Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Player ratings Brighton - Man City

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course sending off helped even just because they took Jesus off. However to dominate City like that was outstanding and one of most exciting games at Amex

Sanchez 7 Just looks so much more commanding than Ryan
White 7 Looked very good once we were on top. Joined a lot of players who were stuffed by Foden
Webster 8 Marked up for goal Very good for 90% but silly mistakes that could have been costly were back to his game
Burn 8 So pleased for him. Great example to some lesser players of how to get 100% out of more limited ability. However I stick with fact he is very poor defending out wide
Gross 7 Never reaches highs or lows just does a dam good job even when out of position
Bissouma 9 Apart from a couple of poor passes and shooting was outstanding.
Alzate 7 Much better than last game but to go forward needs to be more than neat and tidy. Should study video of how much more positive Lalanas contribution was when he replaced him.
Moder 7 Another out of position but did well
Alli 5 Reluctant after a great win to mark below average but nothing came off for him. Pity after several good games
Macallister 7 Similar to Alzate
Welbeck 7 Did ok
Trossard 9 Think it is good we have a forward whos game is based on skill not just effort. Of course wont come off all the time but always player to make something happen
Zeqiri Good to see him have minutes in central position. Much better option than Connelly

Lallana's rating?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Lallana's rating?

Sorry dont usually mark subs
Lalana 7 Made a difference. Have always felt midfielders job is to influence games and he did. Alzate could do with watching video of how Lalana made a difference. However would not have been happy if he had given away a penalty. Stupid reckless challenge that could have cost us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry dont usually mark subs
Lalana 7 Made a difference. Have always felt midfielders job is to influence games and he did. Alzate could do with watching video of how Lalana made a difference. However would not have been happy if he had given away a penalty. Stupid reckless challenge that could have cost us.

I didn't like that challenge one bit, in the modern era that's a free pass for parachute rolling forwards to scream in faux agony.

BT Sport eulogised over it as a great tackle.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sanchez - 7.5 - Got caught for the first goal and had no chance with the second. Super command of his box
Webster - 8.5 - Super header, some wayward passing, but led from the back tonight
White - 8.5 - Should have possibly done better against Foden but WHAT a player he is. Seeing him live shows him in a very different light - He's wonderful
Burn - 10 - Great in defence, great in attack, Dan Burn's our man, and that's a fact. Absolutely brilliant tonight. Been on the end of some laughable criticism at times, but what a steal he's been
Moder - 9 - What a player we have on our hands here too... So composed and clever in his passing
Bissouma - 10 - Work rate, tackling, distribution, did everything right. Absolutely top drawer performance
Alazte - 7.5 - Busy and effective, but lacked some of the penetration that we gained with Lallana
Gross - 8.5 - Again, worked SO hard and as usual delivered a pinpoint cross for the equaliser. Still bizarrely underrated
Jahanbakhsh - 6.5 - Not his best performance, but worked diligently throughout
Mac Allister - 8.5 - Some weird view on him tonight: "Didn't do much"... Well other than play the ball to Welbeck that changed the game and laying on the ball to Burn for the winner? If that's a quiet game. I'll take it
Welbeck - 7 - Wasn't on long enough to make an impact shooting-wise but used all his experience to win the foul that changed the game

Subs:
Trossard - 9 - I love this version of Trossard, furious and hungry for the ball and a real positive in terms of shifting the momentum further up the pitch
Lallana - 9 - A cool calm head in midfield. Some really intelligent movement and settled the team right down
Zeqiri - 8 - A real handful. Much bigger than I expected too. He really led the press and kepts City pinned

Potter - 10 - I loved him pefore the game, I love him more now. Who'd have seen us going from a 5-0 loss to Bournemouth and a tepid defeat to Cardiff 2 years ago, to beating City, Liverpool and Spurs in the same season and playing the net football I've seen at the club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here