Hove / Παρος
Someone maybe agrees with you......

2f5e02aef2eb35e77a599e0db11fe1aa.jpg

Can we Jamie this absolute C*NT?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I’d also give CH a 6. Probably the right team selection but where the hell was Baldock again?! No plan B, just like for like substitutions. Meanwhile Dyche is bringing on another striker

I think Baldock really makes a difference. It would be nice to see him on the bench, even if not for every game if his personal circumstances are difficult.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Thought the opposite with Solly today and found him very frustrating. He looked very one dimensional and Burnley had him worked out as he ALWAYS turns onto his left foot.

Final ball lacking again and some painfully wayward shots from distance.

There is a great player in there and we see it in flashes but he has to improve his decision making and crossing to establish himself at this level.

I agree in that I think he looks more one dimensional on the left (he’s the only one of our wingers that’s ever played on his natural side... why is this?). However, I feel for the guy. He seems to have been the one to take most of the blame for the team’s performances this season as he seems to be the first one to get dropped or rotated whenever changes are made. For a young man who looked very decent for this level at the start of the season, I’d imagine his confidence has been shot from how Hughton has used him this season, and consequently it’s more than likely he’s lost a bit of his mojo and is trying too hard.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 9 - our best player.
Bruno 7 - had an abundance of space in the first half and should have made more of it. Defended fairly well though.
Duffy 7 - a game made for his statistics type defending.
Dunk 7 - better overall than his partner but a big error playing Wood on for his second half chance.
Bong 7 - one of our better players. Solid down that side and got forward well, albeit with no end product.
Knockaert 7 - should’ve scored. Did some excellent things but also made some very questionable decisions. Defensive work needs work.
Stephens 7 - kept the game ticking over and got forward more than normal.
Propper 7 - considering he spent a fair portion of the time picking the ball up at LB, I thought he did well. Still feels like his natural instincts are being kept on a leash, which is a shame.
March 7 - I feel for the guy. Seems to be the one taking the blame as he’s always first to be dropped/rotated. That had a knock on effect today as he always seemed to be trying too hard to make something happen. Still, a good effort, always an outlet, just quesrionable decision making when in advanced areas (much like everyone else).
Gross 7 - excellent first half, faded badly in the second. We missed his spatial awareness when he went off though.
Murray 6 - I actually thought he has a decent game considering his current role in the side is such an awful one, but I’ve dropped him at least a point for the missed penalty which he should be embarrassed about.

Subs
Brown 6 - I thought he came on and drove at them well. Unfortunately, he made some bad decisions with his final ball on more than one occasion.
Hemed 4 - showed yet again why Murray will continue to start in our biggest games. We totally lost the plot when he came on as there was no focal point. Shouldn’t be used as a lone striker as he simply doesn’t have the characteristics for it.
Izzy 6 - again, I feel for the guy. Getting no sense of consistency in his game and seems to try too hard. Makes some excellent runs but is rarely picked out. Looks frustrated.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 7
Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 8
Bong 6
Knockaert 7
(Izquierdo 83min, 6)
Propper 6
Stephens 6
March 6
Gross 6
(Brown 75min, 5)
Murray 6
(Hemed 63min, 5)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 7

Bruno 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 7

Knockaert 7
Stephens 6
Propper 6
March 5

Gross 6

Murray 5

Subs:
Hemed 4
Brown 5
Izquierdo 5

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Frustrating. We should have won. First half was one of our best performances of the season.

Ryan 8. Good goalkeeper.
Bruno 6. Not at his best. Some poor passing.
Duffy 6. Some poor distribution.
Dunk 8. Good game in the main, but managed two raking cross-field balls straight into touch in the first three minutes.
Bong 7. Good game both defending and going forward except for that cross right at the end.
Stephens 7. Much better performance than of late. Houghton obviously explained to him the benefits of passing to his own side.
Propper 6. Needs to get more involved.
Knockaert 7. Some good, some not so good, and needs to cut out the petulance.
March 5. Was looking forward to him starting, but after a good first half he had a rotten second half. Should have been subbed.
Gross 7. Decent game. Lots of running.
Murray 7. Reasonable preformance apart from the penalty miss.

Subs:
Hemed 5. Better to have kept Murray on.
Brown 6. Did OK I thought apart from one run when he failed to use the ball effectively.
Izquierdo 5. Would like to see him starting in place of March next weekend or given much longer as a sub. There's undoubtedly talent there to be uncovered ... at least I hope so after what we paid for him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe so, but what options are there when he lifts his head up? There is no pace or little movement.

Correct...this is our biggest problem. Whoever has the ball in CM or anywhere further forward usually has no option ahead of them. Gross usually too deep, the two CMs don’t get forward at all and Murray is too slow and easily tracked by CBs in the PL.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Correct...this is our biggest problem. Whoever has the ball in CM or anywhere further forward usually has no option ahead of them. Gross usually too deep, the two CMs don’t get forward at all and Murray is too slow and easily tracked by CBs in the PL.

That is why I think that we need either to play Sam Baldock or sign an AM who can score goals in the Joao Texiera mould when he was here on loan. Is that Grujic of Liverpool such a player?

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Ryan - 9, two maybe three double saves - he deserved the Motm award
Bruno 6
Dunk 7 - I love it when he goes forward, he has the skills and should do it more often.
Duffy 7
Bong 6.
Knockhaert - 7.5. Full of running but I wish he would learn when to release / pass the ball to his team mates. Very frustrating when he gets up to the 18 yard line and then finds himself surrounded by opposing players
Propper 6 - quiet game.
Stephens 6 - sits too deep on occasion
March 6
Gross 6 - was also guilty of going 2/3rds of the way up the pitch and releasing the ball about 5/6 yards later than he should have done.
Murray 7

Brown 4 - I haven't been impressed by him at all.
Izquerdo 5
Hemed 6

Hughton 5.5 - what was the point in bringing Izquerdo on with 8 minutes to go? What's a subtitute going to do in that time? Either bring them on in the 70th minute, or not at all.

Summary - frustrating

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan - 8 - excellent keep us in the game, sponcers got it correct for once MOM
Bruno - 7.5 age 37 really
Bong - 6- well played
Duffy - 7 - not happy with the booking if deliberate to ensure the Chelsea game and putting the Watford game in jeopardy then club need to act
Dunk - 7.5- very good really looks England good
Stephens - 6 - Much improved upon resent games
Propper - 7.5- looked the part today
Gross - 6- like to see him a little closer to GM or TH
March - 6 - was booked could have been sent off thought he was going to be subbed
Knockaert - 6.5- still not to best but supprised he was subbed
Murray - 6.5- Did his standing foot slip as he took the penalty?

Hemed - 6 - not on long enough
Brown - 5 - No idea what he brought to improve things
Izquierdo- 5- while warming up for an age he and Kyal had an endless conversation body language suggested two naughty boys talking out of school out of ear shot of teachers!

Two days later having had time to reflect and see MOTD I think it only fair to reevaluate a couple of my scores

Knockaert 7.5 could have had a hat trick on another day
Murray 7 should have had a second penalty
Izquirerdo 4.5 no one likes a diver

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan - 8 - Some more gold standard saves;
Bong - 7 - Decent, doesn't get forward as much but against better opposition;
Dunk - 7 - Usual stuff
Duffy - 7 - Same as Dunk
Bruno - 6 - Starting to creak a bit...
Stephens - 7 - Solid, but a bit lax in posession
Propper - 7 - Same as Stephens
March - 5 - Seems to have good back two steps, seems reluctant to try an beat a man anymore and his delivery has regressed
Knockaert - 6 - Double marked for most of the game, seems easily frustrated
Gross - 6 - Seemed well off the pace today
Murray - 7 - Missed his chance but is getting in positions to take them

Subs:
Izquierdo - 6 - On about 20 mins too late, looked lively but couldn't influence the game too much
Brown - 4 - Doesn't run, does one thing then stands back to admire his work. Looks like a young Championship player to me
Hemed - 6 - Hassled and harried but wasn't hugely supplied by wingers

A couple of points overall:

I think we need to pick a left winger and stick to them for a few games. Keep chopping and changing does nothing for their form or consistency. March was dropped when in the form of his life, Izquierdo was dropped when he was gaining confidence and Izzy Brown is not by any stretch of the imagination a winger. I'd play Izquierdo, and give him a run for 5 or 6 matches.

Knockaert is suffering from not poor form but a mixture of poor support, better opposition and no competition for his spot.

That's all. Disappointing not to win, but a point is a point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here