Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings -Cardiff (A)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The point I'm making if it had of been anyone other than Baldock you would have given them a higher mark than zero. I can't deny your point he was largely anonymous, I can only recall one touch which was just after he came on. If it were Wilson or Lua Lua I guarantee a Mark of 3 or above would have been applied.
It's all theoretical. I have often rated LuaLua lowly because he's kick and rush with no class but at least he gets fouled frequently which takes the pressure off the team, breaks up the game and gives them a breather. He also has the audacity to score a goal or two from time to time - all things that Baldock can not do, as proven last season when the team was crap and this season when the team are good. He is a nothing player if he isn't going to score a goal or make an impact on attack. For me, he is the worst striker signing we've ever made in the context of his fee and how many games he has played, not to even think about how much money he has raked in through wages. Awful, awful signing.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He also has the audacity to score a goal or two from time to time - all things that Baldock can not do, as proven last season when the team was crap and this season when the team are good.

They both scored the same amount of goals last season - Kaz played 16 more games than Baldock. You're entitled to your opinion, but try to make it factually relevant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He didn't do a lot wrong for the first, Whittingham shouldn't have been passed on by Sidwell. It was a superbly taken goal and Dunk was not at fault IMO. The second goal absolutely he tried to get tight/put a challenge in and he got beaten far too easily. 3rd goal again I can't make a case for Dunk being at fault although I would like to see it again.

Zamora although isolated was out muscled far too often, his lay offs were inaccurate and he missed a golden opportunity in the first half. Now I love Bobby as much as the next person but he was poor and off the pace. Knockaert loads of endeavour but some of his deliveries were shocking. many were over hit and went out of play, and again missed a golden chance at 3-1 to put us back in the game.

But because Knocky & Zamora are quite rightly fans favourites they get marked far more favourably then the others.

At the end of the day we were shit so it's all immaterial and only Skalak & the reappearance of Rosenior can be seen as minor positives in an otherwise awful display.

Great post

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Feeling suitably depressed and having buried my head in the proverbial sand for most of the weekend, I have only now found the energy or will to read what others felt about the performance. I am willing Crofts to be that combative, potent force of past glories but sadly I've seen nothing in the past two seasons to suggest he's back to the 'old Croftsy'. I can only see a rather cumbersome, ungainly player, bereft of any attacking instinct or bite. He looks yards behind the play and the mobility is lacking. I'm not even close to suggesting he's the only reason we lost this game so convincingly, but his poor performance has to be a major factor.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Stockdale - 4
Bruno - 5
Dunk - 4
Goldson - 4
Calderon - 4
Stephens - 5
Crofts - 3
Sidwell - 3
Skalak - 6
Knockaert - 5
Zamora - 4

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
From the telly:

Stockdale - 4
Bruno - 5
Dunk - 5
Goldson - 5
Calderon - 5
Stephens - 7 ( well, he put the ball in the back of the net, if others had converted their chances..)
Crofts - 4
Sidwell - 4
Skalak - 6.5 ( first half not so good, second half better)
Knockaert - 5
Zamora - 5

I must admit, I was surprised by the number of changes and a few of the actual changes themselves, but I thought, well CH knows best..
A strange game, started positively enough.. Then they took over after their goal.. Second half started well, created a few chances, I had the feeling if we pulled it back to 3-2 then the game could have been for the taking.. Their penalty killed that last bit of optimism, was a bit harsh, but to use the old cliche, I have seen them given..
Lets hope this was just a small hiccup and the team can get their game faces back on for the Brizzle game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I have often rated LuaLua lowly because he's kick and rush with no class.

This post proves you know nothing. Did you actually watch us at all in the first month or two of the season? He has "no class"?! What in the chuffing hell are you on about?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I have often rated LuaLua lowly because he's kick and rush with no class but at least he gets fouled frequently which takes the pressure off the team, breaks up the game and gives them a breather.

edit

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It was a collectively poor display on saturday, we were just not at the races at all. 4/10 for everyone except Skalek who gets a 6 for his second half contribution.

I've written it off as a bad day at the office, we know we can play better than that and we'll need to tomorrow night to get anything out of a resurgent Bristol City.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Player Ratings

Highest Rated
Skalak 6.10 (96mins, 24 votes)

The Rest
>Rosenior 5.60 (49mins, 15 votes)
Stephens 5.17 (96mins, 24 votes)
Knockaert 5.00 (96mins, 24 votes)
Bruno 4.96 (96mins, 24 votes)