Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Ipswich Away

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Stephens, Bong, and Lua Lua superb.

But for me Sam Baldock deserves special praise, worked his socks off today and his movement was superb. What a totally different player he looks in his natural position.

Kayal was maybe not at his best today but I feel it's harsh to criticise anyone after today's result.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Come on chaps, surely someone is going to get the Ashley Barnes "they were crap" award???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A virtually complete 'team' performance. Ipswich had some key players missing but it still needed the Albion to put a real shift in.

IMO it was a crucial decision by Hughton to play Rosenior. Gave us a bit more grit in midfield, neutralised much of the threat from Ipswich on our right and Liam made some cracking runs into their box.

We carried a very serious threat going forward and looked dangerous on the ball, often opening Ipswich up at will. 3-0 at HT would not have been unfair. We should have been more clinical.

The only concern for me is that 2nd half we made hard work of the inevitable fight back by Ipswich, similar to Fulham and Huddersfield, so I hope Hughton will work on that.

Everyone gets an 8, except:

Stephens: 9 and MoM. an immense performance, despite carrying a knock 2nd half
Kayal: 8.5. Must be a nightmare to play against. High energy across the pitch and sprayed some majestic cross field passes.
Lua Lua: 8:5 gave the young full back a torrid time and got him subbed. A classic KLL goal.
Baldock: 8:5 worked hard, pity about the miss as he deserved a goal .
Hemed: 8:5 a handful for the defence
Rosenior: 8.5 linked up well with Hemed and Baldock
Greer: 7 - didn't play badly, just not on a par with the rest of team

Hughton: 9.5 now playing a formation and style that is positive and entertaining. Still some fine tuning needed here and there but the progress from last season is remarkable. Oh, and the icing on the cake is that he actually brought Bobby on..... if only their keeper had parried that late shot as BZ was lurking ready to put it in the net. That would have been a perfect ending.

Pretty much exactly as I saw it - you must have been standing very close to me.

Come on chaps, surely someone is going to get the Ashley Barnes "they were crap" award???

Nope, nobody was remotely crap. Of the starters, Greer was the weakest, imo, but scored a 7!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale 7 Good performance-maybe could have done slightly better with the pen? I'm a big fan of David, but I wonder whether he could have got to it. No complaints tho
Bruno 8 Classy, unlucky with the pen
Greer 7.5
Hunemeier 8 Good half, 1st wasn't a booking second was
Bong 8.5 lovely assist, good performance
Roseinor 8.5 Was excellent today MOTM contender
Stephens 8.5 as Bong
Lualua 9 What is he taking?? Brilliant
Hemed 8.5 Worked hard, got a brace. Can't ask for much more
Baldock 8.5 Should have scored his chance to make it 3-0, but was great, gave ipswich a constant headache

Subs: Dunk 7
Ince 7
Zamora N/A Didn't really touch the ball, but great to have him back

Kayal?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What stood out for me was the energy of the team. When we lost the ball we were all over them, harrying to get it back, not giving them a moment's rest. Then when we had we poured forward at pace and in numbers. It was relentless. Long may it continue.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
fantastic advert for the championship. great game, greater result and some good performances, notably from rosenior, lua lua and stephens.

I thought we looked a little fragile after the big german was subbed but it was the right thing to do with him one tackle away from a red.

Great for the travelling fans...........keep up the good work..... great support as ever

Fans 10
\]

This, with a bell or two

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What stood out for me was the energy of the team. When we lost the ball we were all over them, harrying to get it back, not giving them a moment's rest. Then when we had we poured forward at pace and in numbers. It was relentless. Long may it continue.

Absolutely. I think I said on another thread, it reminded me of Derby when I've seen them play recently (but with the final finish that they lacked at the Amex last season). Breaking at pace and looking a threat. When did we last have 21 shots in an away game? Really impressed with the amazing turnaround Hughton has brought about over the summer. They look a completely different team.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
0s all around. 4-4-2? Straight out of the ninethies in my opinion. Three goals? Only three goals away to some club top of the table? DERISORY. BURNO conceding penalty? Hughton the dullard shutting up shop in the last minute? Bringing on a 34 year old RAMSHACKLE for more than a minute? Abysmal stuff...

:banana:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
0s all around. 4-4-2? Straight out of the ninethies in my opinion. Three goals? Only three goals away to some club top of the table? DERISORY. BURNO conceding penalty? Hughton the dullard shutting up shop in the last minute? Bringing on a 34 year old RAMSHACKLE for more than a minute? Abysmal stuff...

:banana:

I'm going to bed :yawn:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Stephens 8.94 (98mins, 8 votes)

The Rest:
Lualua 8.75 (98mins, 8 votes)
Kayal 8.56 (98mins, 8 votes)