Player ratings- Charlton (A)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Not when he can jump higher than anyone else in our side!

It's difficult to know how we hang on to him ... there'll be some big money waved under Blooms nose that's for sure

Absolutely Rugrat, every player has a price no matter what club it is. If Palace are offered £10 for Zaha they would take it like a shot :)

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Kuszczak-7
Bruno-7
Greer-5
El-Abd-8
Bridge-7
Bridcutt-8
Hammond-7
Buckley-7
Dobbie-6
Hoskins-5
CMS-8

Subs:Barnes-7
LuaLua-8
Calderon-7
You gave Dobbie more than hoskins, that's shocking. I thought Hoskins looked good and is getting better all the time and gave a good whole hearted performance. Dobbie doesn't looked interested, maybe he's annoyed about his lack of game time, but he doesn't do himself any favours.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Agreed. We'll get a decent payout for him but he's crucial to our system so he'll be a big loss if he leaves.

Would be very difficult to replace him. Very consistent & hardly ever injured. Massive player destined to play at the top level, hopefully at the Amex with us!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Fulham or Villa will put in a bid at least I think. Must be around £4M to accept IMO + sell on clause.

Yeah I was thinking a team like Fulham would be ideal for him. The thing which makes me so sure he should be playing in the Premiership is consistency. 2/3 bad games in his whole time with us is amazing really. I hope we can hold on to him/ offer him a great new contract but I can't see it and fair play to him if he does move on to bigger and better things.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 7
Bridge 7
Greer 5
El-Abd 7
Hammond 7
Buckley 7
Bridcutt 8
Dobbie 5
Hoskins 6
CMS 7

Calderon 6
Barnes 7
LuaLua 7

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Bridcutt, genuinely, is unreplaceable. Absolute quality, one of the best players I have ever seen pull on an Albion shirt and for a little man, out jumps players much taller. Bizarrely, remember the stick he got in early Withdean games?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak 7
Bruno 7
Greer 5
El-Abd 7
Bridge 7
Bridcutt 8
Hammond 7
Buckley 7
Dobbie 5
Hoskins 6
Mackail-Smith 7

Subs:
Barnes 6
LuaLua 7
Calderon 6

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a great game. End to end stuff once we had got rid of the ridiculous tippy tappy across the back in the first ten minutes. If we continue to play like this I will be a happy bunny for the rest of the season wherever we end up in the league.

Kuszczak 8. Great handling. Couldn't do much about the goals. One very poor kick.
Bruno 7. OK without being at his best.
Greer 6. Saw far too much of the ball in the first half. It should be given to a player who knows what to do with it.
El Abd 7. Good game I thought considering first back from injury.
Bridge 7. Good to have him back though probably not at his best.
Bridcutt 9. Excellent again! MOM.
Hammond 8. Getting better and better. Best game back for us.
Buckley 7. Not one of his best games. Missed a sitter.
Dobbie 5. Disappointing. Given a chance and really didn't take it.
Hoskins 7. Looked pretty good without setting the game alight. Would really like him to get a goal.
CMS 8. One of his better games. Great goal, but also a glaring miss.

Subs:
Barnes 8. Thought he did pretty well when he came on.
Lua Lua 7. Looked good.
Calderon 7. Filled in well for Bruno.

Gus 8 for fielding an attacking line-up, playing two wingers at the end, and having the guts to drop Barnes!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average rating

Bridcutt 8.50
Mackail-Smith 8.00
Hammond 7.63
El Abd 7.50
Kuszczak 7.25
Bridge 7.13
Bruno 7.00