Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Burnley Away

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
N
Just got back after a horrendous journey - just love the 50mph speed limits!!!

Stockdale 7 poor kicking into touchline
Bruno 7.5 classy
Rosenior 7 Solid
Greer 8 Showed his experience, and would have not realised he has been out for a nimber of games.
Dunk 7.5 Good battle with Grey, and compossed on the ball
Kayal 8.5 Industrious
Stephens 7 a little lost compared to other games
March 6.5 a little light weight, needs to be stronger.
Murphy 6.5 always get excited when he gets the ball and starts to run but..... looked NAKED as decide on a few occassions not to chase the ball.
Hemed 6.5 Ok
Zamora 7.5 knows where the goal is, nice hold up play

Caskey 6
Manu 6

Thought we played well, a good game to watch. A good point though.

I can see why you get excited........who wouldn't

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I never understand why only people at the game can have a valid opinion on player ratings, surely everyone that watched it live on the box would have as good if not better judgement with the aide of replays etc?
Well it's not so bad when it is on TV, but if the rating is from a radio commentary then the rating reflects the words of the commentator, rather than the actual match.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7
Greer 8
Dunk 8
Rosenior 7

Kayal 9
Stephens 8
March 6
Murphy 6

Zamora 7
Hemed 6

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i watched it on the box.....stone cold sober

stockdale 7.5 ....two big saves but belts the ball into touch too often.
rosenior 7 steady and got forward.
bruno 8 great game and produced the best cross of the game......is he not allowed to take free kicks and corners...??
dunk 7 half decent game but needs to keep his hands down.
greer 8 back to his best , threw the nut at a few balls and only one bad pass.
stephens 6.5
march 6
kayal.........7.5
murphy 6...........midfield as a whole , very defensive attitude to the game so as we got a point all good .....
zamora 7.5 poachers goal , busy , a threat....
hemed 6 he is out of confidence imho ....does he need a holiday or some meth....???

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Well it's not so bad when it is on TV, but if the rating is from a radio commentary then the rating reflects the words of the commentator, rather than the actual match.

Surely nobody would ever seriously give player ratings from a radio commentary?

Mine are from the telly box, but I accept TV ratings can never be as good as actually being at a game live, so feel free to ignore.

Stockdale 7.5 - Brilliant save first half, distribution generally very good apart from a couple of iffys into touch.
Bruno 9 MOM - He was immaculate. Can't recall a single error.
Dunk 7 - Kept Gray out of the game and very calm and precise on the ball, but stupid for hanging on to the shirt for so long for the penalty, and then doing it again later in the match!
Greer 7.5 - You wouldn't know he hadn't played for so long.
Rosenior 7 - Did what he did very well, but I felt he played too conservatively.
March 6 - Great threat for the first minute, diminishing returns for the next 89 mins. Didn't make many errors apart from overhitting dead balls, but didn't frighten them enough.
Stephens 8 - Anonymous for the first 10 minutes of each half, but once he found the pace of the game he was superb.
Kayal 8.5 - Class, and work rate exceptional. Barton couldn't even get close to him.
Murphy 6 - Flatters to deceive, runs at players and looks as if something might happen ... but it never did.
Zamora 8 - Wish he could last 90mins. Class act at holding up the ball and bringing others into play, and he can score. Did he lose a single header?
Hemed 6 - Can't fault his workrate or his willingness, but it just didn't happen for him ... again. Never looked likely to score ... again.

JFC 5 - Average mark because he did nothing wrong, but didn't make an impact either.
Manu 5.5 - Wasn't on long, but looked as if he might be able to do something, he was certainly very direct on the few occasions the ball came near. I'd like to see more of him to see if there is a player in there.

Overall, as others have said, a point each was probably the right outcome.
We dominated the possession but with very little threat, Burnley were chasing shadows most of the day but looked far more dangerous than us when they managed to get some ball time.
The Burnley sponsors got it wrong giving their MOM to Barton. I felt Boyd looked to be their most dangerous player.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Surely nobody would ever seriously give player ratings from a radio commentary?

Mine are from the telly box, but I accept TV ratings can never be as good as actually being at a game live, so feel free to ignore.

Stockdale 7.5 - Brilliant save first half, distribution generally very good apart from a couple of iffys into touch.
Bruno 9 MOM - He was immaculate. Can't recall a single error.
Dunk 7 - Kept Gray out of the game and very calm and precise on the ball, but stupid for hanging on to the shirt for so long for the penalty, and then doing it again later in the match!
Greer 7.5 - You wouldn't know he hadn't played for so long.
Rosenior 7 - Did what he did very well, but I felt he played too conservatively.
March 6 - Great threat for the first minute, diminishing returns for the next 89 mins. Didn't make many errors apart from overhitting dead balls, but didn't frighten them enough.
Stephens 8 - Anonymous for the first 10 minutes of each half, but once he found the pace of the game he was superb.
Kayal 8.5 - Class, and work rate exceptional. Barton couldn't even get close to him.
Murphy 6 - Flatters to deceive, runs at players and looks as if something might happen ... but it never did.
Zamora 8 - Wish he could last 90mins. Class act at holding up the ball and bringing others into play, and he can score. Did he lose a single header?
Hemed 6 - Can't fault his workrate or his willingness, but it just didn't happen for him ... again. Never looked likely to score ... again.

JFC 5 - Average mark because he did nothing wrong, but didn't make an impact either.
Manu 5.5 - Wasn't on long, but looked as if he might be able to do something, he was certainly very direct on the few occasions the ball came near. I'd like to see more of him to see if there is a player in there.

Overall, as others have said, a point each was probably the right outcome.
We dominated the possession but with very little threat, Burnley were chasing shadows most of the day but looked far more dangerous than us when they managed to get some ball time.
The Burnley sponsors got it wrong giving their MOM to Barton. I felt Boyd looked to be their most dangerous player.

Agree but I'd reduce Dumk to 6 because of the idiot errors. ELvis needs to learn the off side rule - he got caught out in exactly the same way as he did in the u21 match against Norwich. Hemed's confidence has been shot since the penalty miss at Wolves. Bruno must never shave off the beard

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Stockdale 7.5 - Good game
Bruno 7.5 - Class as ever
Greer 8 - Showed why we missed him. No. 1 centre back.
Dunk 6 - Stupid mistake, again. Should be dropped.
Rosenior 7 - Solid enough, but prefer Bong
Kayal 8 - Bossed the midfield
Stephens 7.5 - started well but faded
March 6.5 - Not his best game
Murphy 6.5 - As March
Zamora 7.5 - Was quality in the first half, but faded.
Hemed 6.5 - Really not in form at the moment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 7: The Greggs munching DS of last season would not have stopped that header.
Rosenoir 7: Slightly rippled with a flat underside
Bruno 7.5: Swashbuckling as always
Dunk 6: Good in the air, silly with the penalty, and turned a few times by Grey.
Greer 7: Serene
Kayal 8.5: Monster of a performance, great battle with Barton, who to his credit seemed to enjoy the duel too.
Stephens 8: Best midfield pairing we have had since Case and Grealish
March 7: Skinned Barton for the goal, much keener to run at defenders than a couple of months ago.
Murphy 6: Had his hands full with Boyd and their excellent right back.
Hemed 5: Feel sorry for him, puts in the effort but struggling to make an impact.
BZ 9: The complete striker, Held the ball up, won it in the air, set up a good chance for March, scored a goal.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Stockdale 7: The Greggs munching DS of last season would not have stopped that header.
Rosenoir 7: Slightly rippled with a flat underside
Bruno 7.5: Swashbuckling as always
Dunk 6: Good in the air, silly with the penalty, and turned a few times by Grey.
Greer 7: Serene
Kayal 8.5: Monster of a performance, great battle with Barton, who to his credit seemed to enjoy the duel too.
Stephens 8: Best midfield pairing we have had since Case and Grealish
March 7: Skinned Barton for the goal, much keener to run at defenders than a couple of months ago.
Murphy 6: Had his hands full with Boyd and their excellent right back.
Hemed 5: Feel sorry for him, puts in the effort but struggling to make an impact.
BZ 9: The complete striker, Held the ball up, won it in the air, set up a good chance for March, scored a goal.

These ratings are spot on EP. I watched the game from the directors box five rows behind Dyche's dugout, and saw exactly what you did, from wherever you were watching it.

Wedgee

theboybilly

Stockdale 7 (An outstanding reflex save but really not as much to do as I expected)
Bruno 8 (Great performance - full of energy)
Greer 8 (Lead the line well as usual)
Dunk 7 (Played really well -unlucky with the decision for the penalty)
Rosenior 7 (He must be a dream to play in front of and eases the loss of Bong)
Kayal 9 (My MoM and even Joey Barton seemed impressed)
Stephens8 ( Always available and some lovely touches)
March 7 ( Struggled a bit against some tough defending but great run for the goal)
Murphy 6 ( Not his best game but I like him - seemed knackered after 70 minutes)
Hemed 6 (A trier and so nearly set up another for BZ. Needs a goal soon)
Zamora 8 ( Some really nice touches and could have been my MoM but for the outstanding Kayal)

JFC (Given a job and did it well - what we have we hold)
Manu 6 ( There's some real promise there, even in that cameo)

Albion 8 (Up against one of the favourites away from home they did a sterling job. Just like at Hillsborough CH knows how to set a team up. Albion showed much more ability on the ball and should be proud of being unbeaten thus far)
Burnley 6 ( Disappointing home performance and seemed to miss Sam Vokes. Gray was there only true threat (there really wasn't much else). They had chances towards the end largely due to a bad bounce for the Albion or a player slipping, not by any real skill from the home side. Barton was their MoM by a street )

Hooper & Co 6 (Got the penalty decisision wrong but other than that nothing noticeably contentious.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I never understand why only people at the game can have a valid opinion on player ratings, surely everyone that watched it live on the box would have as good if not better judgement with the aide of replays etc?

Everyone is entiled to an opinion of course but an if it is based on just a T.V viewing then so much is missed due to the camera generally following the ball. At the game you can see the whole match and all the tactics unravel . So beariing this in mind here goes.

Stockdale - 7 - Good steady game. Nearly got that penalty . Annoyingly gave away the ball with rugby style kicks to touch.
Bruno - 8 - Amazed with him this season a consistent high standard maintained.
Greer - 8 - Excellent read the game brilliantly, dovetailed perfectly with Dunk.
Dunk - 7.5 - Apart from one moment had Gray in his pocket. Thought penalty harsh, if you give that most games we will see 10 or so pens each
Rosenior - 7 - Solid worked well with Murphy to close the door.
Solly - 7 - Scared the Turf moor boys but reigned in by CH to protect in front of Bruno. Did that very well.
Kayal - 9 - MOM totally controlled midfield.
Stephens - 8.5 - In tandem with Kayal sealed up midfield.
Murphy - 7 Clearly told to tuck in did the defensive work well. Typical away performance.
BZ - 8.5 - Some great hold up play and scored. Worried about his mobility seemed to have hip pain/restriction.
Hemed - 6 - Works hard but so did COG . Needs a bit more than that.

JFC - 5 Really did not understand this move as he slotted in up front. Looked headless, chased shadows
Elvis - 6.- Needs more game time to see if he will fit in. At least he put pressure on Burnley defenders.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Any more ratings?

I think the counter is that the people watching on TV are forced to watch only what the TV shows them, which 99% of the time is a small area around wherever the ball is, leading to people voting based solely on what the players do with the ball, whereas people at the game can see the whole pitch, can see the off the ball runs, the blocks and movements that create the space for team mates to run into, and all the other off the ball play.

If any one cares, I record the ratings of people who watched the game, whether they watched on TV with close up and replays, or if they watched in person with the bigger picture and appreciation for off the ball work.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Any more ratings?

I think the counter is that the people watching on TV are forced to watch only what the TV shows them, which 99% of the time is a small area around wherever the ball is, leading to people voting based solely on what the players do with the ball, whereas people at the game can see the whole pitch, can see the off the ball runs, the blocks and movements that create the space for team mates to run into, and all the other off the ball play.

If any one cares, I record the ratings of people who watched the game, whether they watched on TV with close up and replays, or if they watched in person with the bigger picture and appreciation for off the ball work.

Don't suppose you could provide both in your final analysis ? Great work !

Everyone is entiled to an opinion of course but if it is based on just a TV viewing then so much is missed due to the camera generally following the ball. At the game you can see the whole match and all the tactics unravel.

Quite, you see only what the Sky/BT/BBC producer puts in front of you.

Stockdale 7
Rosenoir 7
Bruno 7.5
Dunk 6
Greer 7.5
Kayal 9: pretty awesome I thought
Stephens 8
March 6
Murphy 6: Not an easy afternoon for him, I liked Burnley's right back
Hemed 6: Playing a slightly different role with BZ starting
BZ 8: Very, very good for 60 minutes

Pub Watch 7: x2pts of bitter = £4 (-1 because it was Tetleys); 1pt Carlsberg & 1pt Guinness = £4.50

Connor Goldson's partner and her grandfather 8: A really interesting and pleasant pre-match chat by the food outlet under the Fishwick Stand.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here