Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings for MK Dons

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Was my first game under Poyet.Couldnt work out who some of the players were.

Brezovan 7. Not much to do,couple of comfortable saves.
Hoyte 7. Looked good to me,why have people been slagging him on here all season?
Elphick 7. Solid.Not as busy as Dunk.
DUNK 9 MOM. Took me a while to realise he wasant an experienced pro.Would be an 8 but got a 9 as it was his Debut.
El Abd 6. Best ive seen him play in a long time.Not a natural left back but does a job.

Bennet 6. Was expecting big things from him having read previous player ratings.Tried hard,but no end product.
Carole 6. As per Bennet but WASNT expecting big things.
Crofts 7. Put in lots of effort,broke things up and never stopped runnig.Tried to be creative and get forward but just didnt work for him.
Hendrie 7.5 . Still can get used to having LEE HENDRIE who i only ever used to see on MOTD.Like him a lot.Would have like to see him for a bit longer but he doesnt look fit.SIGN HIM UP.
Dont know who the other midfielder was and didnt realy notice him in the first half.

Holroyd (sp?) 4. f*** me...is he realy the best we've got? Absolute crap.Yes he can recive the ball to feet with his back to goal,but did NOTHING with any of them.Look like a subbuteo player on a team full of grown ups.Got "flicked" off the ball far to easily,looks about 12,cant hit a banjo witha barn door etc etc.

Subs.

22 (dunno who) 6.5 Would have been a 7 or more if he'd been on to do that for 90 mins.If he was playing left back he sure spent most of it in the last 3rd of the pitch.

18? Dicker? 6.5 Looked like he gave a shit when on,tried to creatre a bit but did give the balla way a few times.

Cant work out who the 3rd sub was,i think it was the fat bloke i didnt notice in the first half.He was good,i like him.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Was my first game under Poyet. Couldnt work out who some of the players were.

I liked your ratings because they were not clouded by ever having seen most of these players before. You're bound to get slated by some people on here because you didn't know who some of the players were, but I say well done for a good honest summary.

My ratings wouldn't differ greatly, except reducing every score for every player by at least 1 point.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Very poor game:
Brezovan: Clean sheet but no great saves 8
Hoyte: Quite good defensively but I would like to have seen him get forward a bit more 7
El Abd: Not his best game but playing out of position for the benefit of the team. OK defensively but terrible distribution, not surprising as the ball was on his left foot all the time 6
Elphick: A steady centre-half performance 8
Dunk: A wonderful debut, a high standard to maintain 9
Arismendi: The best I've seen him play, but for me, not as good as Navarro in the same position 6
Hendrie: Some flashes of real class, but not involved enough for me 7
Crofts: Didn't show as much as usual but in the first half our mid-field seemed over run 6
Carole: Not really in the game 5
Bennett: Like Carole was unable to make any headway 5
Holroyd: Tried very hard achieved nothing 4

Subs:
In general all the subs improved the team:
Navarro: Got on the ball a lot and passed to our players 7
Dicker: Again managed to hold the ball, found it difficult to pass the ball forward, but really there was no one to pass to 7
Painter: In the short time he was on he got forward well and created a few half chances 8

Apr 2, 2010
Leamington Spa
Brezovan - (6) Didn't have a lot to do, but what he did he did well.

Hoyte - (7) Got forward well, looked comfotorable on the ball and did his job defensively.
Elphick - (7) Went on some mazy runs and got a few unlucky shots off, was solid throughout.
Dunk - (9) Fantastic debut. Did everything asked and did it with ease.
El-Abd - (6) NOT a full-back. His distribution is poor but did well defensively.

Bennett - (6) Didn't see a lot from him. He usually tends to drift in and out of games but never got into this one.
Arismendi - (6) Did well when on the ball, was a shame to see him sent off.
Hendrie - (7) Looked to be blowing after a while, when fit he will look to cause trouble. Tried to create chances as much as possible, didn't seem to come off though.
Crofts - (7) Didn't stop. Put in every challenge and got forward well, however never really found a way through.
Carole - (5) Wasn't really in the game.

Holroyd - (4) Muscled out of it by their centre-half. Didn't have one shot and rarely retained the ball.

Subs
Navarro - (6) Did well, retained the ball well and put in some nice crosses.
Dicker - (6) Got around the pitch well and tried to create chances.
Painter - (6) Was unlucky with his header. Got up and down the pitch well.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan 6

Hoyte 8
Elphick 6
Dunk 7
El Abd 6

Bennett 6
Arismendi 6
Hendrie 7
Crofts 6
Carole 6

Holroyd 5

Subs All 6

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brezovan - 6

Hoyte - 7
Elphick - 7
Dunk - 9
El Abd - 6

Carole - 6
Bennett - 6
Arismendi - 6
Hendrie - 7
Crofts - 6

Holroyd - 5

Painter - 6
Dicker - 6
Navarro - 6

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Brezovan - 6, didn't do a lot, no errors

Hoyte - 8, best game for us
Elphick - 7, defence weren't troubled but didn't have any disasters
Dunk - 8, as per Elphick but an extra point cos it was his debut
El Abd - 7, easy enough

Carole - 7, i thought he was really putting the effort in and covering a lot of ground, whether he's upto it is another issue
Bennett - 6, really quiet
Arismendi - 4, didn't notice him at all till he got himself sent off
Hendrie - 7, some nice touches
Crofts - 6, not as lively as usual

Holroyd - 5, i think the midfield didn't give a toss and therefore he had absolutely bollocks all to work with all game, but equally there was no excitement/promise when he did pick up the ball.

Overall no-one really played badly, we just clearly weren't even remotely bothered about trying to win a football match, which was a real shame when 1800 people had travelled to watch it.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Brezovan - 6 Had very little to do, kicking was a bit suspect at times.
Hoyte - 6 Links up well with Bennett, but he looks really uncomfortable to me, doesn't look like a footballer.
Elphick - 7 Solid at the back, really composed on the ball. Got forward quite a bit and was unlucky not to score.
Dunk - 8 Looked as though he'd been in the back four, for years. Brilliant debut.
El-Abd - 6 Out of position, but still did a job defensively.
Bennett - 5 Couldn't really get into the game, linked up well with Hoyte on the odd occasion, his crossing was very poor.
Arismendi - 6 Thought he did quite well, protecting the back four. From the television footage it seems like a very harsh red card, and he looked distraught when leaving the pitch.
Hendrie - 7 Sign him up. His touch and vision alone put him head and shoulders above our other midfielders. Always looking to try and create something. Showed his class when he left their striker for dead in our own penalty area.
Crofts - 6 He couldn't really stamp his authority on the game. But he never stopped running or tackling and got forward well in the second half.
Carole - 4 Didn't really notice he was playing, occasionally I'd notice him on the left doing a step-over but that was really about it.
Holroyd - 6 Was out muscled by their defence the whole game. I really feel sorry for him, he works so hard off the ball, making runs through the middle, but he was fed on scraps.

Subs
Navarro - 6 Looks a bit overweight, but the we upped the temp when he came on, and put in a couple of decent crosses.
Dicker - 5 Gave away the ball a couple of times, but as above, when he came with Navarro the we upped the tempo.
Painter - 5 Had a half chance right at the end with a looping header, don't really see why he wasn't starting ahead of El-Abd

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brezovan - 5 - kept coming out and making a hash of it, could have been lobbed twice
Hoyte - 8 - our most attacking player, sadly
Dunk - 8 - superb, just like watching Elphick's first few games, he really seemed to fit in
Elphick - 7 - didn't do much wrong
El-abd- 6 - competent, but didn't offer anything going forward unsurprisingly
Crofts - 5 - poor game from him, gave the ball away too much
Hendrie - 6 - quiet, but some brilliant little touches when he got the ball
Arismendi - 6 - was our best midfielder until the sending off
Bennett - 6 - looked lively in the second half, but didn't have impact
Carole - 6 - did nothing other than a few pointless stepovers
Holroyd - 2 - should have stayed in non league

Navarro - 7 - pretty decent when he came on, some good passing and crossing
Dicker - 5 - didn't really get in the game, kept giving it away uncharacteristically

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Brezovan 6 - They hit his bar twice and he was nowhere near either of them. But he gets a 6 because he didn't look useless with the ball at his feet, which shows huge improvement from when we signed him.
Hoyte 8 - A bit clumsy and awkward but with no real opponent tracking him yesterday, he thrived.
El-Abd 6 - Does a solid job for the team without doing anything spectacular, and a good person to have in the squad. Deserves some sort of recognition for the way he's completely turned the fans in his favour.
Elphick 8 - Striding forward from defence with confidence, elegance and style. And did everything required at the back. Top performance from our best centre back.
Dunk 9 - Absolutely amazing. Won everything in the air, covered behind El-Abd on the odd occaison in the first half it was neccessary, and did nothing silly in posession. What a prospect.
Bennett 7 - He looked extremely frustrated by the lack of quality service into his feet, and then the lack of a viable ball into the box. Certainly toward the end he was just whipping it in with more hope than expectation. But looked a class above the rest.
Carole 5 - I really don't know what people thinks he adds to the team. Really poor show, again.
Arismendi 6 - Is clearly a quality player, but he's a bit like a Formula 1 car being driven on a river. He can't get all his quality and class down on the pitch. He needs a long run of games. Obviously, we were nowhere being able to see what happened, but it sounds like the red card was harsh.
Hendrie 6 - One amazing turn in his own penalty area first half which had everyone's heart in their mouth! His awareness on the ball is excellent, and he's the sort of player we need next season. Didn't applaud the fans when he came off though, which was a bit poor.
Crofts 6 - Much more involved in the second half when we realised the game was there to be won, but he never really threatened to play a killer ball or do something decisive.
Holroyd 6 - I think he'll come good with time, and service. He's not on the right wave length yet, the other players never seemed sure of what runs he was going to make, and certainly Dicker didn't seem to have much faith in playing him in, late on.

Subs;
Navarro 7 - Put his foot on the ball in the right places, played it short in others.
Dicker 6 - Didn't really influence the game.
Painter 7 - Gave us a real attacking outlet down our left hand side in what was a brilliant tactical change by El Gustavo of Poyet.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Brezovan - 6, didn't do a lot, no errors

Hoyte - 8, best game for us
Elphick - 7, defence weren't troubled but didn't have any disasters
Dunk - 8, as per Elphick but an extra point cos it was his debut
El Abd - 7, easy enough

Carole - 7, i thought he was really putting the effort in and covering a lot of ground, whether he's upto it is another issue
Bennett - 6, really quiet
Arismendi - 4, didn't notice him at all till he got himself sent off
Hendrie - 7, some nice touches
Crofts - 6, not as lively as usual

Holroyd - 5, i think the midfield didn't give a toss and therefore he had absolutely bollocks all to work with all game, but equally there was no excitement/promise when he did pick up the ball.

Overall no-one really played badly, we just clearly weren't even remotely bothered about trying to win a football match, which was a real shame when 1800 people had travelled to watch it.

Agree in the most part with those, especially Carole. I thought he was one of the few players trying to make something happen, and although I understand why he was taken off I was surprised he was one of the players to make way.

Thought Bennett was and has been for the past few games a little off the pace. He looks tired and seems to have lost the ability to beat the defender.

Dunk was excellent making a couple of superbly timed tackles and Hoyte had his best game by a mile.

Felt sorry for Holdroyd because playing him in a 4-5-1 was never going to work, he needs to be facing the goal rather then spending his whole match with his back to it being cynically kicked by alternating centre halves, both of whom were booked for fouls on him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Overall I thought the whole team came into it with a 'don't give a toss' state of mind. The only players who looked any good at all were Dunk (superb debut), Carole (Industrious) and Hoyte (solid and pacy).

The whole midfield was lacklustre and almost bored looking. No inclination to penetrate the MK defence and play any incisive through balls.

I was thoroughly bored almost all of the game and it was symbolised by the guy in front who just went to sleep.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Brezovan - 5 - kept coming out and making a hash of it, could have been lobbed twice
Dunk - 8 - superb, just like watching Elphick's first few games, he really seemed to fit in

Dicker - 5 - didn't really get in the game, kept giving it away uncharacteristically

How comes your the only one see what i see Brezovan worried me to with his coming out of goal how can people give him 7's or 8's no way

El-abd lost the ball alot and when he broke with the ball it was never with pace

Dunk i was well impressed with him one for the future No- he is one for now

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How comes your the only one see what i see Brezovan worried me to with his coming out of goal how can people give him 7's or 8's no way

Perhaps it is to do with how you approach the game.

If you go in with reservations about Brezovan, every time he comes for the ball your reservations about him with make you worry. After the game you will remember being scared every time he came for the ball, without realising your worry is caused by your preconceived ideas of him, and rate him accordingly.

If you go into the game with faith in a goal keeper who had 7 clean sheets out of 19, who concedes on average less than one goal a game, who when in the team has a win rate of, prior to this game, almost 48% (it's now 45%), who has lost only 5 of 20 games, then when he comes for the ball you will have confidence in him and not worry, then when he captures the ball, or clears the ball or parries the ball away from an on-rushing attacking player, you feel justified in your confidence, and rate him accordingly.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i went with a open mind never seen him play before and some of the stuff i saw him do worried me shimples

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It is funny sometimes I think I am at a different game to people. Arismendi, in my view, was our worst player before coming off. Brezovan did everything he had to do pretty comfortably and didn't make any mistakes. Crofts was definitely worth at least 6, probably 7. The one I do agree on is Holroyd although in his defence he should never have been played as a lone striker and the service to him was generally poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here