Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Brighton vs Sevilla

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
West Stand Lower just south of the hallway line. Overall, I thought the defence looked calm and organised. Stockie's distribution was excellent but his hands needed to be stickier a couple of times. Kaz was pretty sharp but Solly barely completed a pass or found a man with a cross. He really is more promise than anything else at the moment. Tomer looked much like a shorter Ulloa, but Baldock was largely anonymous. Stevens was a bit uneven, but Kayal was sound. The subs were all solid. It was a friendly, but I thought Sevilla took it very seriously and wanted to win. Regardless of personalities and individual performances, it was a solid team performance.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was sitting East middle row C. Never been that close to the action at the Amex before. Does give a differ3nt perspective to WSU.

I enjoyed the game and we played a lot better than I had expected.

Stockdale 8. Some very good saves, but a couple of spills. Distribution in the main was good.
Bruno 8. Best I have seen him play for a very very long time. Yay!
Dunk 8. Strong defensively. One run upfield ended with an awful pass straight to the opposition.
Greer 8. Can't think when I last gave Greer an 8, but to be fair to him he did play very well.
Bong 8. I like him. Looks assured and eager to get forward.
Kayal 9. MOM. Great performance. So much energy and a couple of great long distance shots worthy of goals.
Stevens 7. Mostly good, but a couple of silly passes let him down.
March 6. Started very brightly, but faded. Probably still getting back to full fitness.
KLL 8. Played very well. Completely bamboozled the Sevilla defence on a couple of occasions. Still a some issues with decision making regarding his final ball.
Baldock 6. Not a bad performance. He could develop a good understanding with Hemed given time.
Hemed 7. OK. I'm sure there's more to come from him.

Subs:
Rosenior was impressive, Ince looked good, O'Grady was poor. Others OK.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seems Baldock didn't do it today which is a shame.

Some v mixed review in KLL -
Someday if he was good and terrorised their defence - others saying he was poor..?!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Selected marks.
Stockdale 7 Good distribution, but parried quite a few shot which is a worry
Bruno 9 Best I've seen him play for a while
Bong 6 Seemed to get dragged inside with his man too much leaving space behind that Dunk had to cover
Kaz 6 Typical display mixing a smattering a excitement and frustration.
March 6 Assume not fully fit but very much on the fringes of the game
Baldock 6 Good movement just no service

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would be fascinated to know where each poster in this thread was sitting today. I find myself thinking completely the opposite to some of you. Perhaps it looks different depending on whether you were east or west?

East lower middle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Someday if he was good and terrorised their defence - others saying he was poor..?!

He terrorised their defence, but then didn't know what to do once he got past them. He wants just one more touch or else he falls over.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He terrorised their defence, but then didn't know what to do once he got past them. He wants just one more touch or else he falls over.

It was a typically frustrating performance from KLL today. He still seems like the raw teenager we had on loan but with less spectacular goals. On a number of occasions he beat his man then failed to do anything with it.

I think the only reason he was able to beat his man was because they were unaware of his step-over and knock trick. Any Championship player will know what to expect as he been doing the same thing throughout his career. He really needs to add a new move to his repertoire.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought Kaz was pretty good today, ran out of legs a few times but looks as though he could forge a good partnership with Bong. Same story with March and Bruno.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Baldock was poor last season and is under big pressure to keep a place in the team - another striker in and he will be sub I reckon, let's see how he performs. Solly needs to deliver - loads of potential but hasn't performed yet

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7
Dunk 9
Greer 8
Bong 7

Kayal 7
Stephens 7
Lua lua 7
March 6

Hemed 7
Baldock 6

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Baldock wasn't that bad sheebs. I still think he will come good. KLL did his usual promising starts but his final ball let him down. He had a great run in the first half, tore though the centre, then screwed it up. Still see him as an impact player.

The team played well. I am a little concerned that the high markings, which are mostly deserved, will piss off the doom and gloom merchants on here!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
KLL had some very good moments and caused their defence plenty of problems, but is it just me that thinks his decision making skills are truly woeful?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I wasn't there, but just watched the highlights on Player - Stockdale featured in most of what they showed, and whilst the commentary was full of praise for him he seemed to let rather easy shots spill out into danger areas when he should have held on to them. Clearly better than letting them in, but I fear Forest would have had a follow up on those for a tap in. Hopefully he was better in real life than the highlights suggest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some VERY generous marks on here for (the generally brilliant) Kayal. Lost the ball three times through sheer carelessness / showboating each of which could have led to goals. (Equally, he could have scored a couple)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale - 7 some good saves
Bruno - 9 outstanding
Greer - 7
Dunk - 7
Bong - 7
Stephens 6 - sloppy at times
Kayal - 8 class
KLL - 7
March - 6 too weak and wasteful
Baldock - 6
Hemed -7 lots of good things

This seems about right. Bruno was a giant.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
KLL had some very good moments and caused their defence plenty of problems, but is it just me that thinks his decision making skills are truly woeful?

Don't agree, but he would be a much better player if he could improve this aspect of his game.

Westmead Fan

Jul 17, 2014
i thought brighton started brightly but the crossing from march & lua lua was shocking and needs to be worked on because the two front men had no service. Baldock was not that bad just he had to come searching for the ball.

bruno in my opinion was the best player today worked hard tried to create something. bong played well & the 2 centre backs were solid apart from a couple of minor mistakes.

brighton are just not quick enough to get the ball forward & players into the box from the midfield it might be a problem again solid at the back & major lack of goals this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here