn't great on Saturday. However, I think you have to understand what JFC's role is. To me he is a link man, good on the ball, rarely misplaces a pass and should be ferrying the ball from the two defensive minded midfielders to the guys that can do the damage. He's another player you actually have to watch, so much of his work is simple and effective, you almost forget he's there. Also guys, he's 19, this is the type of role you get far better at with experience.

Not saying either had a blinder on Saturday but neither was poor. Ulloa & Buckley had far worse games than these two.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lingaard's running off the ball is one of my main issues with him especially when Ward has the ball. He seemed to amble along in front of Ward a few times, depriving him of space to run into or an option and few times when Ward's been under pressure, he's sprinted away with his back to him to the middle of the pitch leaving him with no-one to pass to.
He does seem a run around a lot, but i'm not sure much of it helps the team

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Lingaard's running off the ball is one of my main issues with him especially when Ward has the ball. He seemed to amble along in front of Ward a few times, depriving him of space to run into or an option and few times when Ward's been under pressure, he's sprinted away with his back to him to the middle of the pitch leaving him with no-one to pass to.

Opinions, eh?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That's a far too reasonable response for NSC , we lost we need to argue. I'll call you a JCL, and you can tell me how many times you went to Priestfield and that tell i'm a Gus-lover

I might have been tempted to do that if you were anything less than reasonable in your response.

Getaroom....

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The worst player on the pitch on Saturday was Ince. His decision making & touch were awful.

I'm not going to slag him off for it though as it has to be expected from a young player playing in his first season. However I do wonder if all the adoration he gets is good for him. On the other hand slagging him off could bruise his confidence. Hmmm.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have left this a couple of days to try and be objective...

Kuszczak 4
Ward 6
Greer 5
Upson 4
Bruno 6
Ince 6
Andrews 3
Forster-Caskey 4
Ulloa 5
Lingard 5
Buckley 5

LuaLua 6
March 4
Rodriguez n/a

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
I have left this a couple of days to try and be objective...

Kuszczak 4
Ward 6
Greer 5
Upson 4
Bruno 6
Ince 6
Andrews 3
Forster-Caskey 4
Ulloa 5
Lingard 5
Buckley 5

LuaLua 6
March 4
Rodriguez n/a

If you think Andrews was worth 3 and the worse player on the pitch, then you are clueless

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Julie - 5

Julie - 2 We play negative uninspiring football too often without him. He just makes it worse.

Andrews 3

Andrews 5

Andrews 5 - poor

Andrews - 5

Andrews - 4 anonymous

Andrews 4

If you think Andrews was worth 3 and the worse player on the pitch, then you are clueless

Perhaps 3 is harsh... but what exactly DOES HE DO? and it would appear I am not alone in thinking he was pretty poor.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Opinions indeed!! I actually thought Lingard's running off the ball was excellent and especially when Lua Lua came on, creating space for him. But you're not the only one to disagree. Oscar obviously thought he was just ploughing the same furrow. Whoever is right, I do think we need better off the ball plaaaaaay from others in the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here